[Finished]Anti-Archetype Contest

• 2 weeks later...

Judging results:

Key:
Balance ( B ) */10 - How Balanced is your card? Does the card cause any troublesome plays?

Effectiveness (E) */10 - does the card deal with the Deck/archetype you made to deal with?

Creativity ( C ) */5 - Is your card unique? Or was the effect ripped off another, changed slightly and put here? (This is only counting Official cards not other custom ones)

OCG Grammar (OCG) */5 - How is your wording?

Picture (P) */5 - This is a bonus only for pics that I really really like.

Total: */35. 35 is a perfect score. I will only use full numbers, not half numbers.

Radiant F.U.R.Y. - And Stay Out! - Overall, I think this is an okay and kinda fun card, but still too strong. This feels like a mini Royal Oppression with no real cost and built in protection.

B 4/10 - While this requires a dead card to be in play, that's not hard to do and this card gets way to strong way too fast.

E 3/10 - While Bujins have Mikazuchi and Hirume, both are inherent, which means this wouldn't exactly deal with them. But on the other hand, this deals with so many decks and cards that it's very very overpowered. Also it does not deal with their Spell/Traps that give them access to their Xyz's.

C 4/5 - This is quite unique, but it holds similar effects to Royal Oppression. So that's why it's not a 5.

OCG 5/5 - I can't tell any bad OCG so it looks good.

P 5/5 - that is honestly a really cool picture! Good job there!

Total: 21/35

Feartheghost - Faerie's Pestilence -
This card really reminds me of Array of Revealing Light but ridiculously better... It's not even dealing with one deck, it's just saying screw you to any Type-specific deck which can be both good and bad.

B 5/10 - This does allow both players to declare and have 2 types that can't be played, add in the fact that it can still be easily MST'd and self-destructs... The problem I see is that this can still cause Auto-lose to a lot of Type-specific decks that don't run Monsters except of that type (like Bujins/Fire Fists, etc.) that plus combining this with Field Barrier is a endless protection that's very scary and doesn't let it destroy itself.

E 9/10 - This thing is quite effective until it's MST'd which is a good thing. But again, it can be counterproductive but many decks can play around that so easily that they won't care either.

C 2/5 - This seems like it's too much of a mix of Array of Revealing Light and Non-Agression Area... Except both are more balanced in that it's limited to a turn and/or they cannot have a near perfect protection on it either.

OCG 3/5 - This is using actually fairly old OCG Grammar. The update would say: "When this card is activated: Both Players may declare a Monster type: Their Opponent cannot Summon/Set Monsters of that type while this card is Face-up on the Field. Destroy this card during your 5th Standby Phase after activation." That clears up the Grammar.

P 1/5 - The picture is really grainy and hard to tell and doesn't seem to fit the card or at least the name.

Total: 20/35

Reginanos - The Noble Justice - Leonidas
Overall, this guy is okay, he's not really amazing beyond protection from Fire Hand and Shadoll and being an annoyance for Shadolls. But not much else.

B 6/10 - This is balanced since it's not too strong except against Shadolls, Hands, and a little bit for HERO's. But it's not too great since it's weak to all the other spot removal cards.

E 7/10 - this is quite effective in taking out Shadolls until they run over it. HERO's will just use Neos Alius to run it over.

C 5/5 - I honestly have never seen a card like this before.

OCG 4/5 - I can't tell of any really bad OCG Grammar, but I also can't tell if it's proper.

P 3/5 - The picture is nice, but I don't feel like it really fits the card so much.

Total: 25/35

Magemeek22 - Harrowing Arbiter -
First off this is not a Hand Trap half as much as Veiler. Other then that, this is quite questionable on how effective this will or that it's even balanced at all.

B 3/10 - this card first pitches all the Materials on a card then Special's which is a really really odd effect to get for Free. Then if this attacks an Xyz Monster, you get return both this and the attack target to the Hand!?! This is really ridiculous! It's like Honest combined with a Battle Fader version of Effect Veiler. This is near endless recycle especially as the return ability doesn't mention when it's effect activates. Not to mention this gives easier access to Goyo, Vulcan the Devine, Black Rosé and more strong Synchro's.

E 9/10 - this is extremely effective in doing everything from stoping Xyz Monsters to letting your Opponent reuse them to getting your Opponent angry.

C 1/5 - this is in short a combination of every Hand-trap in the game. Honest & Grand Mole's return ability, Effect Veiler's being a Tuner plus it's target to negate ability, and Battle Fader's Special Summon but it has none of these card's negatives.

OCG 2/5 - This card doesn't have that good OCG. First, you don't put "then" after the Reveal, just drop that altogether. Next, you need to define when the effect that bounces this and the target back to the Hand activates. Is it like Grand Mole which is at the Start of the Damage Step, like DD Warrior Lady in Damage Calc or after Damage Calc like HTS?

P 4/5 - To be honest, I really like this picture!

Total: 19/35

Kamishiro Ryouga - Necro Keeper
This is almost the be-all end-all of most of the Extra deck monsters...

B 7/10 - this card is quite good at stopping Midrash and being a Soul Drain while it's in play, but it's not completely unstoppable either. I like that.

E 10/10 - This really hurts Shadolls in a way that the only way that they can beat it is running into it with a Main Deck monster that's big enough to kill it or to Dark Hole etc. A good example of really hurting a deck.

C 2/5 - This feels kinda like a Summoner Monk/Trifortressops with a bonus Soul Drain ability and not that creative to me...

OCG 3/5 - The Soul Drain ability would be worded like this: "Cards in the Graveyard cannot activate their effects (that start a Chain)." Also shorten "Monsters Special Summoned from the Extra Deck" to just "Monsters from the Extra Deck"

P 4/5 - I really like this picture. The only thing I feel it's missing is some Gravekeeper or Ancient Egypt reference.

Total 26/35

Draconian297 - Eerie Silence
Wow, this brings stupid cards to a new level....

B 1/10 - This is worse then Number 16: Shock Master and Cold Wave. First it basically says that you can't activate effects of anything that isn't a Spell card. There is a problem there.... Because that means that only Spell cards can really be used. Traps are now pointless and dead and Monster effects (anywhere) don't do anything. This is just way too strong. And to add insult to it, you can SS a Monster when this Spell dies. Way way OP.

E 10/10 - For being beyond OP, this is very effective at stopping Ghostricks... And every other deck that doesn't run just Normal Monsters and relies on anything besides Spells. Which is bad.

C 3/5 - This is a bit creative since we haven't had a card like this, Number 16 would be the closest. But the SS isn't anything new, it's like the Hand's or any other SS card that activates when it's destroyed.

OCG 1/5 - Okay, so this card should be worded like this:
"No cards or effects can be activated (that start a Chain) except Spell Cards. When this card is Destroyed and sent to the Graveyard: Special Summon "Piper of Sleep and Wakefulness" from your Hand, Deck or Graveyard."

P 0/5 - Obviously no picture to score.

Total: 15/35

Piper of Sleep and Wakefulness - This seems actually UP to make up for the fact that the other card is very OP.

B 6/10 - this isn't that bad balance-wise. In fact it seems a little too balanced. The Setting effect doesn't do much for you. I would have suggested adding that it cannot be Flip Summoned during Opponent's next turn or something to make it better. The only major problem I have is it searches another copy of the OP card, except it doesn't specify where from though....

E 3/10 - This isn't that effective against Ghostricks to be that honest. Sure it stops Go-Round and a few of their Battle tricks, but then it sets them and doesn't stop them from going off or anything. So this isn't that great at dealing with them.

C 3/5 - This is a bit creative, messing up their ability to set your monsters, then it basically has Maestroke's first ability except with a Discard instead of a detach. Then the search isn't too new...

OCG 1/5 - This has horrid OCG Grammar. First, the whole "This card card is in play" is not used anymore period. Next the anti-Set should be worded as "Monsters you control cannot be flipped face-down." Then, you don't Discard from anywhere except your hand, so it should just be: "Discard 1 Card:" the colon is to note the cost. Then you have to Target to flip a Monster face-down. And lastly, WHERE ARE YOU SEARCHING TO GRAB THE SPELL???? Are you going to the Grave? Your Set Spell/Traps? Your Binder? Deck? What! You need to say where your searching to get the card!
Overall it should be worded like this:
"Monsters you control cannot be flipped face-down. Once per turn, You may Discard 1 Card: Target 1 Monster your Opponent controls: Flip that Monster face-down. When this card leaves the Field: Add 1 "Eerie Silence" from your Deck or Graveyard to your Hand."

P 0/5 - again, no pic.

Total: 13/35

Darthakin - Seal of Dragons -
This card is okay at best, but not too hard to beat...

B 7/10 - A negate of a Dragon-type Monster is an okay way for an activation but this isn't a Continuous Trap or at least have a Place ability like Swords of Revealing Light so I don't know how the second effect would work...

E 5/10 - This would deal with a Dragon Ruler when it's trying to activate its effect or Summon itself, but the other effects are completely useless as the card isn't a Continuous Trap. Also "Opponent controls" is exclusively in play and nowhere else so that would actually benefit Dragon Rulers as they can keep the big guys in play.

C 3/5 - This card is creative, except having a Normal Trap that negates a card, that's not really new...

OCG 2/5 - First this should be a Continuous Trap Card. Next the negate would be worded like this: "Activate only when an Opponent's Dragon-type Monster's effect activates: Negate that effect and if you do: Destroy it."
And again, the whole "While this card is Face-up on the Field" is old wording, and no longer used as it is assumed with Continuous Effects.
Also the stopping the Dragon-type should note: that start a Chain. As you cannot keep them from activating non-Chainable effects.

P 3/5 - I like the pic, but it looks kinda grainy...

Total: 20/35

Talisman Dragon -
First off, I hate the cards that Special Summon from the deck (even if it is only about 4 cards) and this seems really weird...

B 5/10 - the Shuffle is nice, but the SS from the deck won't work since the aforementioned card is not a Continuous Trap card. But if it was, this is the exact same as the Trap's effect and seems like its pointless. Also THIS IS A SPIRIT MONSTER!?! Why doesn't it have any of the effects of a Spirit monster? It doesn't jump back and can be SS'd in any way... This really doesn't make sense, just put it as a Normal effect monster.

E 5/10 - This does work well against the Dragon Rulers... But it's really easy to Destroy as well. See your Seal of Dragons for more explanation.

C 2/5 - This card is basically your Trap as a Monster when the Trap is Destroyed. This is really not new at all.

OCG 2/5 - again this has old OCG, here's how it would be worded now:
"When you draw this card: Reveal it and return it to the Deck, then Draw 1 Card. When "Seal of Dragons" is Destroyed: you may Special Summon this card from your Deck. If you do: Dragon-type Monsters cannot be Banished and Opponent cannot activate Dragon-type Monster effects."

P 2/5 - This looks like it should be more of a Zombie-type Monster instead of a Dragon.

Total: 15/35

Syber_sypher - Metal Works
Wow, this has way to many effects and is way to OP especially with the new rules.

B 2/10 - This is WAY OP. First this can't be Destroyed by effects, then it Banishes any new Field Spell played... That was insane with the old rules, but now it just says that all Field Spells are just Banished. The second effect is really fairly weak though. It would be better if it was just generic.

E 2/10 - this really helps Chronomaly's as it just triggers Machu Mech's effect each Standby Phase, Constellars will just bounce this anyway which it doesn't protect from... Ancient Gears will be hurt by it but not even that much usually... To be honest this card will just be used to get rid of Field Spell decks.

C 4/5 - This is creative, it kinda reminds me of Closed Forrest a bit, but it does better then that does.

OCG 1/5 - okay the OCG here is just horrid... First, if something activates to remove a Field Spell before it resolved, the last one would stay. But that doesn't even matter now since the game changed.
How the OCG should be:
"This card cannot be Destroyed by Card Effects. When another Field Spell is played: Banish it. During your Standby Phase: Place 1 "Acid Counter" on a LIGHT, Machine or Rock-type Monster on the Field (Max 1); if you cannot, send this card to the Graveyard. During your Standby Phase: Monsters with "Acid Counters" lose 1000 ATK and DEF."

P 1/5 - this looks like a screenshot from the Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug...

Total: 10/35

Alright! The Final results!

1st place: Kamishiro Ryouga - Necro Keeper with a Total of 26/35

2nd Place: Reginanos - The Noble Justice - Leonidas with a Total of 25/35

3rd Place: Radiant F.U.R.Y. - And Stay Out! with a Total of 21/35!

Congrats to the winners and thanks to all of you for participating! Points will be sent out shortly.

Archived