[Finished]Epic Fusion Contest (Finished)

BatMed

Hi guys, I finally decide to make a contest :P

So, try to make a Fusion Monster that supports an archetype. However, that archetype must not contains Fusion monsters, which means cards that belongs to archetypes like "HERO", "Shadoll", "Neo Spacian", "Cyber Dragon"...  aren't allowed. Also try to make something unique: A new method to summon a Fusion monster, but of course, do not make something ridiculous...

Rules:

Entry fee is your rank x 10 (max 50). Donations are welcome.

Contest ends on July 14th.

You can make a Spell or monster card that can support the new Summon mechanism of your Fusion monster. 

You must Post your card before the Deadline.

No joke cards or pop-culture cards.

If you want to judge, you must have already passed the exam, and if you do, PM me and please include your criteria.

Prizes:

1st Place:  60% of the pot + 3 Reps

2nd Place: 30% of the pot + 2 Reps

3rd Place: 10% of the pot + 1 Rep

Judges:

**Me:

Creativity: 10 (including the new Summon mechanism of your Fusion monster)**

Picture + name: 20

Effect and theme: 30

Balance: 30

(Total: 100)

**Gadjiltron:

Design: 35%

Balance: 30%
Flavour: 30%
OCG: 5%

**Sakura Haruno:

Balance: 15

Creativity: 15

Playability: 5

Theme: 5

OCG: 10

(Total: 50)

Pot: 1160 points

Thanks to Aqua Hina, Le Reptile and MiniCrat for their donations

Entrants:

Le Reptile: Overcharged Mecha Battery Tech Dragon

Aqua Hina: Crystal Dragon Diamond Wyvern

Nixa-Zizu: Constellar Krensiar

BurningDemon: Crystal Beast King Lion

Minicrat: Hieratic Dragon of Thun

magemeek22: Cerato, Sylvan High Destroyer

Electric Wizard: Reptilianne  Stehno

Philemon: Pandora, Batteryman-Powered Gigawattdragon

Qliphoth Tool: Qliphoth Drive

Kamishiro Ryoga: Wightroop

outlaw1994: Vampire Gustave Desmarais / Vampire Summoning

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Winners

1st Place

Qliphoth Tool

2nd Place

magemeek22

3rd Place

Electric Wizard

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is my Fusion Monster:

Constellar Krensiar

MsVs7tP.jpg

2 "Consterllar" Monsters
You can Special Summon this card (from your Extra Deck) by banishing 1 Spell card from your Graveyard while you have 2 or more "Constellar" monster. (This Special Summon is always treated as Fusion Summon.) During the turn this card is Fusion Summoned, you can Normal Summon 1 "Constellar" Monster without Tribute. Once per turn you can excavate top card from your Deck to the Graveyard: target 1 face-up "Constellar" Monster; return that target to your hand then you can draw 1 card.

OK I know what will I make. :D

I'll join this.

Here is the card

Crystal Beast King Lion

pRHow1F.jpg

2 "Crystal Beast" Monsters
You can Special Summon this card from your Extra Deck when you place "Crystal Beast" monster in your Spell/Trap Card Zone by sending 2 "Crystal Beast" monsters from your Spell/Trap Card Zone to the Graveyard. (This Special Summon is treated as Fusion Summon.) Once per turn: You can send 1 "Crystal Beast" monster from your Spell/Trap Card Zone to the Graveyard; add 1 "Crystal", "Rare Value" or "Gem" Spell/Trap Card from your Deck to your hand. During each of your End Phases you can pay 500 Life Points to target 1 "Crystal Beast" monster in your Graveyard; place that target in your Spell/Trap Card Zone.

guess I will make a Crystal Beast support as well, but I think creating an additional "Crystal Beast" will just ruin their concept of having only 7 "Crystal Beasts" for Rainbow Dragon (in other words, you cannot bring RD out if you didn't run all 7 of them.)

[spoiler='With that said']

xAETdEr.jpg

2 "Crystal Beast" monsters

You can also Fusion Summon this card by sending the above Fusion Material that were treated as Continuous Spell Cards from your side of the field to the Graveyard. (You do not use "Polymerization".) While you have 3 or more "Crystal Beast" cards in your Graveyard or face-up on your side of the field, this card cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effects. During either player's turn: You can destroy 1 face-up "Crystal Beast" card you control, and if you do, destroy 1 card your opponent controls. You can only use the effect of "Crystal Dragon Diamond Wyvern" once per turn.

[/spoiler]

I will join too.

Hieratic Dragon of Thun

4fbNwqV.jpg

2 "Hieratic Dragon" Monsters
This card can be Special Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by sending above cards you control to the Graveyard. (This Special Summon is also treated as a Fusion Summon.) Once during either player's turn you can Tribute 1 face-up "Hieratic Dragon": Special Summon 1 Dragon-Type Normal Monster from your hand, Deck or Graveyard, and make its ATK and DEF 0. During the turn you activate this effect your opponent takes no battle damage from the battles involving this card. When this card is destroyed or Tributed: target 1 "Hieratic Dragon" monster in your Graveyard; add it to your hand.

I'd like to join. Sending points soon!

EDIT: Points sent. Here's my card (Sylvan support with an excavation-based Summoning mechanic).

[spoiler='My Card (with Lore and Explanation)']

TN9itpv.jpg

2 or more "Sylvan" Monsters
Can only be Special Summoned (from the Extra Deck) by its own effect. You can reveal this card in your Extra Deck, then excavate cards from the top of your Deck until a card that is not a "Sylvan" monster is excavated; send all excavated "Sylvan" monsters to the Graveyard, also place the last card on the bottom of your Deck; if 2 or more "Sylvan" monsters were sent to the Graveyard by this effect, Special Summon this card (You do not use "Polymerization".), and if you do, destroy cards on the field up to the number of excavated "Sylvan" monsters. The effect of "Cerato, Sylvan High Destroyer" can only be activated once per turn.

Just a little explanation of the name to show how much research went into this XD:
All of the higher Sylvan monsters (the Xyz Monsters for now) have their design based on two major principles: Foremost, they each represent one of the four Chinese Zodiac groups (the bird, dragon, turtle, and tiger). Secondly, Alsei (the turtle incarnation) is named after a plant genus. Therefore, I present to you "Cerato, Sylvan High Arbiter". This monster represents the dragon zodiac (if the image didn't already reveal that), and serves the role of destroyer, coupling the arbiter and protector in their divine roles in the Sylvan family. Cerato is named after the genus Ceratophyllum, a plant subset composed of prickly, pine-like species - much like the violent and destructive Cerato.

Fusion Summoning Alternative:
Instead of using Polymerization, you can use Cerato once per turn to excavate cards until you reach a card that isn't a Sylvan monster. If you're lucky, you'll get to Special Summon Cerato; if not, chances are you'll have excavated atleast 1 Sylvan monster, whose in-Graveyard effect you'll be able to take advantage of. The reason this fusion summoning alternative makes sense it because it works with the Sylvan theme of excavation without clogging your Deck with harmful Spells. In addition, you get rewarded for excavating more Sylvans than less; the more you excavate, the more cards you send to the Graveyard.

Overall Card Uses:
  • Free excavation once per turn
  • Potential to proc other Sylvan effects by excavating them
  • Works well with Orea (both as Xyz Material and as a means to excavate the cards that Orea sets up)
  • Helps gain field advantage
  • Rewards excavating a lot of cards by allowing you to destroy your opponent's field advantage
  • Compensates for poor recovery and inconsistencies in Sylvan decks

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Entry]

z4o3kTg.jpg

"Reptilianne" monster + 1 or monsters with 0 ATK
Must first be Special Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by sending the above cards from either side of the field to the Graveyard. (You do not use "Polymerization".) This face-up card on the field cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effects. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can banish 1 "Reptilianne" from your Graveyard to target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; its ATK becomes 0.

[/spoiler]

Points sent, here's my card

[URL=http://imgur.com/HHEd43R]HHEd43R.jpg[/URL]

[spoiler='Pandora, Batteryman-powered Gigawattdragon']1 DARK Machine-Type monster + 1 or more "Batteryman" monsters
You can also Fusion Summon this card by sending 1 DARK Machine-Type monster (from the field) and all Fusion Material "Batteryman" monsters (in your hand) to the graveyard. This card's maximum number of attacks per turn equals the number of "Batteryman" monsters used as its Fusion Material. If this card would be destoryed or targeted by a card effect, you can discard 1 "Batteryman" monster: Negate the card effect and destroy it.[/spoiler]

Points sent

[spoiler='My Entry']

6wTZHfY.jpg

Lore:

2 Level 6 or lower "Qliphoth" Pendulum Monsters
Must first be Fusion Summoned by shuffling the above Fusion Material monsters from your Extra Deck into the Deck. (You do not use "Polymerization".) If this card on the field would be sent to the Graveyard, place it face-up in your Extra Deck as a Pendulum Monster, instead. If this card is Pendulum Summoned, its Level becomes 4 and its Original ATK becomes 1900. When this card is Fusion Summoned: Draw 1 card. During either player's turn: You can tribute 1 "Qliphoth" monster you control; destroy 1 card on the field. You can only use each effect of "Qliphoth Drive" once per turn.

[/spoiler]

@TEM 23

I found an OCG error in my card and edited in my original post. Is that ok?

That's fine,

But it won't change anything, since my judging deosn't focus on the OCG as it does for the card's concept / theme ^^ . However, fix it cause maybe other judges (if any) could consider OCG in their judging...

Batteryman support go!

[SPOILER=Overcharged Mecha Battery Tech Dragon]

qu3A3M6.jpg

2 or more "Batteryman" monsters
Must first be Special Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by paying half your life points and banishing the above cards from your side of the field (You do not use "Polymerization".) This card gains 1000 ATK for every banished Thunder-type monster. This card is treated as a "Batteryman" monster while it is on the field and in your Graveyard. Once per turn, you can banish up to 2 cards you control: This card can declare additional attacks equal to the number of cards banished by this effect. During your 2nd Standby Phase after you Special Summoned this card: Banish this card.

[/SPOILER]

Need to find a more fitting art, but this looks nice to me. 

i'll join, point already sent

but i have question, would skull servant fusion be valid?

as skull servant is already fusion material of 2 monster (zombie warrior and flame ghost)

but i dont think they're part of skull servant/wight archetype

Hi! I just sent the points a short while ago. I believe 10 should've been okay as I'm still Level 1. My card is below. It is a member of the Earthbound Immortal Archetype. I hope you like it! Thanks!

Earthbound Immortal Ccusi Atahualpa

VYqKNMo.jpg

Lore:

"Earthbound Immortal Aslla piscu" + "Earthbound Immortal Ccapac Apu"
You can Special Summon this card (from your Extra Deck) by banishing the above Fusion Materials from your hand (This Special Summon is always treated as Fusion Summon). There can only be 1 face-up "Earthbound Immortal" monster on the field. If there is no face-up Field Spell Card on the field, destroy this card. Your opponent cannot select this card as an attack target. This card can attack your opponent directly. Once per turn, you can pay 1000 Life Points: Add 1 Field Spell Card from your Deck to your hand. When this card is removed from the field, except by its own effect, destroy 1 face-up monster your opponent controls and inflict damage to your opponent equal to the destroyed monster's ATK.

Archived