I have returned [Card Contest]

Aix

Sorry for the massive delay. Prizes will be handed out in a sec.
1. Empoledom
2. Prime-Ace John
3. Fraxure

OmegaWave: too situational and payoff isn't worth it.
Thar: Not worth summoning and too weak. Felgrand is superior 99% of the time and much easier to bring out.
Striker: Mostly pointless, weak and too slow to be practical.
Thunderclap: Cost is difficult to pay, there is no Deck that I can think of that would want this or prefer this to Reckless Greed. (I have considered Dark Worlds. They could possibly try @1 but they have consistency issues so this card is bad)
Aqua: Interesting, but I don't like the way it promotes overextension by letting you protect your at-least-half-full field.
Fraxure: An nice effect plus powerful disruption makes it worthwhile but not overpowered.
ShootingStardust: A costless, nigh-drawbackless Soul Charge is a no. The condition is relatively easy to fulfill and a single card should not be able to win a duel.
Empoledom: Really unique and balanced, also requires certain skill and thought to know when to play as well as forethought on mapping your field. Full marks from me here.
RampageXWolf: an unstoppable nuke/screw the field is a no. The potential amount of plus from this is insane.
[spoiler=Prime-Ace John's card]

rfZMPlR.jpg

UNDYING REAPER

DARK

[Zombie / Xyz / Effect]

2 level 3 monsters

Once per turn, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card and target 1 card on the field: Return that target to the hand then send this card to the Graveyard. When this card is sent to the Graveyard by battle or by its own card effect, you can pay 1000 Life Points: Special Summon it during the End Phase of that turn. When this card is summoned by its own effect, you can banish the top 3 cards of your Deck then target 1 monster card banished by this effect and attach it to this card as Xyz Material. You take no battle damage from battle involving this card. You can only control 1 face-up "Undying Reaper"

ATK/ 0 DEF/ 0

[/spoiler]
primeacejohn: Interesting R3 choice and I like the top of Deck banishing as a minor drawback. The recurring makes your opponent think as well on how to deal with this guy.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived