THIS FORUM (YCM) DOES NOT ALLOW LINKS, LOL.

Draco Straybyrn

And got my signature removed.

I wasn't outrightly advertising, simply linking. Now, if I'm not allowed to link to my forum without telling anyone to join, then that's saying that no one is allowed to link to anything outside of the forum.

It wasn't cross-advertising because it didn't say "JOIN THIS" or "COME HERE" or anything like that, just subtle links. It wasn't a real-life product.

I read the rules, and followed them correctly.

Discuss.

{For the record, old signature is as follows:

[Links removed]

pl0x to be emailing mattisonenloe(at)summaxr(dot)com for registration issues or other concerns.

End sig}

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Click the epic link, clear your cache.

Unsolicited promotion of other web sites' date=' or products, is spam, and will be removed on sight without warning. Please keep our forums free of unsolicited advertisement or product promotion. Posting referral/recruitment/trick links is strictly prohibited. Do not create threads on a topic that is already being discussed. Make sure to read all forum and sub-forum descriptions and their rules before posting new threads to ensure that you follow the rules and post in the correct place.

Sig Advertising - Do not post telling people to look at anyone's sig. "Viral" Signatures (i.e. Signatures which ask or tell others to include them in their signature) are forbidden. Sigs that are found to be annoying/distracting, contain links to external websites, or are overly long or wide may be removed without warning, and continuing to return to the same signature after it has been removed is a bannable offense. Referral/recruitment/trick links are also prohibited (See Rule 5).

[/quote']

That doesn't say I can't link to websites, and I'm not soliciting it or promoting it. Just linking.

Click the epic link' date=' clear your cache.

Unsolicited promotion of other web sites, or products, is spam, and will be removed on sight without warning. Please keep our forums free of unsolicited advertisement or product promotion. Posting referral/recruitment/trick links is strictly prohibited. Do not create threads on a topic that is already being discussed. Make sure to read all forum and sub-forum descriptions and their rules before posting new threads to ensure that you follow the rules and post in the correct place.

Sig Advertising - Do not post telling people to look at anyone's sig. "Viral" Signatures (i.e. Signatures which ask or tell others to include them in their signature) are forbidden. Sigs that are found to be annoying/distracting, contain links to external websites, or are overly long or wide may be removed without warning, and continuing to return to the same signature after it has been removed is a bannable offense. Referral/recruitment/trick links are also prohibited (See Rule 5).

That doesn't say I can't link to websites, and I'm not soliciting it or promoting it. Just linking.

Why link it if your not promoting it?

P\

Because I felt like linking to it. There's a difference between promoting and linking.

Promoting is outrightly telling someone to do something or saying that something is good.

I'm not doing that' date=' I'm just linking. See?

[/quote']

Promoting means you are trying to get people active in it or trying to get people to join which you are trying to do.

Otherwise you would have no need to have those links in your signature.

Nonsensical ruling is nonsensical. Darkthorne's sig gets removed, but the Bakugan topics remain?

Logically, something should only be against the rules if it is harmful to the site. Links in signatures are not harmful to the site, whereas spam topics are.

Click the epic link' date=' clear your cache.

Unsolicited promotion of other web sites, or products, is spam, and will be removed on sight without warning. Please keep our forums free of unsolicited advertisement or product promotion. Posting referral/recruitment/trick links is strictly prohibited. Do not create threads on a topic that is already being discussed. Make sure to read all forum and sub-forum descriptions and their rules before posting new threads to ensure that you follow the rules and post in the correct place.

Read Rule 20.

Rule 20

Staff have final say.

If a mod bans a member it is for a reason and of course members can protest but please keep the protesting to yourself because we do not want this kind of thing going on here. The moderator's of this forum do not have an easy job and it would be best that if you have a problem you bring it up with them in a calm manner. Flaming the moderator's for the decisions that make will most likely get you into trouble.

That talks about bans.

The point is that why aren't ALL links banned if I can't link to my site?

Your site is not allowed becuase it is not known and you are trying to get your site known.

However' date=' Google and other legit sites are known and would not harm the respect to this site.[/color']

(I didn't double post, you deleted your post. So be quiet.)

He never said that.

AND YOU ARE MISSING THE POINT.

If I can't link to my site, no one else can link to anywhere else. Otherwise, it's unfair. Completely. My site is legit, what's wrong with it?

Staff may have final say, but not when a rule has not been broken.

(I didn't double post' date=' you deleted your post. So be quiet.)

He never said that.

AND YOU ARE MISSING THE POINT.

If I can't link to my site, no one else can link to anywhere else. Otherwise, it's unfair. Completely. My site is legit, what's wrong with it?

Staff may have final say, but not when a rule has not been broken.

[/quote']

Dude you are missing the point, Go to a different site or pay a site to advertise your site.

The point is you are not allowed to post your un-legit/Unknown site on this site.

You my friend need to read the rules. As far as I'm aware not that I have actually read them but you can't advertise, and linking to places on your forum is pretty much advertisement. So yes actually a rule has been BROKEN Darkthorne. On top of that you've been reported for advertising and opposing the staff, I'm gonna have to let Tkill or another Super Moderator deal with this.

Also there is a difference between linking to a video on Youtube or an image on Photobucket and linking to your FORUM on a FORUM that does not allow such linkings, why is that so hard to understand?

Archived