[Finished]3 Round Contest (First Round Started - Pot is Currently 780!)

TPagSwaqq

Hello everyone! Although I'm new, I was a member of YCM a few years back before I deleted my account. I love Card Contests and wanted to start one here. I have been accepted as a contest judge, so I hope that you won't not join due to my low level. I promise to make this a fair and fun contest and not run away with anyone's hard-earned points. I will be accepting 10 members, unless there is some sort of demand in which case I can allow more. From there, we will have 3 rounds based on making different types of cards.

Rounds

1. This round is for 10 contestants. Make an effect monster for an "Ice" archetype. You can make this archetype anything you want. For example, there are "Ice Barrier" cards in the actual TCG. However, this card should be "Ice"-related. There is no official "Ice" type so please do not create one that is not accurate according to the TCG, but rather one that applies to an archetype. This monster should be playable and not broken, as well as support an Ice-themed deck. It must have an effect that supports all "Ice" monsters in some way. The more creative it is, the better. The 7 best cards will move onto the next round. An example is below:

[spoiler=Example Card]xUymp7M.jpg[/spoiler]

Rounds 2 & 3 will be revealed when Round 1 is completed so as not to give anyone a headstart.

Contest Rules

- The Entry Fee is 30 points. This will go into a pot that will be dispersed in the prizes.

- Each round will take up to 2 days. The first round will begin after 10 contestants have entered and paid their points. The round will end when all contestants have posted their entry.

- Judging will take up to 2 days. The next round will begin immediately after results from the previous round have been posted.

- No joke cards.

- All cards must be realistic and balanced. You cannot make up a new type of card or attribute to use.

- The Ice-Type monster can be any attribute, but it should apply to the card. Don't make it a FIRE-attribute if your picture is covered in water and ice.

- I am currently the only judge. It will stay that way unless someone shows interest in judging. I would prefer you consider entering before deciding to judge, but I will welcome all judges as long as you are approved and have passed the exam.

Prizes

1st Place:     50% of the pot (390 Points) + 3 reps

2nd Place:    15% of the pot (117 Points) + 2 reps

3rd Place:     10% of the pot (78 Points) + 2 reps

4th Place:     8% of the pot (62 Points) + 1 rep

5th Place:     6% of the pot (47 Points) + 1 rep

6th Place:     4% of the pot (31 Points)

7th Place:     3% of the pot (23 Points)

8th Place:     2% of the pot (16 Points)

9th Place:     1% of the pot (8 Points)

10th Place:   My sincere thanks for joining the contest. :)

Judging Criteria

Playability & Effect: 35%

Creativity: 25%

Picture: 20%

Name: 10%

Adherence to the Rules: 10%

Each section is graded out of 10 points, and then that score is weighted based on the percentages above, thus giving you an overall score out of 10. The 7 highest scorers in the first Round will make it to Round 2. The 4 highest scorers in Round 2 will make it to Round 3. Then, after the scores in Round 3 are presented, one additional person will be eliminated. The winner and runners-up will be determined by averaging all 3 scores. The person with the highest average score will be declared the winner!

Current Pot: 780

Thank you to StrikerAqua Hina, & MiniCrat for their generous donations!

Entrants:

1. Striker (Points Paid - No 1st Round Card Submitted Yet)

2. Le Reptile (Points Paid - 1st Round Submitted)

3. UnendingEmpire (Points Paid - 1st Round Submitted)

4. Electric Wizard (Points Paid - 1st Round Submitted)

5. Aqua Hina (Points Paid - 1st Round Submitted)

6. josolche (Points Paid - 1st Round Submitted)

7. MiniCrat (Points Paid - 1st Round Submitted)

8. Cliphoth Tool (Points Paid - 1st Round Submitted)

9. Scrooge (Points Paid - 1st Round Submitted)

10. krakonfour (Points Paid - 1st Round Submitted)

If you have any questions please feel free to PM me or post it here! This contest is all about having fun and I hope you will enter and enjoy! Have a great day!

Let me specify. Not Ice-Type monsters. I'm not asking you to create a new type so I'm sorry if I misspoke. I'm asking you to create a card based on an Ice Archetype. You can make it whatever Attribute and monster type you'd like. I am posting an example to make this clear.

xUymp7M.jpg

I'll also add this to the main post to make it clear. Sorry for the confusion! I wanted to do something a little more specific than "make a monster card." I hope that's okay with everyone! Thanks for pointing this out.

I'll join. Points sent

yvanyfz.jpg

If this card is in your hand when your opponent activates an card effect that target a face-up "Ice Barrier" monster(s) you control; negate the effect and destroy that card then you can Special Summon this card from your hand. While this card is face-up on the field if another "Ice Barrier" monster(s) you control would be destroyed (either by battle or by a card effect): You can discard 1 WATER monster and return this card to your hand; that monster is not destroyed. You can only gain 1 of the effects of the "Freens, Prince of The Ice Barrier" per turn.

I'll join as well

[spoiler='My entry']

OyjLNAO.jpg

Lore:

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
When this card is Synchro Summoned: You can target up to 2 Set cards on the field; those targets cannot be activated or Flip Summoned while they are on the field. Those targets cannot be activated in response to this card's activation. If the only monster your opponent controls is a face-down monster(s) that was affected by this effect, monsters you control can attack your opponent directly. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can target 1 face-up Attack Position monster on the field; change it to face-up Defense Position, and if you do, its effects are negated until the end of this turn.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Entry]

scMbajV.jpg

2 Level 5 monsters
Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card to target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; that monster's effects are negated, it cannot be Tributed, or be used as a Fusion, Synchro, or Xyz Material for a Summon, also that monster cannot attack. If this card is in your Graveyard: You can banish this card and 1 other "Ice" monster; Special Summon 1 "Ice" monster from your hand or Deck. 
[/spoiler]

Here's my card :)

[SPOILER=Entry]

PaZQyRW.jpg

As long as this card is on the field: Any non-"Ice" monster with 3 or more Ice Counters has its effect negated. Once per turn, you can place Ice Counters on any face-up monster on the field equal to the number of "Ice" monsters you control. If a monster with 2 or more Ice Counters battles an "Ice" monster: It is destroyed at the end of the Battle Phase. Once per turn, you can remove 2 Ice Counters from the field and select 1 face-down card. Until your 2nd End Phase after this effect is activated: The selected card cannot be flipped face-up. You can only control 1 face-up "Mythical Ice Princess"

[/SPOILER]

[Spoiler=Entry]

X4CPXCJ.jpg

When this card is Normal Summoned: Change it to Defense Position. Your opponent cannot target face-up "Ice" monsters" for attacks, except this one. If this card in your possession is sent to your Graveyard by your opponent's card (either by battle or by card effect): You can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Ice" monster from your Deck, except " Iceberg Crag".

[/Spoiler]

Archived