Character Deck Tournament (Normal Tier) "Number 3" [STARTED]

Tournament Info
-Accepting 8-12 members until midnight May 27th, where the tournament will begin.
-TCG Advanced Format, TCG and OCG cards allowed, double elimination style tournament. Held on DN.
-To enter, please post the following: "yourusername/DN username/chosen character/Your time zone"
-There is a maximum of 2 people for each character.
-You will have to send me a screenshot of your deck and a list of your character's cards in said deck by the end of May 28th or you get a game loss.
-You can edit your deck as many times as you want before the tournament as long as you re-submit a screenshot. No editing the deck during.
-If you have any questions, just ask. I am always free to help you test your decks or give criticism.
-DO NOT enter this tournament if you do not think you will have time to play/plan to leave mid-tournament. It sometimes takes a month to complete.
-All users will be held responsible for setting up duels with their opponents. PM each other. If after a week and a day there is no progress, I will choose a winner.

Current Entrants
Zai-guard/Zaifire/Kaiba/GMT -5
DeathSDelano/DeathSDelano/Jaden/GMT -6
BailasGale/BailasGale/Dumon/GMT +8

Aqua/-Sakaki Yuya-/Quattro/GMT+7

Harpie's Feather Duston/kanokarob/Quattro/EST

D.A./SightlessReality/Carly/EST

Wildflame/Wildflame/Girag/GMT -3

DysonSlinky/Rage of the Slinky/Trudge/GMT -5

character3.png

The Rules:
- Only two people can play as each character, one being the "alter ego".
- At least 15 of your cards must be cards your character has played, including copies, in their Main Deck from the official anime, manga, or movies. Some characters may require more.
- Mystical Space Typhoon and Dark Hole are excluded from counting as "character cards".
- Stick to your character's cards as the focus for the deck as much as possible. It is okay to have secondary engines, but the non-character cards in your deck should not operate exclusively without your Character cards. (Ex. You should not be running a Mermail deck with some of Shark's cards, or using a Laval deck with some of Jack's cards in it.)
- Allowed a Side Deck consisting of no more than 11 cards your Character doesn't use, in addition to any number of cards they do use, and you can never side out to have less Character cards in your deck than the minimum for your character.
- The Extra Deck may include only FOUR cards not in the character's Extra Deck unless otherwise stated, including copies. Of these 4, only 2 may be the same card. (IE, you can have 2 Maestroke, 1 Utopia, and 1 Gagaga Cowboy, but not 2 Maestroke and 2 Utopia or 3 Maestroke and 1 Utopia).
--- In addition to this rule, players will now be allowed to take one "freebie" card to add a single copy of to their Extra Deck from the list below that does not count for the Extra Deck limitations. Additional copies will count as non-character cards.
- You must use AT LEAST 2 Spells and 2 Traps your character used. IE, you cannot use 21 of their monsters and call it good. Certain characters do not apply.
- Both players may control a Field Spell Card at a time. (When the other player activates theirs, yours is not destroyed)

[spoiler="Freebie Extra Deck Cards"]

Number 63: Shamoji Soldier
Number 83: Galaxy Queen
Number 87: Queen of the Night
Number 34: Terror-Byte
Number 7: Lucky Straight
Number 56: Gold Rat
Baby Triagon
Mira the Star-Bearer
Shark Caesar

Any level 3 Fusion

Ally of Justice Field Marshal
Dragunity Knight - Trident
Driven Daredevil
Explosive Magician
Jurrac Giganoto
Laval the Greater
Lightning Unicorn
Naturia Leodrake
Seven Swords Warrior
Thunder Unicorn
Voltic Bicorn
X-Saber Wayne
[/spoiler]

In addition to normal TCG rules, the following cards are banned from use:
Black Luster Soldier – Envoy of the Beginning
Chain Material
"Dragon Ruler" cards
Elemental HERO The Shining
Evilswarm Exciton Knight
Exodia the Forbidden One
Honest
Lightpulsar Dragon
Machina Fortress
Number 11: Big Eye
Number 101: Silent Honors ARK
Number 62: Galaxy Eyes Prime Photon Dragon
Number 86: Heroic Champion - Rhongomiant
Shooting Quasar Dragon
Soul Charge (Unless a character card)
Theosophy of the Artifacts

The following cards are limited:
Elemental HERO Absolute Zero
Evolzar Laggia
Chaos Sorcerer (Unless a character card)
Divine Dragon Knight Felgrand
Gear Gigant X
Gozen Match
Rivalry of Warlords
Infernity Mirage
Kaiser Colosseum
Lonefire Blossom
Power Bond
Royal Decree (Unless a character card)

The following characters are playable in Normal Tier. They are linked with the cards you can use for them

Yugi Muto
Seto Kaiba (Need 18 Character cards)
Mai Valentine (May use one of each Harpie Lady #1/2/3 as Character cards. Only 3 Extra Deck cards not theirs)
Chazz Princeton (18 Character cards)
Syrus Truesdale (21 Character cards. Must use at least 5 roids total)
Atticus Rhodes (Can use Metalmorph as a character card)
Jack Atlas (21 Character cards. Only 3 Extra Deck cards not theirs)
Velian Crowler (Only need 1 trap)
Sayer (Psychic Lifetrancer is a Character card)
Carly Carmine (Only need 1 trap)
Rua (21 Character cards. Only 3 Extra Deck cards not theirs)
Jesse Anderson (Need 18 Character cards. Crystal Raigeki counts as a character card)
Tyranno Hassleberry
Aporia (Just Aporia's deck. Need 21 Character cards)
Dextra (Only 3 Extra Deck cards not theirs)
Aster Phoenix (Need 21 Character cards)
Adrian Gecko
Quattro (21 Character cards. Only 3 Extra Deck cards not theirs)
Jaden Yuki (21 Character cards, Only 3 Extra Deck cards not theirs)
Kaze
Dragan
Reginald Van Howell
Misty Tredwell (Do not need traps)
Vector (Includes Dr. Faker's cards)
Professor Viper
Greiger (May use 5 Extra Deck cards not theirs until DSF unbanned)

Mizar (Sargasso the D.D. Battlefield is a character card)

Sherry LeBlanc (Only need 1 spell)

Rex Goodwin (Do not need spells. Supay is a character card)

Jinlong

Dumon (Star Seraph Scepter/Sargasso the D.D. Battlefield are character cards. Do not need traps)

Professor Viper

Bastion Misawa

Mr. Armstrong (Chain Disappearance/Chain Destruction are character cards)

Tetsu Trudge (Do not need Spells. Gaia Knight the Force of Earth is a character card)

Maximillion Pegasus (Only need 1 trap)

Tetsuo (Do not need traps)

Koyo Hibiki

Anna Kozuki (Need 18 character cards. Do not need traps)

Quinton (Do not need Trap Cards/Marshalling Field is a character card)

Axel Brodie (Volcanic Recharge is a character card)

Girag (Includes Raccoon deck. Do not need traps)

Rio Kastle

Rafael (May use Soul Charge. Do not need traps)

--Weaker characters below--

Joey Wheeler

Bakura
Marik
Alexis Rhodes

Ishizu (Only need 1 trap)
Ruka (Does not include Rua's deck, Ancient Pixie Dragon is a character card)

Abidos
Belowski
Chumley (Only need 1 trap)
Kagemaru
Chancellor Sheppard
Trueman (Dark Archetype deck only)
Leichter
Sartorius

Noah Kaiba (Only need 1 trap)

Mr. Kay
Roman Goodwin (may use 1 Insect-type tuner as a character card)
Andre (Do not need spells)

Makoto
Devack
Titan (Savage Colosseum is a character card)
Rafael (Do not need traps)

Jean (Do not need spells)

Professor Banner

Tania

Admiral (Do not need traps)

Slade Princeton

T-Bone

Tsutomu

Rebecca Hawkins

Gurimo

Rick (Do no need traps, cannot use Exodia)

Duel Bot

Lazar

Fuya (Do not need traps)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll give Dumon a shot. Have to stay true to fairy usage...though honestly shouldn't the regular Barian force be a character card for all of the Barian's.

It's a good idea to do it now, because I might end up removing that he gets Scepter as a character card. Don't know about the Barian's Force thing, though.

Also, please post your info every time. It's a pain to have to go through all of the tournaments to copy-paste.

It's a good idea to do it now, because I might end up removing that he gets Scepter as a character card. Don't know about the Barian's Force thing, though.

Also, please post your info every time. It's a pain to have to go through all of the tournaments to copy-paste.

Dumon it is then

UN: BailasGale
DN: BailasGale
Character: Dumon

TZ: GMT +8

I'll give Dumon a shot. Have to stay true to fairy usage...though honestly shouldn't the regular Barian force be a character card for all of the Barian's.

Change that I'll go as Quattro

Lets try someone new

Username: Harpie's Feather Duston

DN: kanokarob

Character: Quattro

Timezone: EST

for both you and TC, I don't sure you guys have seen BG's edit or not, but Kano, you can't use IV due to 2 members already used him.

for both you and TC, I don't sure you guys have seen BG's edit or not, but Kano, you can't use IV due to 2 members already used him.

Thats kind of a bother :/ Given the OP wasn't updated for that...

If I really can't be Quattro, then Anna Kabook/Kazuki would be my next in line.

I didn't see the edit, myself, which is why it still says Quattro. For something like a character change, it's best to announce it as its own thing, considering I don't re-read posts, and it's something everyone should know.

Though when he submitted the form it still said Dumon, so I guess we'll see what he decides.

EDIT: Don't remember why I have Kaiba requiring 21 cards besides the Blue Eyes support and Viruses, but I may change it to 18 cards instead. If anyone sees any restrictions or anything that they don't agree with, please post them for review in the main thread, which is linked in my sig.

EDIT: Don't remember why I have Kaiba requiring 21 cards besides the Blue Eyes support and Viruses, but I may change it to 18 cards instead. If anyone sees any restrictions or anything that they don't agree with, please post them for review in the main thread, which is linked in my sig.

21 does seem like a bit much, but im willing to run with that number if you'd rather me stick with it for this tourney.

Archived