Zero to Hero Archetype renewal [FINISHED]

razzy

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[spoiler=Entry]TcPt7IO.jpg I apologize for the godawful art.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=lore]Once while this card is face-up on the field, you can target 1 banished "Symphonic Warrior" monster, except "Symphonic Warrior Guitarr; return that target to the deck. While this card is in your graveyard, you can banish this card: target 1 banished "Symphonic Warrior" monster; return that target to the deck. You can only activate 1 "Symphonic Warrior Guitarr" effect per turn, and once that turn.

The one problem I have really ever experienced with Symphonic Warriors is that it's a little bit annoying to get the banished ones back. Or unreliability, but there are plenty of other cards to help deal with that.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=My Entry]

hlQ9e9t.jpg

Lore: Once per turn, you can add 1 "Batteryman" monster from your deck to your hand. When this effect is activated, change this card to defense position. All "Batteryman" monster you control cannot be targeted for an attack except this card. This card cannot attack when you don't control a "Batteryman" monster.

[/spoiler]

Story: When I am playing Devpro/Ygopro, I think of some deck hunting session. So I go to the Yugioh Wiki so I can get some deck. Then this little deck showed in the bottom of the screen. Batteryman looks interesting, so I clicked it and find it awesome and good for me, since it swarms with strong monsters!!. Here it is : /\/\XxBatterymanxX/\/\

And it's origin is a Electromagnet << Chech this out!!

Hope you like it!!

Story: When I am playing Devpro/Ygopro, I think of some deck hunting session. So I go to the Yugioh Wiki so I can get some deck. Then this little deck showed in the bottom of the screen. Batteryman looks interesting, so I clicked it and find it awesome and good for me, since it swarms with strong monsters!!. Here it is : /\/\XxBatterymanxX/\/\

And it's origin is a Electromagnet << Chech this out!!

Hope you like it!!

It's quite a good card, but did you not notice the fact they are getting a new card that mostly will do the same thing? It's called Batteryman 9V.

[spoiler='9V']http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Batteryman_9V[/spoiler]

I'm the one who asked that question, however I think making a new card help me improve myself more than just sit on the old succeed, so

[spoiler='My Entry']

GFEkwG8.jpg

When this card is Normal Summoned: You can Set 1 "Fire Formation" Spell/Trap Card directly from your Deck. When this card is Special Summoned by the effect of a "Fire Fist" monster: You can target 1 "Fire Fist" monster in your Graveyard with less ATK than this card; Special Summon that target in face-up Defense Position. You can only use this effect of "Brotherhood of the Fire Fist - Hound" once per turn. You cannot Special Summon other monsters the turn you activate this effect, except for Beast-Warrior-Type monsters.

[/spoiler]

@Feartheghost Lol actually I didn't notice that there searching monster too. However, 9v also has the ability to be so stupid and destroy itself but Magnelectro has the ability to become a moron and defend it self even though it's made with weak piece of metal. So I think they share some info about each other LOL.

@Aqua Hina WOAHHHHH Where do you get that pic? That card was awesome, can you tell me some website tips to make this kind of awesome cards?

@Feartheghost Lol actually I didn't notice that there searching monster too. However, 9v also has the ability to be so stupid and destroy itself but Magnelectro has the ability to become a moron and defend it self even though it's made with weak piece of metal. So I think they share some info about each other LOL.

@Aqua Hina WOAHHHHH Where do you get that pic? That card was awesome, can you tell me some website tips to make this kind of awesome cards?

the image is from 1 of these links here, I don't remember what source particularly since I saved them into a single folder long time ago, also "the ability to be so stupid" you mentioned, combining with Supply Unit, is the thing that gave Batteryman enough potential to become a competitive deck

Points sent, here's my card:

Forbidden Seal of the Ice Barrier

GpP765C.jpg

Tribute 1 face-up "Ice Barrier" monster you control to activate this card. Once per turn, during either players' turn, if this face-up card you control would be destroyed by your opponent's card effect, you can discard 1 "Ice Barrier" monster from your hand; negate the activation of that effect. Once per turn, you can reveal 1 "Ice Barrier" monster in your hand, then target an "Ice Barrier" monster in your Graveyard whose level is less than or equal to that of the revealed card: either Special Summon the target to your side of the field or add the target to your hand.

[spoiler='Explanation and Purpose']

Well, okay, this is gonna be quite the wall of text. But Ice Barriers deserve it. They want it.

Purpose and Function

Simply put, this card lets you swarm the field with Ice Barriers and Ice Barriers only. You activate the card, and it stays on your side of the field, letting you activate its effect once per turn. You reveal an "Ice Barrier" card in your hand, and then Special Summon OR add to your hand 1 "Ice Barrier" monster in your Graveyard.

Costs and Limitations

Thing about this card is that, yeah, while it supports Ice Barriers, it limits itself to prevent over exploitation. The first condition is for activation itself - you need to tribute a monster, and it has to be an Ice Barrier monster you tribute. No Ice Barrier card procs any special effects on tribute, so this is a flat-out cost that you need to fulfill. This way, the turn this card is activated, you can't instantly swarm the field. You need to wait. In addition, you need to reveal an Ice Barrier monster in your hand to actually execute the Special Summon - plus, the revived monster needs to have a level that doesn't exceed the level of the revealed monster. Thus, you won't be able to run this in other Water decks and make them absurdly powerful. It's a selective Ice Barrier card that requires you to maximize the potential of this archetype and none other.

Benefits and Applications

Yes, this card is tough to use. But when done correctly, boy does it work WONDERS. On the first turn alone, when you activate this card, if you have an Ice Barrier monster in your hand with a sufficiently high level, you can instantly revive the tribute. This makes way for GREAT synchro plays - the meaning of this archetype. One combo would be to Summon a level 2 tuner (say, for example, Cryomancer). Then tribute him and activate this spell. Reveal a level 4 monster in your hand, Special Summon Cryomancer, Normal Summon the level 4, and instantly Synchro Summon a level 6 Dewloren. Then, use Dewloren's effect to return the Spell to your hand. Tribute Dewloren, activate the Spell again (there are no limitations on the number of times you can activate this spell card, so exploit it to your advantage), and then reveal a monster in your hand to revive Dewloren. In one turn, you get Dewloren out with some bonus ATK. Either way, this fits perfectly into the Ice Barrier synchro engine -  a must for good Ice Barrier support. Further, Ice Barriers rely on using their Graveyard to maximize their summoning potential, and in reviving discarded cards, this spell support card fits the Ice Barrier theme perfectly. Plus, if you're short on cards, you can add cards in your Graveyard - including the Dewloren you used (Dewloren is limited at 1, so this makes him nice and recycle-able again) - to your hand. Finally, the destruction protection is an added benefit. In addition, it lets you stack your Graveyard for future uses of this Spell - making it a protective effect with a dual purpose. Send a monster to the Graveyard that you want to revive next turn, and you maximize the effectiveness of this spell! Since it's only once per turn, it's not exploitable - but it IS useful!

[/spoiler]

the image is from 1 of these links here, I don't remember what source particularly since I saved them into a single folder long time ago, also "the ability to be so stupid" you mentioned, combining with Supply Unit, is the thing that gave Batteryman enough potential to become a competitive deck

Actually it's a joke to get things balanced lol. Well thank u for the links :D.

I know someone else already did Crystal Beasts, but I didn't see anything about having the same archetype as someone else, so here's Dynamic Diamond.

[SPOILER=Dynamic Diamond]
WfDRHtd.jpg

[/SPOILER]

[SPOILER=Lore]

Discard 1 card to activate this card. While this card is face-up on your side of the field or in your Graveyard: This card is treated as a "Crystal Beast" card. Increase the ATK and DEF of all "Crystal Beast" monsters you control by 700. As long as this card is face-up on the field: Any "Crystal Beast" card that would be banished is sent to your Deck instead. During your Draw Phase, instead of conducting your normal draw: You can add 1 "Crystal" Spell or Trap card from your Deck to your hand. When this card leaves the field: Add 1 "Crystal Beast" from your Deck to your Spell and Trap Card Zone. You can only control 1 "Dynamic Diamond". 

[/SPOILER]

My entry; I know Fire Kings aren't technically that weak, but there's only 5 of them, only 4 are really usable, and I don't see konami making any more. This is just supposed to give them another option of playstyle. in this case xyz summons, and also summon itself back from the grave to make its summon worthwhile.

Zp9RSG1.jpg

[spoiler='lore']If a face-up "Fire King" monster you control is destroyed by a card effect (except during the Damage Step): You can Special Summon this card from your hand. Once per turn: You can target 1 other "Fire King" monster you control; this card's level becomes equal to the targeted card's. If this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, you can destroy 1 card in your hand : Spcial Summon this card from your Graveyard.[/spoiler]

GRADING IS FINISHED! If you have any questions/comments or want to debate your score now is the time because winners be be announced tomorrow!!

Gadjiltron - Iron Chain Torture
Balance: 52/60
OCG/Spelling: 39/40
Creativity: 38/40
Theme: 33/40
Picture: 20/20
Total: 182/200
Comments: Balanced, Robbin' goblin effect is good, but the milling isn't fast enough to matter. Interesting card but didn't feel inspired for the archetype - the effects are like the other Iron Chain cards but don't seem to add much else to the deck.
Notes: I think this card would've been just about perfect if it didn't sent a card from your opponents hand to grave. That is just a HUGE plus imo. That's also why a few points where taken from the Theme because it would break the archtype too much.

Therrion - Vylon Tau
Balance: 56/60
OCG/Spelling: 34/40
Creativity: 36/40
Theme: 37/40
Picture: 20
181/200
Comments: Nice vylon support. Summons Sigma and Delta too. Minor nitpicking: The first sentence shouldn't be separated by a Colon, and only the Synchro Vylon monsters have Greek Letters in their names. Image looks very vylon-ish.
Notes: Minor OCG isusses. Being able to target itself is meh. Also its banishing effect is huge imo. Being able to protect against anything. But maybe it's what Vylon's need.

Aez - Fortune Lady's Crystal Ball
Balance: 40/60
OCG/Spelling: 33/40
Creativity: 36/40
Theme: 33/40
Picture: 18/20
158/200
Comments: This card (probably accidentaly) lets you draw an extra card every turn, and that's just for non-fortune lady decks. The effects are not really related to Fortune Ladies, they don't really open themselves up to getting destroyed by battle. The Image is cool but seems too vector-ish. Some misplaced colons.
Notes: I felt the balance was a little off. Getting a free card after just one Standby Phase, along with getting to destroy any card without targeting after just two. OCG was a off a bit. Forgetting to capitlize after colons and such. Also not sure on the last effect if you meant for it to start a chain like that? Creativity was pretty nice and followed the theme well.

Feartheghost - Queen of the Charmer Line
Balance: 38/40
Creativity: 35/40
Theme: 32/40
158/200
Comments: Charmer support is brave indeed. Unfortunately this is impossible to summon, you need 12 monsters including all 6 attributes of charmers which will really hurt your deck. The two parts that talk about "destroyed by battle" contradict each other. Effect is kinda bland considering the impossible summoning conditions. Missing the new OCG rules. Image is good.
Notes: The balance is well rounded. Although personally I feel itself shouldn't be included in the whole "cannot be destroyed by battle/card effects" part. It is unique however, I don't feel it fits what this theme was going for since its somewhat difficult to get out.

TFMegamanlan - Hidden Crystal Beast Garnet Lion
Balance: 60/60
OCG/Spelling: 26/40
Creativity: 40/40
Theme: 35/40
Picture: 8/20
169/200
Comments: Interesting support. The "Hidden" in its name lets us know it'll have a slightly different effect, and it's better than the standard Crystal Beast ones. But there are random capitalizations and colons, and the image is... yeah.
Notes: Balance is great imo. Where the trouble start is in the OCG. I suguest you look up or get help (I could help) for furture cards. I could maybe see this being used in Crystal Beast but I myself have never played them so, its hard for me to say. As for the picture something without watermakers and a more colorful background would have done better.

TEM 23 - Harpie Empress
Balance: 57/60
Theme: 37/40
185/200
Comments: This isn't the support to bump harpies to Tier 1, but it is interesting. Most practically summonable by Harpie Channeler, which can get very plussy, but is balanced out by being kind of a dead draw. The effects fall in line with other harpies but don't add much else.  Image is very fitting. A few random capitalizations.
Notes: Great card. My only issue really was it can be kind of easy to summon and letting you add either a Spell or Trap, although I'm not sure if there's even any Harpie Traps people use. OCG was a tad off using caps when not needed mostly.

banddude - Symphonic Warrior Guitarr
Balance: 50/60
OCG/Spelling: 30/40
Creativity: 33/40
Theme: 30/40
Picture: 12/20
155/200
Comments: Symphonic Warrior support is hard to make, mainly because they just don't really do anything spectacular together. This card doesn't generate plusses or anything, just recycles. It's hard to take advantage of its effect. OCG mixes old and new, and some colons are wrong. Sorry you couldn't find a better image.
Notes: Nothing appears to be wrong with it balance wise (unless I'm missing something huge! lol). OCG needs some work you have commons in places were it should clearly be a colon. I don't really feel as if it helps the "Symphonics" that much other than being a Tuner though.

sharpretina24 - Batteryman Magnelectro
Balance: 53/60
OCG/Spelling: 31/40
Creativity: 37/40
Theme: 38/40
179/200
Comments: Batteryman 9V already does the job. The ability to add every turn seems abusable, or at least unnecessary. The second effect is like Batteryman D. Missing new OCG rules. Image is very good. 
Notes: Getting to add something from Deck to your hand every turn is a tad overpowered however since this thing is so weak you'd need to protect it a lot in order to get it's effect more than once. Other than that and some OCG errors nice card!

Aqua Hina - Brotherhood of the Firefist Hound
187/200
Comments: A little too toolboxy. It's solid support but I don't think they need an even FASTER way of getting Tenkis. The special summon effect also contributes to this with Leopard. The image and OCG are flawless.
Notes: Overall great card! Only really complaint is I think it should've negated the effects of the Special Summoned monster. But that's a small problem seeing as this effect itself can be kind of hard to pull off.

magemeek22 - Forbidden Seal of the Ice Barrier
Creativity: 39/40
Theme: 40/40
Picture: 19/20
189/200
Comments: This is solid support, and it goes with Ice Barriers being a slower archetype. The problem is recycling Priors and having multiples of this out, which can be a crazy swarm engine if not stopped in time. Some colons are wrong. Image needs more ice.
Notes: Never really played Ice Barriers myself so this one was a little hard to judge (sorry). Having said that I'm not sure how usefull recycling their monsters are, although  Special Summoning is always nice.

Le Reptile - Dynamic Diamond
Balance: 55/60
OCG/Spelling: 35/40
Creativity: 40/40
Theme: 40/40
Picture: 19/20
189/200
Comments: Many effects to look at. Most of them are fine except the last two - a little too toolboxy. The banish effect is a little random and still doesn't make me want to run Rainbow Dragon, but other effects are in line with the archetype. Image is impressive but low quality. 
Notes: Somewhat of a Crystal Beast fan myself. It is a great support card for them, but where you lost most of your points was the OCG. Example on the 2nd to last sentence you have "Crystal Beast" but don't specific monster card. 

Empoledom - Fire King Avatar Naga
Balance: 60/60
OCG/Spelling: 35/40
Creativity: 33/40
186/200
Comments: This is nice support, but it's basically an improved Yaksha, nothing extraordinarily new. But it's very appropriate for the archetype. The image and OCG is good.
Notes: Good Fire King support. I just feel like it's nothing we never really seen before. The only think that really sets it apart is the Level manipulation. Also I think the OCG was a little off in some places. 

I guess I'll go for a last minute question in the hopes of placing: how did I lose the 5 marks in OCG/Spelling? This is only because I basically copied all I could from other Fire King effect wording, so it should be pretty close to official (though I accept the level change effect wording may not be perfect)

I guess I'll go for a last minute question in the hopes of placing: how did I lose the 5 marks in OCG/Spelling? This is only because I basically copied all I could from other Fire King effect wording, so it should be pretty close to official (though I accept the level change effect wording may not be perfect)

Once per turn: You can target 1 other "Fire King" monster you control; this card's level becomes equal to the targeted card's. If this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, you can destroy 1 card in your hand : Spcial Summon this card from your Graveyard.

Once per turn: You can target 1 other "Fire King" monster you control; this card's level becomes equal to that target's. If this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard: You can destroy 1 card in your hand; Special Summon this card from your Graveyard.

minor spelling errors and a misplaced colon.

The results are in guys/gals!!

Next to your name is how many points you'll be awarded :)

5th - TEM 23 15pts

4th - Empoledom 15pts

3rd - Gadjiltron 45pts 

2nd - Aqua Hina 91pts

1st - TIE Le Retptile and MageMeek22 137pts

Archived