Ritual Contest [Finished]

wightpower

Alright guys, time for another quick, simple contest. I had some crazy ideas at first, but for now I'm just settling on a contest of one of my favorite, underused (except for Gishkis) card types; Ritual Monsters. Always liked Ritual Monsters, and I still wish there were more of them. So, all you have to do for this contest is make a Ritual Monster and a Ritual Spell Card that works with it.

Oh, but there's a catch! We're going to be pushing some envelopes and challenging the established rules a bit with your cards. Your Spell Card must summon your Ritual Monster by means other than simply tributing monsters based on their star level. Something unique, something strange and unorthodox. Come up with some new ideas for how to summon a Ritual Monster in a way that hasn't been done before. Make it work with more modern cards and newer rules. Really add something new to the game.

Here are the guidelines:

• Contest starts now and ends on Wednesday, June 25th.

• You must have a Ritual Monster and a Ritual Spell Card that summons it posted by the deadline.

• You are allowed to make up to two additional cards, of any card type, that deliberately support your Ritual Monster and Spell. Use them to help you make a unique monster and summoning condition. But remember, you're not making an archetype here; your Ritual Monster and Spell are the important part.

• You are allowed to make Ritual Trap Cards.

• You are allowed to mention any existing cards from the real game in your effects. Feel free to play off of existing cards as much as you want.

• Cards must be realistic. No joke cards or pop-culture cards.

Entry fee is 10 points. Donations are welcome.

• The Prizes are the same as usual with me: 1st prize is 50% of the pot, 2nd is 30%, 3rd is 14%, and 4th is 6%.

• I'm the only judge, unless I somehow get enough contestants to warrant asking for more.

• No shenanigans, tomfoolery, or lollygagging, or you will face immediate disqualification.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Current Pot: 600 points

Entrants:

• Overfrost!

• Syber_sypher

• Degritone

• Gadjiltron

• Magemeek22

• Qliphoth Tool(formerly Dyson Sphere)

Empoledom (KIA, we will mourn his loss)

• Kamishiro Ryoga

• josolche

• UndendingEmpire

• Feartheghost

• Philemon

Free entry, so I might as well.

And sadface that we can't make Pendulums. That was what first came to mind when you said the Ritual Spell had to be odd. Still using Pendulums as part of my Spell, but still sadface that I can't make the supports I was going to make.

here you go.

xwQErF4.jpg

lore: This card can only be Ritual Summoned with the Ritual Spell Card, "Altar of Mystics". Depending on whether or not this card was Pendulum Summoned, this card it gains one of the following effects:

*Pendulum Summoned- This card may attack twice a turn; and is unaffected by and cannot be targeted by the effects of WATER or Aqua Effect Monsters. 
*Otherwise- This card gains 100 ATK/DEF points for each spell card of a single type (Continuous, Quick- Play, Field, Ritual, Equip, or Normal) in your graveyard.

ritual spell 
H8JqJCx.jpg
lore: This card is used to Ritual Summon "Searing Sage". You may also pay 1000 life points and banish 3 spells from your side of the field. You may also choose to Ritual Summon "Searing Sage" by using Pendulum Summon and then sending the Pendulum Monsters used to Pendulum Summon "Searing Sage" to the bottom of your deck (you must then shuffle your deck). 

[spoiler=Yay, cats!]obKged0.jpg

[spoiler=Lore]PE: When this card is activated: Add 1 "Rise of the Cat Queen" from your Deck to your hand. You can reveal 1 Pendulum Monster in your hand; return this card to your hand. You cannot activate "Cat Queen" as a Spell Card after you activate this effect. You can destroy this card; add 1 level 4 Pendulum Card from your Deck to your hand. You can only activate this effect of "Cat Queen" once per Duel.

ME: You can Ritual Summon this card with "Rise of the Cat Queen". Once, if this card would be removed from the field: You can destroy 1 Pendulum Card you control instead, then increase this card's ATK by the ATK of the destroyed card. When this card declares an attack: You can discard 1 card; your opponent cannot activate cards or effects until the end of the Damage Step, also they cannot activate cards in response to this effect's activation.[/spoiler]

cu50nYl.jpg

[spoiler=Lore]This card is used to Ritual Summon "Cat Queen". You must also control 2 Pendulum Cards in your Pendulum Zones whose Pendulum Scales are not 4 OR send  1 Pendulum Card you control whose Pendulum Scale is 9 to the Graveyard. While this card is in the Graveyard, when you activate a Pendulum Card: You can banish this card; draw 1 card, then increase the ATK of "Cat Queen" you control by 500. If this card is banished by your opponent's card effect: Return it to the Graveyard.[/spoiler]

Gp0aXhU.jpg

[spoiler=Lore]PE: Once per turn, when a Pundulum Monster you control attacks or is attacked: You can target it; decrease the target's ATK and DEF to 0 until the End Phase, then negate the attack, and if you do, the target cannot be removed from the field this turn. When you take battle damage from a battle involving a Pendulum Monster: You can Special Summon 1 Pendulum Monster from your Graveyard.

ME: When this card is targeted for an attack: You can reduce its ATK to 0, then switch it to defense position, and if you do, increase its DEF by half the ATK of the attacking monster. This card cannot be in attack position if its ATK is 0.[/spoiler]

CNELnN1.jpg

[spoiler=Lore]PE: When a Pendulum Monster declares an attack: It gains 500 ATK until the end of the Damage Step. If this card is sent to the Graveyard from a Pendulum Zone: Add it to your hand.

ME: Once, when this card would be destroyed: Destroy 1 card your opponent controls, instead. When this card declares an ATK: You can discard 2 cards; change the attack to a direct attack, also reduce this card's ATK to 1000 until the End Phase.[/spoiler][/spoiler]

That was a thing. Since you said I could make up to two other cards, I went ahead and did so. Plus, Pendulum Ritual because Pendulum Ritual.

@Gajiltron: Welcome, and thanks for the donation!

@Everyone: Thank Gadjiltron.

@magemeek: Yes, definitely. You can either make it a Ritual Spell that has an effect that lets it act like a Continuous, or just make a Continuous that happens to summon a Ritual. Anything goes.

@Sypher: That's kind of a cool schtick, and I like how you're working it into the new rules. I don't know how to properly time using the Ritual Spell to trigger the Pendulum Summon, but I guess that's why we're here pushing the envelope.

@Degritone: I still need to look into Pendulums and how they operate, but these are pretty cool. "Cat Queen" seems really versatile, and I hope, if I've got these Pendulum Summonings right, that Konami actually makes Ritual/Pendulums like this. It'd be cool to see, and I think the Spell aspect of the new card type could work wonders for Ritual Summoning.

@Degritone: Alright, I'm sufficiently educated about Pendulums now. These are all really cool, and they add up to make Cat Queen a powerhouse on the field. Really great job. Make sure you submit these to the Multiple Cards section at some point. You have brought great honor to your family.

i'll join, point will be sent shortly

entry:

[spoiler='Ritual Monster']CYi2P9o.jpg

Lore:

If this card is Ritual Summoned by effect of "Deciphering Spell" this card gains these effects:

During either player's turn, As Chain Link 3 or higher:You can Negate the activation and effects of all other cards in the same chain, then you can Special Summon 1 monster from your Graveyard whose level is equal or lower than number of Chain Link Number of this effect. Cards and effect cannot be activated in response to this effect's activation. You can only activate effect of "Saint Decipher Magician" once per turn.[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Ritual Spell']oyNQ0DW.jpg

Lore

Activate only as Chain Link 4 or higher if all cards in the same Chain is on either's hand,field or Graveyard: Banish 4 cards involved in the same Chain. Ritual Summon "Saint Decipher Magician" from your hand or Deck.Cards effect cannot be activated in response to this card's activation.[/spoiler]

just saw some unrealistic Card type like Pendulum Ritual/Effect here and kinda annoyed about that (no offense to its owner though, I understand Pendulum Mechanic is quite new and not so many ppl are completely understand it), so I decided to join this and make something that Pendulum Ritual should be.

[spoiler='Spell']

0CYnUDB.jpg

Lore:

Can be used to Ritual Summon any "Qliphoth" Ritual Monster. You must also Tribute monsters you control or from your hand whose total Levels equal to the Level of the monster you Ritual Summon. If the only monsters you control and in your Graveyard are EARTH Machine-Type monsters, you can also Tribute "Qliphoth" monsters from your Main Deck. Pendulum Monsters that were Tributed from the hand or Deck by this card's effect are face-up in the Extra Deck instead of being sent to the Graveyard. You can only activate 1 "Qliphoth Processing Unit" per turn.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Monster']

aY2LaE0.jpg

Lore:

Can be Ritual Summoned with "Qliphoth Processing Unit". If this card is Pendulum Summoned, its Level becomes 4 and its Original ATK becomes 1900. When this card is Special Summoned: You can add 1 "Qliphoth" card from your Graveyard or Extra Deck to your hand. During either player's turn: You can Tribute 1 other "Qliphoth" monster to target 1 face-up card on the field; this turn, its effects are negated. If this card on the field would be sent to the Graveyard, place it face-up in your Extra Deck as a Pendulum Monster, instead. You can only use each effect of "Qliphoth Frame" once per turn.

[/spoiler]

If you have no idea what is this archetype, click.

just saw some unrealistic Card type like Pendulum Ritual/Effect here and kinda annoyed about that (no offense to its owner though, I understand Pendulum Mechanic is quite new and not so many ppl are completely understand it), so I decided to join this and make something that Pendulum Ritual should be.

[spoiler=Spell]
0CYnUDB.jpg
Lore:
Can be used to Ritual Summon any "Qliphoth" Ritual Monster. You must also Tribute monsters you control or from your hand whose total Levels equal to the Level of the monster you Ritual Summon. If the only monsters you control and in your Graveyard are EARTH Machine-Type monsters, you can also Tribute "Qliphoth" monsters from your Main Deck. Pendulum Monsters that were Tributed from the hand or Deck by this card's effect are face-up in the Extra Deck instead of being sent to the Graveyard. You can only activate 1 "Qliphoth Processing Unit" per turn.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Monster]
6M1Y7om.jpg
Lore:
Can be Ritual Summoned with "Qliphoth Processing Unit". If this card is Pendulum Summoned, its Level becomes 4 and its Original ATK becomes 1900. When this card is Special Summoned: You can add 1 "Qliphoth" card from your Graveyard or Extra Deck to your hand. During either player's turn: You can Tribute 1 other "Qliphoth" monster to target 1 face-up card on the field; its effects are negated until the End Phase. If this face-up card on the field would be sent to the Graveyard, you can place it face-up in your Extra Deck, instead. You can only use each effect of "Qliphoth Frame" once per turn.
[/spoiler]

If you have no idea what is this archetype, click.

Qliphoth . . . X_X

Anyway, the ritual monster can't be pendulum summoned from the extra deck, as pendulum summon can only special summon pendulum monsters from the extra deck.

Also, why not 4 cards. :(
Kinda ruin that feeling of glory.

Qliphoth . . . X_X

Anyway, the ritual monster can't be pendulum summoned from the extra deck, as pendulum summon can only special summon pendulum monsters from the extra deck.

Also, why not 4 cards. :(
Kinda ruin that feeling of glory.

hmm, just quickly read through Pendulum rules again, and it's turn out to be my bad. Fixed that with "place it face-up in your Extra Deck as a Pendulum Monster, instead."

@Empoledom: Yeah, sorry, that coupon expired. Welcome to the contest, in any case.

@Kamishiro Ryoga: Welcome! Might need to fix some OCG errors (I don't know the proper parlance for chain links and such), but it's a cool gimmick to Summon it through ongoing chains.

@Dyson Sphere: I don't have any points from you yet. Otherwise, I don't know if Ritual Monsters can ever be Pendulum Summoned (unless you edit the effect to force that change in the rules. That's allowed, but I don't think they can inherently be summoned like that with game mechanics alone), and I don't think you need to mention the effect in the QPU that sends Pendulum Monsters to the Extra Deck. I think they always go back to the Extra Deck when destroyed, never to the Graveyard.

Just figured how this quick donate thing work a minute ago, so points should be sent, and for QPU last clause, nope, Pendulum Cards only go to ED when they would be sent from the field (and only the field, not including hand or Deck) to the Graveyard, so I need to stated it if I want them to go to ED

Ritual Contest Entry - Overfrost!

[spoiler=Cards]

33k9942.jpg

While you control no Ritual Monsters, you cannot Special Summon monsters, except Ritual Monsters. This card's Pendulum Scale is decreased by the Pendulum Scale of the other card in your Pendulum Zones. When this card is activated: You can add 1 Pendulum Ritual Monster from your Deck to your hand, then shuffle 1 card from your hand into the Deck. You can only use this effect of "Meridius, Goddess of Twilights" once per turn.
You can Ritual Summon this card with "Ritual of Twilight". You can only control 1 "Meridius, Goddess of Twilights". When this card is Special Summoned: If this card was Ritual Summoned, banish 1 card your opponent controls. If not, this card's original ATK becomes 1500. When this card is Tributed by a card effect: If this card is in your Graveyard, add this card face-up to your Extra Deck. Also after that, add 1 face-up Pendulum Monster from your Extra Deck to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Meridius, Goddess of Twilights" once per turn.

2rfga2t.jpg

While you control no Ritual Monsters, you cannot Pendulum Summon monsters, except Ritual Monsters. When this card is activated: You can add 1 Ritual Spell Card from your Deck to your hand, then shuffle 1 card from your hand into the Deck. You can only use this effect of "Ortias, Spirit of Rising Twilights" once per turn.
You can Ritual Summon this card with "Ritual of Twilight". You can only control 1 "Ortias, Spirit of Rising Twilights". When this card is Special Summoned: If this card was Ritual Summoned, banish 1 face-up card your opponent controls. If not, this card's original ATK becomes 1500. When this card is Tributed by a card effect: If this card is in your Graveyard, add this card face-up to your Extra Deck. Also after that, add 1 Ritual Monster from your Deck to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Ortias, Spirit of Rising Twilights" once per turn.

k1rxqq.jpg

While you control no Ritual Monsters, you cannot Pendulum Summon monsters, except Ritual Monsters. When this card is activated: You can add 1 Ritual Monster from your Deck to your hand, then shuffle 1 card from your hand into the Deck. You can only use this effect of "Occasa, Spirit of Setting Twilights" once per turn.
You can Ritual Summon this card with "Ritual of Twilight". You can only control 1 "Occasa, Spirit of Setting Twilights". When this card is Special Summoned: If this card was Ritual Summoned, banish 1 Set card your opponent controls. If not, this card's original ATK becomes 1500. When this card is Tributed by a card effect: If this card is in your Graveyard, add this card face-up to your Extra Deck. Also after that, add 1 Pendulum Monster from your Deck to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Occasa, Spirit of Setting Twilights" once per turn.

2n8pm2p.jpg

You can only activate 1 "Ritual of Twilight" per turn. Activate 1 of these effects.
● Ritual Summon 1 "Twilights" Ritual Monster from your hand, by Tributing monsters from your hand and/or your side of the field whose total Levels equal 4 or more.
● Ritual Summon 1 Ritual Monster from your hand, by Tributing 1 other Spell Card from your hand and/or face-up on your side of the field for each 3 of that monster's Level (min. 0).
● Ritual Summon 1 face-up Ritual Monster from your Extra Deck, by Tributing monsters from your hand and/or your side of the field whose total Levels equal 6 or more.
You can only use 1 of the following effects of "Ritual of Twilight" per turn, and only once that turn. During your Standby Phase: You can add 1 "Twilights" monster from your Deck to your hand, then shuffle this card from your hand into the Deck. During your End Phase: You can Tribute 1 Pendulum card you control, then add this card from your Graveyard to your hand.

[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Rulings]
  • Pendulum Ritual Monsters cannot be Pendulum Summoned if they haven't been Ritual Summoned. If any Ritual Summoned Pendulum Ritual Monsters are returned to the hand/Deck, they must be Ritual Summoned again in order to make them can be Pendulum Summoned. Because of this, you can only Pendulum Summon Pendulum Ritual Monsters from your Extra Deck.
  • These monsters' monster effects are mandatory, and therefore, can't miss their timing.
  • In these monsters' 'When this card is Special Summoned:' effects, you apply 1 of these effects in their lore: 'If this card was Ritual Summoned, ...', or 'If not, this card's original ATK becomes 1500.'. You cannot apply both, nor none of them.
  • In these monsters' 'When this card is Tributed by a card effect:' effects, you apply their 'If this card is in your Graveyard, add this card face-up to your Extra Deck.' effect first if possible, then apply their 'Also after that, ...' effect. If you can't apply the first one, you simply skip it, then proceeds to the second one. You must apply both of them if possible.
  • The 'You can only control 1 ...' effects of these cards include cards in your Pendulum Zones.
  • In the Spell's effect that Ritual Summon a Ritual Monster by Tributing Spell Cards, you can Ritual Summon Relinquished without any Tributes. Any monsters treated as Spell Cards that got Tributed by this effect counts towards Divine Grace - Northwemko's effect, but cards that are originally Spell Cards do not. You can also banish Djinn of Rituals monsters from your Graveyard, but they won't count as the Tributes required for this effect. Any of those Djinns' effects will still be applied to the monster Ritual Summoned by this effect.
  • 'Pendulum card' means any Pendulum Monster in the Monster Card Zones or the Pendulum Zones.
[/spoiler]
*epic faints*

Also, the spell's required total levels are meant that way, those are not mistakes. ~faints~

Archived