Dark Paladin Girl {Dark Magician Girl Fusion}

CrowCardMaster

pGxRD6P.jpg

[spoiler='Effect!']"Dark Magician Girl" + 1 LIGHT Warrior-type monster.

This card gains 200 ATK and DEF fro every LIGHT monster in your graveyard. As long as this card is on the field neither player

can summon cards form there Extra deck. Your opponent cannot Set monster cards as long as this face up card

is on the field.[/spoiler]

I saw this picture and I just had to make this card. I would

really like any and all feedback ^-^

Summoned a lot easier with Eye of Timaeus, which is good. The second effect isn't clear when its activated: Is it when she's summoned, once per turn, or what.

The card overall is lacking. Too many materials and too little pay off, I'd recommend bumping up the attack to at least 2800, make it 1 DMG + 1 LIGHT Warrior, and make the effect once per turn. Even then it would still need some changes, some "umph" if you will.

I thought getting ride of both players hands was a pretty big 'umph' 

I agree wholeheartedly with the summoning 1 DMG + 1 LIGHT warrior

As for the ATK I did a little math, if you get her out say mid game with the boost is 4900 so I thought leaving

ATK where it was...was the best opption but I mean heck you could get here first turn so I guess your right there

too.

As for more 'umph' I think I can come up with something to give her more kick.

Edit: i totally forgot i took out the discard hand effect lol

It's a bit awkward for a card named "Dark" Magician Girl to be LIGHT.

But that aside, as Philemon mentioned, you can afford to buff her ATK a bit considering what you have to use to summon this card. I also agree on making the materials DMG + a LIGHT Warrior. 

The banish effect is dependent on your opponent running DARKs and if they are not, it is essentially a deadweight effect. You also need to clarify how it's supposed to trigger, as there is no indication of it.

Mid-game, it is true you'd probably have a fair amount of LIGHTs in the Graveyard for the first effect, depending on what type of deck you are playing, but stat boosting effects are outdated in this era of Yugioh. Hopefully you realize nowadays that effect destruction/removal are common, especially with common staples like 101 and Exciton running around. 

Overall, while there aren't too many balance issues from what I'm seeing, you should give it new effects to make it worth running and not dependent on your opponent doing something [because most of the time, your opponent isn't going to be running DARKs that you can banish and strip LP from]. 

Changed the effect up...a lot but I think it has a little more...something to it

It's a bit awkward for a card named "Dark" Magician Girl to be LIGHT.

But that aside, as Philemon mentioned, you can afford to buff her ATK a bit considering what you have to use to summon this card. I also agree on making the materials DMG + a LIGHT Warrior. 

The banish effect is dependent on your opponent running DARKs and if they are not, it is essentially a deadweight effect. You also need to clarify how it's supposed to trigger, as there is no indication of it.

Mid-game, it is true you'd probably have a fair amount of LIGHTs in the Graveyard for the first effect, depending on what type of deck you are playing, but stat boosting effects are outdated in this era of Yugioh. Hopefully you realize nowadays that effect destruction/removal are common, especially with common staples like 101 and Exciton running around. 

Overall, while there aren't too many balance issues from what I'm seeing, you should give it new effects to make it worth running and not dependent on your opponent doing something [because most of the time, your opponent isn't going to be running DARKs that you can banish and strip LP from]. 

Haha, as soon as you posted this I updated it, I hope its a lot better then what it was

You do realize that you just gave your opponent a reason to spam Rank 8s (or whatever Rank people like making nowadays), right?

Even if the monsters do get their stats halved/effects negated, they'll just be used to make a Xyz.

As a result, the card's last effect won't do anything except banish itself (in a way to Dark Magician of Chaos). 

The stats are better though [and in a way, can be considered as DMG's equivalent to Dark Paladin (obvious)], but you should fix the second and third effects. You can have it SS some of your own monsters instead of giving your opponent fuel to spam their usual cards.

Now it's overpowering; to the point it can be considered broken.

Extra Deck lock pretty much shuts down every relevant Deck in the game, save for Monarches and whatever doesn't care about their ED. Not to mention you're also forcing them to play stuff in ATK mode or kill this with an effect in conjunction. In a way, this card now turns stuff into a one-sided game (for you anyway)

You need to scrap the Extra Deck lock; that's the one that's proving to be broken at the moment. As for locking Set monsters, it's still powerful but not nearly as bad. 

Archived