I have returned [Card Contest]

Aix

Not really, but I felt like creating a card contest.

Card Requirements: I had something else, something better in mind, but let's make a card that somehow relates to a return of some sort. While being relevant to the theme is downright crucial, the other main criteria is that it is relevant to the meta, as in it can actually be used while maintaining balance. Written cards are allowed.

Entry Fee: None. Unless you feel like repping me for no reason. That would be appreciated, but don't expect me to become biased.

Rubric: There is no rubric, I just pick and choose my favorite.

Deadline: Monday, May 12, 2014

Prizes: First place gets 2000, second place gets 1000, third place gets 500. Other people can choke on their own tears.

Nevermind, I found an image.

hYype1Q.jpg

3 Level 8 Dragon-type monsters
If an Xyz Material monster was detached from this card, if it was not a "Blue-Eyes White Dragon"; banish it instead of sending it to the Graveyard. Once per turn, if this card would be destroyed: you can detach an Xyz Material monster from this card; this card is not destroyed.

This seems more subjective than most contests without a rubric. Even so, I'm in.

I review all the cards that enter my contests so you all get to see the reasoning behind my choices.

We can do written cards, right?

Written cards are allowed though.

May I join, please?

And can cards by messaged to you instead?

Sure, please put I have returned [Card Contest] in the title so I can easily find it again, my inbox sometimes gets cluttered.

I'll set the deadline to be next Monday.

Entry:

5MhEtrG.jpg

Shuffle 3 of your banished DARK monsters into the deck; Draw 2 cards. You can only activate 1 "Returning Nightmare" per turn. During either player's turn, except the turn this card was sent to the Graveyard: You can banish this card from the Graveyard; During this turn, negate the effects of cards that activate in the hand.

Kind of fits?

I'd like to join, here's my entry

0bY0lys.jpg

Activate only in your opponent's turn and only if you control a monster. If you control 2 or more face-up monsters, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects in response to this card's activation. Target 1 monster in your Graveyard that was sent there this turn; Special Summon that target, and if you do, monsters you control cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects until the End Phase. You can only activate 1 "Returning Companion" per turn.

Count me in. 

j7TgZhf.jpg

Banish 1 monster from your Graveyard. During your 2nd Standby Phase after this card was activated, Special Summon the monster banished by this card's effect. During your opponent's turn: You can banish this card from your Graveyard, and if you do, banish 1 monster your opponent controls until the End Phase of the turn.

Sounds cool and I'll join, I'm just confused as why Repping is currency for contests (as I've seen some rules have the loser repping x amount of winner's posts, etc)

Uh, there's no entry fee. I just said Rep me if you feel like it and everyone did.

Here`s My Card

c54hYeV.jpg

Activate only if you have "Number C101: Silent Honors Dark Knight" on your side of the field or in your graveyard. Special Summon as many monsters as possible to your side of the field. During the End Phase of the turn you activate this card, return all the monsters Special Summoned to the graveyard.

I picture is Number C101 special summoning itself back from the grave. Its from Yugioh Zexal episode 125

here's my card:

ruu8rEd.jpg

Lore: Destroy all other cards in this card's column. After this effect resolves, add this card to your opponent's hand instead of sending it to the Graveyard. You can only activate 1 "Returning Rockets" per turn.

(The "Returning" part being that they come right back at you, and I couldn't find a good boomerang image)

my card

PxS2kcl.jpg

Activate only during the End Phase. Return all cards on the field that was Summoned, activated or Set during this turn to their previous locations (hand, Graveyard, Deck or Extra Deck). Your opponent cannot activate cards or effects in response to this card's activation. Your opponent takes no damage until your next End Phase.

Archived