[Finished]Epic Fusion Contest (Finished)

BatMed

Requesting permission to judge.

Rubric:

Design: 35% (Can I work out what your card is supposed to do, and how it's supposed to interact, without any misconceptions?)

Balance: 30% (How well can it function if it were a real card?)

Flavour: 30% (How well does its function reflect its name and fit into its archetype, if any?)

OCG: 5% (If you're getting less than perfect, there were significant card grammar errors.)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

okay, here's my entry

[spoiler='Wightroop']HRKzHIP.jpg

Lore:

"Skull Servant" + 1 Warrior-Type monster.
You can Fusion Summon this card by banishing the above cards from either player's Graveyard while you control no monsters.(You do not use "Polymerization") .This card's Name become "Skull Servant" while its in your Graveyard.When this card is Fusion Summoned: this card gains ATK equal than ATK of the Warrior-Type Fusion Material Monster used to Fusion Summon this card.
[/spoiler]

sent points
ENTRY
EExTFKc.png

1 'Shien' monster + 1 'six samurai' monster
This card has the abilities of the 2 cards used to fusion summon this card. When this card destroys an opposing monster by battle, choose one six samurai in your graveyard and add it to your hand. When this card is sent to the graveyard you take 500 lp x the amount of six samurai cards in your hand and draw 1 card for each 500 lifepoints you took by this cards effect. 

I'm confused. In my question I asked can you make both a spell AND fusion monster. but in the reply you quoted me as saying or....

I quoted from the rules, read them again, you'll find that you're allowed to make a Spell card to support your fusion monster's summoning 

[Spoiler=Entry]

caxuP4Q.jpg

3 "Cloudian" monsters
You can also Fusion summon this card by removing 4 Fog Counters from anywhere on the field. Other "Cloudian" monsters you control cannot be destroyed by card effects. Your opponent cannot target other "Cloudian" monsters you control, except "Cloudian Caelus Lord of the Skys" for attacks. You can discard 1 "Cloudian" monster; place Fog Counters on card(s) on the field, equal to that monster's Level in the Graveyard. You can only use this effect of Cloudian Caelus, Lord of the Skys" once per turn. During either player's turn, when a card or effect is activated that targets a monster(s) on the field: You can remove 3 Fog Counters from anywhere on the field; negate the activation of that card, and if you do, destroy it.
[/Spoiler]

In a way, you are a bit late; considering the contest ends tomorrow (or today, depending on the host's timezone/how he set this to expire).

However, you can submit an entry though (with the appropriate fee); if he doesn't accept it, then he should refund your points if that's the case. Think you should still be on time, but get in quickly.

lol thx will send and post soon hope im not too late as n my time zone it is the due date

edit:

heres my entry if im not too late

huQa1P5.jpg

1 DARK "Vampire" monster + 1 monster
This card must first be fusion summoned with "Vampire Summoning". When this card is Special Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 DARK "Vampire" monster from your hand then You can declare 1 card type (Monster, Spell, or Trap); your opponent sends 1 card of that type from their Deck to the Graveyard. DARK "Vampire" monster's on the Field gain 200 ATK and DEF for each LIGHT monster in either Graveyard. If this card is in the Graveyard: all monsters in your opponents Graveyard become LIGHT attribute. This card cannot be used as an Xyz Material for an Xyz Summon, except for the Xyz Summon of a DARK monster.
6yjhiri.jpg
Pay 1000 life points; Return Fusion Material Monsters that are listed by a "Vampire" Fusion Monster Card from the field or Graveyards to the Decks and shuffle them, then Special Summon the Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck.(This Special Summon is treated as a Fusion Summon). You can only activate 1 "Vampire Summoning" per turn. you cannot  Special Summon monsters except DARK "Vampire" monsters during the turn you activate this card. 

Well, since I'm finally done with my judging, I'll take the initiative and post up my results.

My inexperience with how certain archetypes work might result in me overlooking certain details. Do let me know if something's up with my commentary.

[spoiler Le Reptile - Overcharged Battery Tech Dragon]
Design: 30/35
Balance: 15/30
Flavour: 25/30
OCG: 5/5
Total: 75%

What I see here is a 3050 ATK beater for the first copy Summoned, followed by 5050 ATK on the second one, and 7050 on the third. With the capability of attacking up to 3 times for the first turn it's been around, it's clearly designed to punch through anything large statwise or be an OTK maker on its own if Short Circuit isn't around.

Does it keep its extra maximum attacks for the second turn it's around? From what I'm interpreting off the card text, this appears to be the case. Maybe that's not what you intended.

The problem is that while the infamous Short Circuit OTK is optimally performed with 3x Batteryman AA, something that would require a bit of effort to pull off, this card doesn't require as much effort. You just need any 3 Batterymen to clear the field with Short Circuit, pull out Battery Tech Dragon, eat the remaining Batteryman, and you have 2 hits of 4050 ATK to curbstomp the opponent with. Even Trident Dragion wasn't this merciless!

Flavour-wise, it sticks out a little amongst the rest of the Batteryman archetype. Yes, it's a crazy awesome mechanical dragon that charges itself off the batteries you've fed to it during and after its Summon. But so is Super-Electromagnetic Voltech Dragon, and that's also a Thunder-Type. It also feels kind of odd that it gets the same boost regardless of what batteries are used for it, seeing that even 2 tiny button cells give it the same mileage as 2 car batteries. I'm not sure if that's good or terrible power efficiency.[/spoiler]

[spoiler Aqua Hina - Crystal Dragon Diamond Wyvern]
Design: 33/35
Balance: 22/30
Flavour: 27/30
Total: 87%

If there's anything the Crystal Beasts lack, it's something that gives offensive pressure and maintains the field via removal. Without that, they're sitting ducks waiting to be beaten up and placed in the backrow so that their support can be used. This card is designed to fill in those roles, with a decent 2600/2100 body and the ability to repeatedly nuke anything that might get in its way - provided that there're enough Crystal Beasts to fuel its wrecking streak.

The incredible ease in Summoning this card turns Crystal Blessing into the de-facto Polymerization for it. It sports a hexproofing effect that turns on once you have 3 or more Crystal Beasts on your field or in your Graveyard - easily accomplished by the time you can Summon this card - and its effect destruction not only helps you crystallize your monsters, but works at instant speed and doesn't target.

It's good - perhaps, almost too good. Unless you're running Grave banishment shenanigans, it's nearly impossible to disable Crystal Dragon Jesus' hexproof effect, creating a lot of frustration in trying to deal with it. It would be more acceptable if it only looked at Crystal Beasts on the field, making one think about whether it's worth trading that protection for destruction with the other effect. Because its destruction effect helps crystallize Crystal Beasts, you essentially get 2 non-targeting destruction uses out of a single card. That's already incredible, but at Spell Speed 2? That's pushing the envelope, even with a once-per-turn-per copy restriction.

At the very least, it not being a Crystal Beast means that it can't utilize most of the Crystal Beast support or contribute to Rainbow Dragon, but it does so much on its own that it can essentially steal the spotlight as their new boss monster. Well, not like we don't have actual new cards being spotlight stealing squads...[/spoiler]

[spoiler Nixa-Zizu - Constellar Krensiar]
OCG: 4/5
Total: 74%

First and foremost, "Constellar", not "Consterllar". It'll be nearly as embarrassing as "Undeat".

This card's functions remind me that there actually are other Constellar monsters that have a base level higher than 4. Blame Complacent Gaming Syndrome for making it seem like only a small handful of Constellars are worth playing. You do get to Normal Summon a high-Level Constellar monster without Tributing the turn you Fusion Summon it (via either method), but there are slight issues with this. If you already control 2 or more Constellar monsters, you've either Normal Summoned already and can't utilize this card's effect, or you're in a very good position and have little reason to bring out another monster. This is what we call winmoar - cards that don't contribute much unless you're in a winning state.

The other effect is a little odd - the excavation cost looks out of place, and you bounce your own monster for the sake of drawing 1 card. Yes, you do get to recycle on-Summon effects, but a lot of these Constellar effects are Normal Summon only, and few Constellar monsters have the capability of Special Summoning themselves if you're already controlling monsters. On the other hand, you can have this card's effect bounce the card itself, and then you can Fusion Summon this card again by banishing a Spell, effectively letting you draw as many cards as you have Spells in your Graveyard. Funny how gamebreaking a card gets when a single word ("other") is missing, no?

The general Constellar name theme is stars and constellations, but I'm not sure what "Krensiar" is. Closest thing I got is a "krenshar", which is a creature from D&D. A slight flavour penalty for breaking the naming theme.

At first glance, a rather underwhelming card that falls flat in its intended goals, but a missing tiny detail makes it a stupidly broken draw engine. This is why you've been that badly penalized in the balance department.[/spoiler]

[spoiler BurningDemon - Crystal Beast King Lion]
Design: 32/35
Balance: 29/30
Flavour: 21/30
Total: 87%

I-I'm sorry? How are you supposed to alt-Summon this card again? If it were a standalone "send crystallized Beasts" to the Graveyard without some odd activation condition it'd be a lot more understandable, but here it seems like this card can Summon itself in the middle of a Chain. OCG penalty for that, along with a slight design penalty for being unclear. Unless it's prone to missing the timing...

Akin to Crystal Dragon Jesus above, King Lion sports a similar 2600 ATK, and a Crystal Blessing can function as its de-facto Polymerization. Unlike Crystal Dragon Jesus, it doesn't become a solo-everything boss monster, and instead supports the archetype by helping to tutor Crystal Beast support cards and re-crystallizing Crystal Beasts. I'm not sure why this is capable of tutoring Gem S/Ts, though, seeing that it can unwittingly interact with various Gem-Knight and Gemini S/Ts. If you intended for it to find Gem-Flash Energy, let me say that it's not worth running in Crystal Beasts.

Once you figure out when you can alt-Summon this card, it's a pretty decent addition to the Crystal Beast archetype. The ability to effectively tutor Crystal Beast support cards for free is helpful stuff, and a 2600 ATK (boosted to 3400 with Crystal Release) helps add muscle that the archetype is desperate for. The fact that it contributes to Rainbow Dragon also means that Rainbow builds can do with one less bad Crystal Beast, though that breaks the underlying theme of "run all 7 cards to make the rainbow".

Flavour penalty for not being named after a gemstone and having unwitting interactions with Gem-Knights and Gemini. Do exercise caution with name strings.[/spoiler]

[spoiler Minicrat - Hieratic Dragon of Thun]
Balance: 24/30
Total: 89%

What I see here is a very strong combo piece for Hieratic shenanigans. Alt-summon condition is already easily fulfilled with the combo of Eset-Nebthet/Su which puts 2 monsters on the table. What follows afterwards is pretty much turning almost every important Hieratic base monster into a +1, letting you repeatedly go into Xyz and Synchro plays with just a single Tribute. And at Spell Speed 2, it can even be used to dodge effects that put those cards in worse positions, like getting banished or shuffled. Of course, coming out with 0 stats and not being able to Synchro or Xyz during the opponent's turn waters down the utility of its quickness, but we mustn't forget that this card can Tribute itself during the opponent's End Phase to fish out, say, Eset or Tefnuit and start the Hieratic shenanigans all over again next turn while having an additional monster available for use.

Yes, your opponent takes no battle damage during the turn you use Thun's first effect, but at that point, does it really matter? Like how players circumvent Atum's no-attack restriction by changing him into Gaia Dragon, you're most likely going to circumvent the downside by using Thun as a Material for a LV9/10 Synchro (like Trident Dragion) or a Rank 8 Xyz (like Tachyon Dragon or NGEPD).

By effectively doubling the payout of the main combo pieces while also being a decent body to use in a combo, Thun really pushes the potency of Hieratics. It's a relief that his alt-Summon doesn't Tribute, else we'd get some serious floatation happening.

Looked up what Thun is, closest Egyptian god I can link it to is Thoth. However, since the existing Hieratics already used up the entire Ennead, can't fault you too heavily for that.[/spoiler]

[spoiler magemeek22 - Cerato, Sylvan High Destroyer]
Balance: 26/30
Flavour: 30/30
Total: 94%

The design stage exposition really helps in understanding how you've come up with the card and what it's intended to do. Props for taking the time to research the theme and carefully working your card name and art into it.

Still, this is a rarity. The Fusion monsters I've reviewed up to this point involve having nice effects once they've hit the field, but this card's focus is entirely on its alt-Summon technique, and becomes an effective vanilla after it successfully Summons itself. Not that there's anything wrong with that, seeing that all the digging you do to bring Cerato out already sets off a chain reaction of excavated Sylvan effects that give your opponent a hard time, in addition to what this card would do alone.

Although partially luck-based, the Sylvans already have ways to stack the Deck in your favour and rig your chances of successfully bringing out Cerato. But what happens afterwards? Good chances are that you've triggered Sagequoia, and have spat it out onto the field, letting it beat with Cerato for 5100 damage before an Xyz into Orea. Or go into Orea first and keep the combos going. Or interact with the multitude of card advantage you've gained based on what you've excavated.

The thing with existing Sylvans is that their combo potential is reined in by their limited excavation scope and that they need to be on the field to do so, and thus you've used up your Normal Summon to try to get the ball rolling. This card scoffs at said restrictions, letting you start excavating from your very first turn, and allowing you to keep going until you can't. This seems like a massive boon to Sylvans, but try to turn the situation around and think about what it feels like to be facing this.[/spoiler]

[spoiler Electric Wizard - Retpilianne Stheno]
Design: 35/35
Balance: 27/30
Flavour: 29/30
Total: 96%

When I realized that this is effectively a Chimeratech Fortress Dragon for Reptiliannes, I looked up Ghost of a Grudge and laughed. And laughed. And laughed. Ohhh boy...

That said, Reptiliannes weren't exactly very effective on release, and they certainly aren't effective in the current day. What they lack is good field control and better ways to zero out opposing ATK scores. Ghost of a Grudge effectively fills in that second problem, leaving this card to basically eat up the opponent's field and leave them in a fit of rage.

What do we get out of this? A nice 2500 ATK hexproof body to beat things with. Because your opponent can't target it with effects they're tempted to attack it head-on, and then this card's second effect kicks in, cutting an opposing monster's ATK to 0. The Quick speed is a nice touch, deterring people from attacking without a backup plan, giving it more longevity on the field and allowing it to enable more Reptilianne effects.

Who needs Medusa? We certainly don't. Stheno, her big sister in-universe, would easily demonstrate why she's the most ferocious amongst the Gorgons. Pity the image doesn't depict red snakes for hair to complete the reference.[/spoiler]

[spoiler Philemon - Pandora, Batteryman-Powered Gigawattdragon]
Design: 27/35
Balance: 28/30
Flavour: 16/30
Total: 76%

I... honestly don't know what Deck would bother running DARK Machines alongside Batterymen. Perhaps if they were splashed in to fill for some niche use, but generally there will be synergy concerns between the dominant archetype and what's splashed in. The alt-Summon technique is a bit inconvenient, as Batterymen prefer to be called straight onto the field rather than accumulate in the hand. That said, you could just Overload Fusion it for far greater convenience.

What do we get out of this, though? A 3200 body which gets additional attacks for every Batteryman invested into it past the first, and nigh-invulnerability assuming you keep enough Batterymen in your hand to use for its effects. Not too shabby for a high-investment boss monster, and they work in tandem to turn it into more or less a confirmed game-finisher.

This card isn't too bad on its own, but the main issue lies in it entirely missing the point about what Batterymen are about. Batterymen like to swarm the field from all directions, not accumulate in the hand and expect to be Pendulum'd or something. The DARK Machine requirement also complicates things by forcing someone to break the theme and weather a bunch of synergy issues.

EDIT: The revelation of the ability to alt-Summon this card using either player's DARK Machine on the field gives this card slightly better function as tech against certain matchups. Assuming you pitch in minimal investment to make this card, it works out to be a nigh-unstoppable +1 that eats an opposing DARK Machine and helps beat face. Any further investment you're sinking into this card would generally mean you're pushing for a game-ender. This, however, still doesn't excuse the fact that the Batteryman investments need to come from the hand for the alt-Summon, the location where they don't exactly prefer to be. Yes, there are ways to retrieve them, but devoting to this card warps the usual Batteryman strategy to the point where it might as well be an alternate strategy's centerpiece.[/spoiler]

[spoiler Qliphoth Tool - Qliphoth Drive]
Design: 34/35
Balance: 28/30
Total: 96%

This is novel. While at first looking like a Fusion Monster, this card quickly adapts into the Qliphoth archetype and changes into a pseudo-Pendulum after you first Summon it.

That said, it takes a little while before Qliphoths can pull this card out. You'd have to pull out 2 Qliphoths and then get them into the Extra Deck - in a single turn, that would mean a Pendulum Summon followed by Tribute Summoning Disk or Shell, and that's a 5-card investment. Over a couple turns, however, it's a fair bit simpler by just having the monsters soak hits.

For giving up the ability to re-Pendulum used Qliphoth monsters, this card sort-of-breaks even by letting you draw a card. It doesn't have the same monster immunity as the other Qliphoth monsters (but then again, you can't Normal Summon this) but in exchange, it can Tribute Qliphoths at Quick speed to destroy cards, dodging removal and putting them in a good position for you to re-Pendulum them, while also triggering effects of Archive and Genome.

As Qliphoths are a relatively new archetype with few members and support, this card seems fair for the time being. Who knows what awaits the Qliphoths in the future and how this card's power level would be affected?[/spoiler]

[spoiler TPagSwaqq - Earthbound Immortal Ccusi Atahualpa]
Balance: 27/30
Total: 94%

Earthbound Immortal Decks face issues with having a hand clogged with Earthbound Immortals and no way to get them out, and that's where Atahualpa comes in to save the day. Almost. Needing 2 specific Earthbound Immortals, one of which is admittedly the best among them, hurts its playability, though name-changing and Fusion Substitutes still work fine in its Summon.

Barring the usual Earthbound Immortal clauses, what do we get? A Field Spell tutor for 1000 LP is not really helpful, with the presence of Terraforming and the fact that you need a Field active to even have this card on the field in the first place. When it leaves the field, we get a slight variation on Aslla piscu's effect - killing a monster and inflicting damage according to that monster's ATK. If done right by comboing with Swallow's Nest, this would be tantamount to an OTK depending on what the opponent has (and whether it got protected).

Looked around to what Atahualpa (or a parallel) is, I've learn that it's the name of the Inca empire's last emperor. So we have that.

Ultimately, this boils down to being slightly underwhelming. Yes, you don't need Tribute fodder to bring this out and can put dead-drawn Immortals to good use. No, you can't make this a nigh-invulnerable beast with Hardened Armed Dragon. Still, it's an interesting tool for the Immortals to play around with.[/spoiler]

[spoiler Kamishiro Ryoga - Wightroop]
Balance: 26/30
Flavour: 20/30
Total: 80%

What we have here is, more or less, as straight as a Fusion gets. It's effectively a vanilla that combines the ATK of Skull Servant and that Warrior Fusion Material you've used. The ability to fish out of either Graveyard gives it some utility at pulling out annoying monsters you don't want your opponent to have.

But that's all there is to it. It becomes little more than a big beater that interacts with low-Level support. Not that there's anything imbalanced about being a big beater, but without anything else it's downright underwhelming. Aside from changing its own name in the Graveyard it doesn't really do much with the general Skull Servant strategy, feeling like something randomly tossed into the archetype.[/spoiler]

[spoiler shadegara2 - Six Samurai - Ultimate Shien]
Design: 26/35
Flavour: 20/30
OCG: 3/5
Total: 64%

I read the first effect, and I'm gonna stop you there, never let you finish, because you probably don't know what kind of shitstorms you'll wreak with this card. Under no circumstances is blending the effects of 2 different monsters onto a single monster with additional bonuses on top going to be a good thing.

Shi En not difficult enough to take down on his own? Let's fuse him with Shogun Shien to have almost complete control over the opponent's S/Ts and destruction substitution. Or blend Shi En with Enishi, Shien's Chancellor to nuke the opponent's monsters while policing their S/Ts that matter. Or blend Tenkabito Shien with Nisashi to create a 3000 ATK double attacker that's unaffected by Traps. And all this is before working in the rest of the effects.

Each kill it makes in battle, easily done with its 3000 ATK, you retrieve a 6Sam monster (I assume it means monster) from your Graveyard, adding to the number of ways the Deck can establish dominance via hand advantage. Never mind that we have more tutors than most other players would be comfortable with, now we have recursion to recover what was given up for this card's Summon.

And then we get to the final effect, when (assuming you let it happen) it gets sent to the Graveyard. Yes, you're forced to reveal your hand so that the opponent can confirm how much damage you're taking. But you're almost doubling the number of cards you have in your hand, opening up a ridiculous number of combos available.

I believe "walking ball of hax" perfectly describes this card.[/spoiler]

[spoiler josholche - Cloudian Caelus, Lord of the Skies]
Balance: 20/30
Total: 85%

What's the problem with Cloudians? Perhaps it's the fact that if you put them to Defense Position they fall apart. Perhaps it's also because they're forced to stick around in Attack Position with meagre stats, resulting in you effectively saying "Here's my weak point, please kick it as hard as you can". Fog Counter shenanigans be damned, accumulating them is particularly difficult since you need to Normal Summon the Cloudians.

But this card helps alleviate these problems. Getting 4 Fog Counters may require a small bit of work, but the investment will be worth it - it makes other Cloudians practially indestructible and unattackable. It also accelerates their Fog Counter shenanigans by liberally spreading them around like peanut butter without even using up a Normal Summon. Superpowered Nimbusman? Clearing out the field with Acid Cloud and Cirrostratus? Eat up the opponent's hand with Altus? Bring out ANOTHER Caelus? You got it.

Oh, right, there's even another effect to use the Fog Counters you're throwing all around the field. Should your opponent activate anything that targets monsters, you can use 3 Fog Counters to negate that. This wicked strong degree of protection makes an array of Cloudians almost impossible to penetrate while they sit about and create trouble on your board state. I understand Cloudians need something like a new boss monster to push them to the current game's power level, but this degree of protection - unattackable, indestructible, nigh-untargetable monsters - can be an incredible headache to face. If you dropped one form of protection, this card won't be as much of an issue.

Looked up Caelus, and he is, indeed, Roman god of the skies. Odd to see a sudden deviation from the Cloudian's cloud-based naming theme - cumulonimbus would be a fitting name for a big boss monster for them - but seeing how this card singlehandedly can push Cloudians out of their troublesome past, it's nearly appropriate.[/spoiler]

[spoiler A_Kuzuryu - Fire King Avatar Fenghuang]
Balance: 21/30
Flavour: 30/30
Total: 90%

Short effect, simple stuff. "Fuse" this card by blowing up its material during either player's turn, and get a decent body that's unaffected by monster effects.

How it's evaluated will now depend on what combos it can unlock, and at what point in the game. The fact that you can do this at Quick speed from your Extra Deck means that your opponent will constantly work in fear of its effect triggering with no means of disabling it without exclusively siding against it. And setting off a High Garunix and Nephthys on demand, even by proxy using Yaksha, is incredibly annoying.

Beauty in simplicity, but sometimes the simplest of effects can also be the deadliest. Recall Pot of Greed with the incredible sentence of "draw 2 cards".[/spoiler]

[spoiler outlaw1994 - Vampire Gustave Desmarais]
Design: 32/35
Balance: 29/30
Total: 90%

Based on the Fusion Spell, I'm assuming you can shuffle either player's cards to Summon this with Vampire Summoning, creating odd interactions when in a Vampire mirror match.

As with various other significant Vampires, it's a LV5 with 2000/0 body, opening it up to all forms of Vampire support. It eases the problem of Vampires needing to be Tribute Summoned with its Special Summon effect, and contributes to their general theme of selective milling.

But then the anti-LIGHT effect happens and it's disorienting. Not that it's a bad thing per se - always good to have a slight edge over opposing Lightsworns - but such a pinpointed effect really seems out of place in contrast with the rest of the archetype. Perhaps you intended this to secretly be an Ally of Justice monster? At least the LIGHT-changing effect while this card is in the Graveyard can interfere with non-LIGHT revival attempts.

Ultimately, you'd only be using this card to facilitate the Summon of Bram in order to steal the opponent's precious things.[/spoiler]

thnx for the feedback and judgment i actually made this card to use bram then if you get another copy out thats when the light monster effect works well as the second copy all get a boost cause of the effect of the first one in grave also the name means "The one who leads souls, not to their salvation but to their doom."

Ouch, fourteenth place (out of fifteen), all on flavour. I'd just like to point out you don't need to run a DARK Machine for Pandora's alt summon. It says "from the field" not "your side of the field", the idea is you can steal one of your opponents monster, like say Catastor (or any Ally of Justice), the Chimeratechs, Fusilier against a beatdown deck, some Gimmick Puppets and so on. It could be a surprising side-in against any deck that runs a DARK machine.

Ouch, fourteenth place (out of fifteen), all on flavour. I'd just like to point out you don't need to run a DARK Machine for Pandora's alt summon. It says "from the field" not "your side of the field", the idea is you can steal one of your opponents monster, like say Catastor (or any Ally of Justice), the Chimeratechs, Fusilier against a beatdown deck, some Gimmick Puppets and so on. It could be a surprising side-in against any deck that runs a DARK machine.

Oh, it can use either player's DARK Machine? That little detail I missed potentially changes my judgment on it. Re-evaluating...

Archived