[Finished]Ascension | Done

BatMed

Hi guys, welcome to my 2nd Contest 

Fairy-type Archetypes, or "The Sanctuary in the Sky" series, need some love, it is a pity that they didn't make a support for them (well, excluding "Uranus" cause 1 card isn't enough)...

**Requirement**

Make 3 or 2 cards that support "The Sanctuary in the Sky" series, support either the Archlords, Darklords, The Agents, Counter Fairies or/and Life Point (ATK boost) Fairies.

Rules:

Entry fee is your rank x 10 (max 50). Donations are welcome.

Contest ends on August 17th.

You must Post your card before the Deadline.

No joke cards or pop-culture cards.

If you want to judge, you must have already passed the exam, and if you do, PM me and please include your criteria. (only 1 Judge needed)

Prizes:

1st Place:  60% of the pot + 3 Reps

2nd Place: 30% of the pot + 2 Reps

3rd Place: 10% of the pot + 1 Rep

Pot: 1240 (Thanks to Aqua, Cat Sith and hexcalibrate for their donations)

Judges:

**Me:

--------------------------

Picture + name: 10

Creativity: 20

Effect and theme: 40

Balance: 30

(Total: 100)

​--------------------------

for written cards:

Creativity: 30

Contestants:  (Blue names = Cards are posted)

krakonfour

Dramatic Crossroad

Cat Sith

DarkLordSpyro
-Aqua-
MiniCrat
Fire Fist Moralltach
hexcalibrate
josholche

Winners

1st Place: -Aqua-

2nd Place: WizCC

3rd Place: Dramatic Crossroad

I'll join too.

Entry: 6UCbgMT.jpg

If you control face-up "Darklord" monster, this card can be Normal Summoned by Tributing 1 monster you control. Twice per turn: You can discard 1 card; increase the Level of this monster by 1. Once per turn, during your End Phase: You can pay 800 Life Points; Special Summon 1 "Darklord" monster from your hand or Graveyard with lower Level then this card's current Level, then reduce this card's Level by 2. Monsters Summoned by this card's effect are destroyed during the End Phase of your next turn.

czu2Qgt.jpg

This card can only be activated while you control Fairy-Type or DARK monsters. Once per turn you can discard 1 card: target 1 DARK Fairy-Type monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it then destroy cards up to the number of the Tributes that card needs for Tribute Summon of it. If there are no Fairy-Type or DARK monsters on your side of the field; shuffle this card to the Deck.

I think i'll join, sending points in a moment

I'll join too.

I love "The Sanctuary in the Sky" cards. I think I will join this.

I think I'll join this as well, Fairy-Type is one of my specialty after all.

Added to the Contestants List ^^

So I'm guessing you will be penalized if you enter with a written card, then? Which I think is stupid, but whatever.

no that one is only for cards with image, for written cards:

So what if I enter a written card and provide artwork as well?

That will be stupid, why won't you make the card then ?? ><

no that one is only for cards with image, for written cards:

That will be stupid, why won't you make the card then ?? ><

That's a helpful thing to have in the OP.

Oh, I don't know, no access to Pendulum Templates?

I'm joining… I think.

I doubt i'll have a lot of free time the next few days/weeks, so i had to hurry and make the cards:

[spoiler=Euridite the Explorer]

ng6kif.jpg

Euridite The Explorer

[ Fairy / Effect ]

Once per turn, during either player's turn after resolving a Chain in which you activated a Counter Trap Card: You can target 1 Fairy-Type monster you control; Special Summon (from your hand) 1 Level 4 LIGHT Fairy-Type monster: with combined value of ATK and DEF equal to that of the target's OR with ATK and DEF both 100 points either lower or higher than that of the target.

ATK/1500 DEF/1600

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Iophien Questor of the Sky]

v75a94.jpg

Iophien, Questor of the Sky

[ Fairy / Effect ] 

When this card is Summoned: You can banish 2 Fairy-Type Monsters from your Graveyard; add 1 Counter Trap Card from your Graveyard to your hand, and if "Sanctuary in the Sky" is face-up on the field, you can immediately Set that card. You can only use this effect once per turn. 

ATK / 1700  DEF/1100

[/spoiler]

And added a 3rd card:

[spoiler= The Garden in the Sky]

f1wdc6.jpg

The Garden in the Sky (TRAP)

[Continuous Trap Card]

During your opponent's Battle Phase, you can negate a number of your opponent's attacks up to the number of Counter Trap Cards you activated during the turn. Once per turn, during your Standby Phase, if you control "The Sanctuary in the Sky": you can banish 1 Fairy-Type monster from your hand; draw 1 card, and if you control "The Fountain in the Sky" draw 1 additional card.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler= Additional Info]

As it might be obvious, i've decided to give a boost to Counter Fairies. "Euridite the Explorer" (supposed to be pun on Erudite, as well as counterpart of "Layard the Liberator") is intended to help swarm the field with Counter Fairies:

Type 1, whose combined ATK and DEF are equal: 

• Harvest 1800/1000 ---> 2800
  • Iophien 1700/1100 ---> 2800
  • Meltiel 1600/1200 ---> 2800

Type 2 are (+100 ATK/DEF)

• Layard 1400/1500
  • Euridite 1500/ 1600
  • Artemis 1600/1700.

Iophien is designed to recycle Counter Traps, since Harvest is indeed useful, but not extremely reliable, while at the same time putting Layard into much more use. I might have set an OP Counter loop there, but i think the limitation on its activation should be enough, since both monsters have less ATK and DEF than most staples.  

P.S. I did use artwork from other cards, but i think i've edited them quite a lot to be considered "the same image". 

[/spoiler] 

it's been a while since I've made cards, here are my entry's

[Spoiler='Consisted Uriel']

gLpiPFA.jpg
Cannot be Normal Summoned/set. When a face-up Fairy-type monster is destroyed by your opponent's card (either by battle or card effect) and sent to your Graveyard: You can Special Summon this card from your hand. Cannot be used as Synchro or Fusion Material for a Summon. While this card is face-up on the field, it cannot be Tributed. All face-up monsters gain 200 ATK and DEF for each Counter Trap in their controller's Graveyard. When this card in your possession is destroyed by your opponent's card (either by battle or card effect) and sent to your Graveyard: Special Summon this card in face-up attack position, to your opponent's side of the field. You can only control 1 face-up "Consisted Uriel".

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler='The Sanctuary on the Mountain']

pxKgR9i.jpg

This face-up card is treated as "The Sanctuary in the Sky". During the End Phase, if you activated a Counter Trap Card, draw 1 card, then, if it is a level 4 or lower fairy-type Monster, you can return 1 Counter Trap card from your Graveyard to the bottom of your deck.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Entries:']spvx1j.jpg

Spell Effect:

(This card is treated as ”Sanctuary in the Sky” while face-up on the field). You can only Special Summon Fairy-type monsters. Once per turn, during either player’s turn, if a Fairy-type monster you control destroys a monster by battle: You can target up to 3 of your banished Fairy-type monsters; Special Summon 1 of them, then return the rest to the Graveyard.
Monster Effect:
You can only activate the effect of "The Agent of Momentum - Moon" once per duel. You can tribute this face-up card; Negate the Special Summon of a monster, and if you do: Special Summon 1 Fairy-type monster from your Graveyard.

The Agent of Light - Sun

Fairy/Pendulum/Effect

LIGHT

2800/2400

Red Pendulum Scale: 3

Blue Pendulum Scale: 3

Spell Effect:

(This card is treated as "The Sanctuary in the Sky" while face-up on the field). You can only Special Summon Fairy-type monsters. During your Draw Phase, if this card is in the Graveyard and you control a "The Sanctuary in the Sky": You can place this card in an unoccupied Pendulum Zone on your side of the field instead of a normal draw.
Monster Effect:
While this card remains face-up on the field, Monsters cannot be flipped face-down. During either player's turn, if you control a face-up "Sanctuary in the Sky" and a Fairy-type monster you control would be destroyed by a card effect: You can banish 1 Fairy-type monster in your Graveyard instead. You can only activate this effect of "The Agent of Light - Sun" once per turn.

[/spoiler]

Provided image for one of them, because I really liked that image.

Here are my submissions:

[spoiler='Sanctuary Daisey']

fVPZHcG.jpg

Sanctuary Daisey, Level 2, Fairy-Type / LIGHT / ATK 600 / DEF 1000

While "The Sanctuary in the Sky" is face-up on the field, this card can attack your opponent directly.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Sanctuary Lilly']

oK0VSCb.jpg

Sanctuary Lilly, Level 3, Fairy-Type / LIGHT / ATK 900 / DEF 1000

Once per turn, "The Sanctuary in the Sky" cannot be destroyed by card effects. While "The Sanctuary in the Sky" is face-up on the field, this card cannot be destroyed by battle.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Sanctuary Rose']

karJ443.jpg

Sanctuary Rose, Level 5, Fairy-Type / LIGHT / ATK 1800 / DEF 1000

Once per turn, while "The Sanctuary in the Sky" is face-up on the field, when your opponent targets a Fairy-type Monster you control for an attack, you can target a different Fairy-Type Monster you control; that card is the attack target instead.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='More Info']I decided to have these cards have effects based on having "The Sanctuary in the Sky" on the field because I feel that it could be potentially competitive as well as fun to use. They don't fit into any other sets, but I thought that we could use new fairy archetypes anyways.[/spoiler]

Archived