"The Agent" Extra Deck and support

EndSeekingValor

Since the release of "The Agent of Entropy- Uranus" just happened and it's a tuner, yet "The Agent" monster don't have any Synchro monsters of their own, I thought I'd make my own. First we have "Luna, The Agent of the Moons". While coming up with her name, I knew the formula for all the Agents have been, "The Agent of <property> - <planet>". But I didn't think "The Agent of <propety> - The Moons" sounded very cool. So, why not change up the formula for the Sychros? I decided to keep the theme Entropy brought by also having some Dark attribute Agents.

08aW6sh.jpg

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner
Once per turn you can Banish 1 LIGHT Fairy-Type monster from your Graveyard; select one card at random from your opponent's hand OR the top card of their deck and destroy that card.

While "Sanctuary in the Sky" is on the field, your opponent's monsters cannot target this card for attacks.

2500 ATK/ 1500 DEF

fId7D9I.jpg

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner
Once per turn, you can target 1 banished LIGHT Fairy-type monster and return it to your graveyard.

While "Sanctuary in the Sky" is on your side of the field this card cannot be targeted by card effects.

2700 ATK/ 1700 DEF

go0wR84.jpg

"Sol, The Agent of the Sun" + "Luna, The Agent of the Moons"
Must first be special summoned (from your Extra Deck) by Tributing the above cards (You do not use "Polymerization").
Once per turn you can Special Summon one Fairy-Type monster from your hand or Graveyard.
While "Sanctuary in the Sky" is on the field, once per turn: You can Tribute one Fairy-type monster, then target 1 card your opponent controls; destroy that target.

3200 ATK/ 2800 DEF

After all this, my wheels didn't want to stop turning, so I went on into making XYZs. First we have "Dua, The Agent of Asteroids". The naming process of the XYZs I just used names based off the number of their rank: Two, dual, Dua. I decided to play the Life Point game with this one to give Mars and Saturn more use.

B914l44.jpg

2 Level 2 monsters
You can detach one XYZ material from this card, inflict 300 damage to your opponent's Life Points for each LIGHT Fairy-Type monster in your graveyard.
After that, if "Sanctuary in the Sky" is on the field, increase your Life Points by 300 for each LIGHT Fairy-Type monster in your Graveyard.

1600 ATK/ 1500 DEF

Next we have "Tra, The Agent of Nothing". Being Rank 3, I thought "Marshmallon" is a likely monster to get used, so his effect plays off of that.

GvQwQUk.jpg

2 Level 3 monsters
Once per turn, you can detach one XYZ material from this card; this card gains 500 ATK until the End Phase.

While "Sanctuary in the Sky" is on the field, this card cannot be destroyed by battle.

2100 ATK/ 1200 DEF

Then we have "Qua, The Agent of Black Holes". His effect plays off of his name. As a black hole destroys, so does Qua.

qAxVL2d.jpg

2 Level 4 monsters
Once per turn, you can detach one XYZ material from this card; destroy 1 card your opponent controls.

While "Sanctuary in the Sky" is on the field, this card gains 300 ATK.

2400 ATK/ 1500 DEF

Next is "Fra, The Agent of Galaxies". A powerful Rank 5 with the ability to get "Sanctuary in the Sky" back into your hand and, with that, Special Summoning power.

YoXTI2y.jpg

2 Level 5 monsters
Once per turn, you can detach one XYZ material from this card; add one Field Spell card from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand.
While "Sanctuary in the Sky" is on the field, once per turn, you can Special Summon one banished "The Agent" monster onto your side of the field.

2700 ATK/ 1750 DEF

Let me know your thoughts! Thanks!

Next time, just post all of the cards in one thread/post instead of making three separate ones for them.

Additionally, please refrain from using attachments to post cards. Rather, just left-click them in the generator and copy/paste the IMG links that result. (You'll need to reupload everything that was in the first two threads prior; which appears to be the Synchros and the earlier Xyzs; and post all of them in the first post.)

With that said, I'll give a quick review on Tra and Qua.

- Tra is just a power booster that can't be destroyed. Granted though, only Venus and Marshmallon would be used to summon this in a proper Fairy Deck. Also keep in mind that while 1600 ATK isn't exactly bad for a Rank 3 (and can pump itself to 2100 when needed), the boost (by that wording) is only during your turn. Thus, if your opponent attacks with a stronger monster; you can't boost it. Though, this card is essentially a wall monster combined with Sanctuary; this card doesn't die by effect and even if you don't boost; you won't take damage because of Sanctuary + this card's first effect.

- Qua is just a card destroyer reliant on Sanctuary to be of much help. I would say that Star Seraphs could make this, but they'd rather make 3-mat Xyz and not sure if they'd run Sanctuary. Agents have Jupiter/Mercury to make this (though the latter isn't used often from what I've seen), alongside the generic Level 4 stuff they usually run. As a whole, it's a Rank 4 drop for Fairies/Agents, which isn't bad IMO.

It can also be splashed in non-Fairies for a generic 2300 ATK beater, but without an effect, it's essentially a weaker Pearl outside of Fairies/Sanctuary.

Ok, well, here we go:

Luna is a bit underpowered. The ATK is pretty much the upper limit for a level 5 syncro, but the effect doesn't do it justice. In most situations, it is a 2600-2700 ATK beatstick, and not more than that, since it supposed to be played alongside Master Hyperion.... a card which banished Agents from the grave and limits Luna's ATK gain anyways. Plus it is situational, requiring Sanctuary to be up on the field...

Look at the most used generic lvl 5 syncros: Catastor and Armades. Catastor has less ATK points, but outright destroys most monsters. Armades has no ATK boost, but it protects itself from a lot of traps and battle-phase spells. If we move out of the generic syncros, we have Shi En, which negates a S/T for free AND has a reliable 2500 ATK.

I suggest you increase Luna's protection effect when Hyperion is on the field...maybe it cannot be targeted by card effects as well as attacks? 

Sol is another lackluster syncro. It has marginally-better-than-average ATK (beats most lvl 6's 2400 and 2500 ATK), but it is very situational. You see, if I had Master Hyperion on the field, and Sol next to it... the attack-target protection effect is as good as useless, because if I could get over Sol, I'd be going for Hyperion anyway (2700 is not that far away from 2600). Also, the effect of returning a banished fairy to the grave is useful in concept, fuelling Hyperion... but in this game, you don't usually keep a big monster on the field for several turns. Sol's summon just put two fairies in the grave, giving enough fuel for a +2 from Hyperion's effect. I'd rather use my level 6 syncro for something other than fueling Hyperion for a hypothetical 3rd or 4th activation.

Aaaand there's that reliance on Sanctuary again. Why would I play a restricted 2600 ATK monster that requires Hyperion to be useful, when I could just play Goyo Guardian?

I suggest you remove the reliance on Sanctuary for both your syncros, and increase their protection effect while Hyperion is on the field. You should do as the game designers did: they allowed Agents to be played without Sanctuary, but added a second, more powerful effect when Sanctuary is on the field. That way your opponent won't cripple your deck with a single well-placed MST.

Entirity is just no.

First of all, the summoning condition is not crazy hard, but it is difficult enough to warrant people glossing over it. Bringing a lvl 5 and a lvl 6 syncro to the field in a non-syncro oriented deck that has only one themed tuner (Earth) is not something I want to be wasting my resources on. With those same resources, I could make a Star Eater and be done with it. 

Now, after you manage to summon Entirity from the Extra deck, you'll have a MINIMUM of 4 agents, 6 if your non-tuner materials was agents as well. This means Entirity is summoned with 4000-4200 ATK, more if you haven't been using Hyperion. Ok... that's actually a pretty decent reward for the summoning conditions. A big beatstick. Ok. Next effect is a copy/paste of Hyperion. Considering the grave you just set up, you've got fuel for 4-6 destructions, all while sitting behind a body the size of Obelisk. Then... then you go and give it target-immunity. I don't know if it's a good idea to give an attack-boosted Obelisk that can be special summoned from the Extra deck a once per turn destruction effect, but the end result is always the same: a bad card.

Enteritiy is an example of extreme condition/extreme reward. The conditions are extreme: you need to synchro summon twice two specific monsters of different level in a deck that has only one themed tuner, then you need to have Sanctuary faceup and protected, then dodge any summon negation and whatnot.... the end result is a game-breaking card which can wipe the field in a few turns and kill the opponent in two attacks. When you're done, and your opponent has wasted an MST on Sanctuary..... Call of the Haunted/Soul Charge can bring it back again!

I suggest you ease up the summoning restrictions (how about 1 "Agent" syncro + 1 "Agent" effect monster?) and lower the protection it has, either through lower ATK/being able to be targeted/being given a non-continuous protection. 

Collision of the sun and ... what? No. Getting Entirity on the field is bloody difficult enough, you want me to run a trap that only works when Entirity is on the field, netting me a.... 2600 ATK beater who's usefulness is restricted to when Sanctuary is on the field? How is this in any way better than Call of the Haunted? I'd rather run a card that protects my huge investment (Entirity) from the likely scenario when Sanctuary is NOT on the field.

Dua. No, again. 3 lvl 2 monsters is a huge investment. The ONLY time it will see play is after Venus was summoned for the first time in the duel. Imagine you use those Mystical Shine balls to make Dua. Ok. 1500/1500 with no protection or advantage creation (through battle/destruction/searching ect) is crap. Gachi has 2200 DEF, boosts Venus to 2000, protects itself twice and needs just two materials. Now, onto the burn effect. Dua is an early game card. There will very often be only ONE Agent already in the grave, usually the Earth you just searched the Venus with. Deatch 1 material, and you've dealt the huge amount of 200 DMG to your opponent. Oh, but only if you've got Sanctuary on the field. Yeah, in a deck that doesn't deal direct damage with any other card. 

Tra is not as useless and self-harming as Dua, bit it still fails to provide any reason why I'd play it over something like Ghostrick Alucard, Constellar Hyades, Levaiar (gets back my banished Agents), Zenmaines or even 49: Fortune Tune. Plus, Tra is difficult to summon in an Agents deck (there are practically no lvl 3 Agents, other than Venus and Mars, and playing it just because you have a Marshmallon is bad deck building). The bad stats are compensated by the fact that it can't be destroyed by battle, and the one-turn 2100 boost is interesting, but relying on Sanctuary once agin hinders its usefulness.

I'll say this again. Having an deck that relies on three cards is a bad idea, especially when that card doesn't protect itself and cannot be reused or added to your hand after being destroyed. 

Qua... Qua is actually good. It has nice ATK, it is easy to summon and actually sends the message that playing Sanctuary will give you free destruction effects. It would be nice to give it an effect outside of Sanctuary to decrease its extremely situational character.

How do you even make Fra? Two level 5 syncros? Which Agent is worth getting back from the grave? I know that 2700 ATK is good, but tis card has only one job, and it does it badly: It need... urgh, it needs Sanctuary on the field, only targets monsters in the grave (useless in early game then, conflicts with fueling Hyperion)... and of all the targets, none are worthwhile since they get their effects when normal summoned. The only useful targets are those Syncros.  

Look, you really need to do something about Sanctuary being on the field for all these effects to activate. Either you change that condition into something super easy to fulfill (Sanctuary in the grave, for example) or you make a bunch of effects that search Sanctuary and protect it while it is on the field... or you can do away with Sanctuary altogether, and make one of those 'this card is treated at Umi on the field'-type clones.

Ok, well, here we go:

Luna is a bit underpowered. The ATK is pretty much the upper limit for a level 5 syncro, but the effect doesn't do it justice. In most situations, it is a 2600-2700 ATK beatstick, and not more than that, since it supposed to be played alongside Master Hyperion.... a card which banished Agents from the grave and limits Luna's ATK gain anyways. Plus it is situational, requiring Sanctuary to be up on the field...

Look at the most used generic lvl 5 syncros: Catastor and Armades. Catastor has less ATK points, but outright destroys most monsters. Armades has no ATK boost, but it protects itself from a lot of traps and battle-phase spells. If we move out of the generic syncros, we have Shi En, which negates a S/T for free AND has a reliable 2500 ATK.

I suggest you increase Luna's protection effect when Hyperion is on the field...maybe it cannot be targeted by card effects as well as attacks? 

Sol is another lackluster syncro. It has marginally-better-than-average ATK (beats most lvl 6's 2400 and 2500 ATK), but it is very situational. You see, if I had Master Hyperion on the field, and Sol next to it... the attack-target protection effect is as good as useless, because if I could get over Sol, I'd be going for Hyperion anyway (2700 is not that far away from 2600). Also, the effect of returning a banished fairy to the grave is useful in concept, fuelling Hyperion... but in this game, you don't usually keep a big monster on the field for several turns. Sol's summon just put two fairies in the grave, giving enough fuel for a +2 from Hyperion's effect. I'd rather use my level 6 syncro for something other than fueling Hyperion for a hypothetical 3rd or 4th activation.

Aaaand there's that reliance on Sanctuary again. Why would I play a restricted 2600 ATK monster that requires Hyperion to be useful, when I could just play Goyo Guardian?

I suggest you remove the reliance on Sanctuary for both your syncros, and increase their protection effect while Hyperion is on the field. You should do as the game designers did: they allowed Agents to be played without Sanctuary, but added a second, more powerful effect when Sanctuary is on the field. That way your opponent won't cripple your deck with a single well-placed MST.

Entirity is just no.

First of all, the summoning condition is not crazy hard, but it is difficult enough to warrant people glossing over it. Bringing a lvl 5 and a lvl 6 syncro to the field in a non-syncro oriented deck that has only one themed tuner (Earth) is not something I want to be wasting my resources on. With those same resources, I could make a Star Eater and be done with it. 

Now, after you manage to summon Entirity from the Extra deck, you'll have a MINIMUM of 4 agents, 6 if your non-tuner materials was agents as well. This means Entirity is summoned with 4000-4200 ATK, more if you haven't been using Hyperion. Ok... that's actually a pretty decent reward for the summoning conditions. A big beatstick. Ok. Next effect is a copy/paste of Hyperion. Considering the grave you just set up, you've got fuel for 4-6 destructions, all while sitting behind a body the size of Obelisk. Then... then you go and give it target-immunity. I don't know if it's a good idea to give an attack-boosted Obelisk that can be special summoned from the Extra deck a once per turn destruction effect, but the end result is always the same: a bad card.

Enteritiy is an example of extreme condition/extreme reward. The conditions are extreme: you need to synchro summon twice two specific monsters of different level in a deck that has only one themed tuner, then you need to have Sanctuary faceup and protected, then dodge any summon negation and whatnot.... the end result is a game-breaking card which can wipe the field in a few turns and kill the opponent in two attacks. When you're done, and your opponent has wasted an MST on Sanctuary..... Call of the Haunted/Soul Charge can bring it back again!

I suggest you ease up the summoning restrictions (how about 1 "Agent" syncro + 1 "Agent" effect monster?) and lower the protection it has, either through lower ATK/being able to be targeted/being given a non-continuous protection. 

Collision of the sun and ... what? No. Getting Entirity on the field is bloody difficult enough, you want me to run a trap that only works when Entirity is on the field, netting me a.... 2600 ATK beater who's usefulness is restricted to when Sanctuary is on the field? How is this in any way better than Call of the Haunted? I'd rather run a card that protects my huge investment (Entirity) from the likely scenario when Sanctuary is NOT on the field.

Dua. No, again. 3 lvl 2 monsters is a huge investment. The ONLY time it will see play is after Venus was summoned for the first time in the duel. Imagine you use those Mystical Shine balls to make Dua. Ok. 1500/1500 with no protection or advantage creation (through battle/destruction/searching ect) is crap. Gachi has 2200 DEF, boosts Venus to 2000, protects itself twice and needs just two materials. Now, onto the burn effect. Dua is an early game card. There will very often be only ONE Agent already in the grave, usually the Earth you just searched the Venus with. Deatch 1 material, and you've dealt the huge amount of 200 DMG to your opponent. Oh, but only if you've got Sanctuary on the field. Yeah, in a deck that doesn't deal direct damage with any other card. 

Tra is not as useless and self-harming as Dua, bit it still fails to provide any reason why I'd play it over something like Ghostrick Alucard, Constellar Hyades, Levaiar (gets back my banished Agents), Zenmaines or even 49: Fortune Tune. Plus, Tra is difficult to summon in an Agents deck (there are practically no lvl 3 Agents, other than Venus and Mars, and playing it just because you have a Marshmallon is bad deck building). The bad stats are compensated by the fact that it can't be destroyed by battle, and the one-turn 2100 boost is interesting, but relying on Sanctuary once agin hinders its usefulness.

I'll say this again. Having an deck that relies on three cards is a bad idea, especially when that card doesn't protect itself and cannot be reused or added to your hand after being destroyed. 

Qua... Qua is actually good. It has nice ATK, it is easy to summon and actually sends the message that playing Sanctuary will give you free destruction effects. It would be nice to give it an effect outside of Sanctuary to decrease its extremely situational character.

How do you even make Fra? Two level 5 syncros? Which Agent is worth getting back from the grave? I know that 2700 ATK is good, but tis card has only one job, and it does it badly: It need... urgh, it needs Sanctuary on the field, only targets monsters in the grave (useless in early game then, conflicts with fueling Hyperion)... and of all the targets, none are worthwhile since they get their effects when normal summoned. The only useful targets are those Syncros.  

Look, you really need to do something about Sanctuary being on the field for all these effects to activate. Either you change that condition into something super easy to fulfill (Sanctuary in the grave, for example) or you make a bunch of effects that search Sanctuary and protect it while it is on the field... or you can do away with Sanctuary altogether, and make one of those 'this card is treated at Umi on the field'-type clones.

Thanks for the criticism! I've actually been looking for that. I also thought about having effects outside of the need for Sanctuary.

I tried not to make these cards over-powered and it worrying too much about it I have made them under-powered.

I really wanted to make some card based off the new Agent "The Agent of Entropy- Uranus", who is a Level 5 Tuner that can make himself any Level of another Agent by sending it from the deck to graveyard. He is definitely Synchro based. But I see a lot of what your saying and will definitely be making edits. Thank you.

Thanks for the criticism! I've actually been looking for that. I also thought about having effects outside of the need for Sanctuary.

I tried not to make these cards over-powered and it worrying too much about it I have made them under-powered.

I really wanted to make some card based off the new Agent "The Agent of Entropy- Uranus", who is a Level 5 Tuner that can make himself any Level of another Agent by sending it from the deck to graveyard. He is definitely Synchro based. But I see a lot of what your saying and will definitely be making edits. Thank you.

Yah, sorry, I really didn't take into account Uranus. 

Luna - Not sure what that 2nd effect really means? Like you can attack the card you destroyed? Just seems kinda weird/off. Might wanna change it to something like it can attack all monster your opponent controls once each or something similar but that's just me. 

Sol - "your side of the field" :p

Entirity - Don't think you need the (from your Extra Deck) part there since all Fusion monsters start in the Extra Deck. And the 2nd effect is a bit off. Should read

"Once per turn: You can Tribute 1 Fairy-Type monsters, then target 1 card your opponent controls; destroy that target." although the way you worded it makes me think you didn't want it to target so 

"Once per turn: You can Tribute 1 Fairy-Type monsters; destroy 1 card your opponent controls."

would be the way to go.

Dua - I think you should add the words "after that" to the 2nd effect so people would know when they gain the Life Points.

Tra  - "Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz material from this card; this card gains 500 ATK until the End Phase"

Fra - cards in the Deck (as well as in the hand) cannot be targeted. Just change it to add 1 Field Spell from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand and I think it'll be good.

Luna - Not sure what that 2nd effect really means? Like you can attack the card you destroyed? Just seems kinda weird/off. Might wanna change it to something like it can attack all monster your opponent controls once each or something similar but that's just me. 

Sol - "your side of the field" :P

Entirity - Don't think you need the (from your Extra Deck) part there since all Fusion monsters start in the Extra Deck. And the 2nd effect is a bit off. Should read

"Once per turn: You can Tribute 1 Fairy-Type monsters, then target 1 card your opponent controls; destroy that target." although the way you worded it makes me think you didn't want it to target so 

"Once per turn: You can Tribute 1 Fairy-Type monsters; destroy 1 card your opponent controls."

would be the way to go.

Dua - I think you should add the words "after that" to the 2nd effect so people would know when they gain the Life Points.

Tra  - "Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz material from this card; this card gains 500 ATK until the End Phase"

Fra - cards in the Deck (as well as in the hand) cannot be targeted. Just change it to add 1 Field Spell from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand and I think it'll be good.

Thanks for the help. I'll edit them soon

• 2 weeks later...

Archived