Anime School [IC- PG-13+]

Draconus297

Morrigan contemplated the headmaster. She was certain that the last part of his statement was neither a cocky show of power, nor was it out of anger. It was more unsettling. It was true confidence in his abilities. She remembered an old family friend, Bill O'Conner. He was also a merc, and had worked both with and in competition with her father. He was around 6'6", a behemoth of a man, and was the only person who could beat her father in a drinking contest. He sounded much like the headmaster; not angry, not cocky, just completely sure of himself. Inadvertently, Morrigan began to smirk. This man before her was so much greater that this room. This school. He intrigued her.

When she realized that she was smirking, she coughed and went back to being serious. "My apologies, you just remind me of someone I once knew, back in Ireland." She looked at the headmaster. His shark-like eyes didn't cause her discomfort; her eyes were not true either. This man was completely wrong to look at, much like her. This was a mere veil that he wore. She would probably never know his true identity, or his real face, but this was the case with most hits. You never know your employer truly.

She blinked, minimizing all of the danger and error messages that had been brought up. She needed to review these later. "As to your offer, I accept. However, I need three things of you to make my job easier." She smiled. "Think of it as a down-payment. Honestly, I am not to interested as to who ordered the hit, and I do not need to know the why. I just need the target's name. So, my first request," she raised a finger on her left hand, "is that you promise, as soon as I have completed your task, that the name of my target is revealed to me, along with their relevant files. The second," again, raising another finger, "is that I have access to all the relevant files concerning Nakamura Isshiki, Julius Springfield and Rumika Yui. Just so that I can identify the fault-lines between them. And finally," she raised her ring finger, "I require complete diplomatic immunity whilst I am a student at this school, at least until I have completed both of our tasks." She put her arm down, and started to type up the note in Burdock. "I will be able to complete this task soon, Headmaster." She bowed her head slightly out of respect.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Headmaster smirked. "Excellent. The perfect person for the job- I knew it was a great plan to send you an invitation."

He stretched, allowing an echoing series of rattling pops to fill the room. "As for the information about your targets, you must understand that your viewpoint on the world is wrong in one essential respect- there were, at one point, powerful beings we now know as Divinities. It was their power that brought humanity to its position, and it was their responsibility to one another to ensure a kind of balance. There are only three Divinities that have yet to fade into nonexistence- the Cup-Bearer, who gets his power from the continuing hopes of those in servitude; the Youth Goddess, who used to gain power from belief in her existence and tribute to her, but she now steals tribute meant for long-dead Divinities; and the Ferryman, who collects the souls of the dead and feeds on the anguish they experienced in life. All three go to this school, Ms. Dougherty, and as such I expect you to be versed in the concept of 'functioning immortality'- they cannot be killed by any means except by running out of Divine Energy."

The Headmaster sighed. "Now that that is over and done with, I will explain the relevant tidbits of information on each of the three people you must keep tabs on. First, Nakamura Isshiki has a deal with the Ferryman to not collect his soul until he becomes eight centuries in age. So, in a sense, Isshiki will die, but his soul will take control of his body again. That man is now approximately 30% cybernetic to make up for the serious damage he has sustained. In addition, due to his . . . unique position where the United Nations are concerned, every human military that is part of the UN is at his beck and call. He is to always be considered a threat."

"Secondly, " the Headmaster continued, "we come to Julius. He is half-demon- I forget if it was his mother or father that was the mortal human, and I frankly don't care. He is a Lightning Elemental- deadly fast, nine times as strong as he appears, and capable of obliterating technological items at a glance. Worse yet, he has trained in nearly every fighting style known to man, and as such is highly unpredictable. Due to his sense for electronic devices, he can see straight through technological camouflage like your Mirage Chip, can detect and disable bugging devices instantly, and seems to take glee in turning machines on and off at will. Be careful about him."

"Lastly, " the Headmaster added with a grimace, "we come to Rumika Yui- better known to some as the Youth Goddess. She has declared a desire to live like a normal human being, and to do so she constantly wears a Sylph Lock to conceal her Divine Radiance. If she didn't wear it, even a skeptic such as yourself would be overcome with a desire to serve her and do whatever she asked, simply to curry her favor. She is an annoying, snooping person, always somehow ten steps ahead despite not using her Divine magic. She has demolished several previous attempts for me to reach my goals, so I regard her as a nuisance. Do your absolute best to keep her in the dark."

The Headmaster grinned evilly. "Should you accomplish the Herculean feat I've set before you, I will gladly provide you with anything you feel you need for your assassination."

---------

Izanagi nodded, and formed a wavy line in midair that glowed. "I swear upon the Styx that I will do everything in my power to aid you until the deal is fulfilled, and I beg the Lethe to leave my memories of this intact."

Sakura finally broke personal space- she grabbed Izanagi by the hem of her sundress. "Izanagi-san, this is a bad idea. If you don't meet in the garden, how can I be sure she won't kill you at the first available opportunity?"

Izanagi smiled. "Sakura-chan, I cannot stay in your garden forever. You will have to trust my judgement."

Sakura looked as if she were about to cry, and glared viciously at Vienna. "If Mother is hurt by you in the slightest, I will spread word, and every plant, animal, and minor demon in the world will hate you and actively make your life miserable at every opportunity. Do I make myself clear, you stupid cat?"

"Hmm..." Morrigan pondered the quandary set before her. Whilst she still didn't believe in the hocus-pocus of it all, she did recognize that the task before her was monumental. Effectively, she had to set two deities against each other, whilst making sure that a third does not get involved in any way. Truly, she would need some sort of help on this case. And, since this took priority over her original hit, for the time being at least, she would have to focus on this task. She had started to formulate a plan already, but decided not to share it with the Headmaster. Her reasoning was that, if this Rumika was able to get in the way of his schemes so easily, then she must be able to read his mind, if not be able to read him perfectly and anticipate his moves. Thus, if she kept it from him, she kept it from her. She would only share the necessities with him for now.
"Very well, Headmaster. I shall complete this task for you. I would like to be transferred over to the class of Julius Springfield for tomorrow's class, for reconnaissance reasons. He may be able to detect that I am part cybernetic, but since I will be in his class he will not be able to take action upon this without fear of your retribution. Easily disguise it as a fault in paperwork, then correct it the day after. I only need one day to collect notes. On paper, of course; if he can detect technology, then he can read it too. By deactivating all but basic sight for my eyes, and recording it all on a notebook, I would minimize the risk of detection by at least 84.7%.
"The only thing I need now is the schematics of Nakamura's bionics sent to my address. There is a girl in my class who seems like she has a great wealth of technological knowledge. A boy, too. One of them should be able to replicate his bionics with ease. Then, by the end of next week, there should be enough of a rift created for me to act, and cause an all out war between them."
She bowed her head, placing Burdock back into her bag, and activating the Mirage Chip. There was some white noise, proceeded by the pixilated generation of her 'skin'. She looked back up at him. "I will not understand your motives, but it is not my place to ask." She turned and walked over to the door. "Do you wish me to send in the next student after me, or should I get straight to work?"

Vienna glared at Sakura, but her face expressed extreme boredom. She grabs a piece of paper and gives it to Sakura. It reads only a number, 24198. "If something happens, that's your position in the list of people who wants me dead. I'm barely dealing with the number 3000, so it means you have a long wait to do." Awkward silence. "Yeah, I know it looks like a bad joke, but there are so many things to do in the modern world that I need to keep a tab of everything." She then looks at the garden. "Believe me, the magical essence of a true huntress, specially one who had been accumulating mgical energy for over a millennium, is the last thing you want to keep nearby this garden, unless you want the energy that keeps this place safe fading in just a shot." She gives Izanagi another paper, this one with an address. "That is the Shrine of Amaterasu. If you go there with a white yukata and a bowl of uncooked rice as an offering, she'll let you stay there for the day, but you'll have to leave for the night. There, I'll take my sister to give you her soul and once we come back here, you may eat her body, whose nutrients are still strong enough for you to feed and recover your strength."

The Headmaster nodded, taking the information in. "I suppose I can accomplish that much for you. This seems to have gone even better than expected. I will warn you, however, that Rumika Yui is . . . frigid. To get her to cooperate, you may need to indulge her hobbies. She tends to the botanical garden during lunch and after the school day has ended. Perhaps talking to her during one of those times would get you an understanding of how she works."

He waved a hand dismissively. "Send the next person in."

--------

Sakura narrowed her eyes angrily. "I'm serious. My mother is all I have. Should you harm her, you will never be safe. Every plant in the world will be tipping off the most dangerous demons I can think of."

Izanagi put a hand on the young Hamadryad's shoulder. "Even if you are legitimately trying to protect me, threats will not hold up very well. Try being nicer."

Sakura displayed a visible effort at swallowing her pride, and took a knee. "Please, Hunter, keep my mother safe from harm. I need to see her again. Without her . . . I would have been uprooted before I could even flower. I'm going to bear fruit this year, I can feel it, and I want her to have my first one. Please . . . bring her back safe."

Vienna saw this and smiled softly, placing her hand softly on her cheek. "Cry not, young flower, for I'll bring her back to your haven before sun dies down. It's my promise." She stands up and now directs at Izanagi- Izanagi-Sensei, it would be helpful if we do this immediately. There may be little time otherwise and we can only be at the Shrine of Amaterasu until dawn." Vienna looked at the sky, wondering about all that was happening right now. "You know, when I woke up this morning, I never thought I was gonna be in a rush to feed my big sister to a plant-like demon that teaches at my school or discover that I can't swim for the life of me." She sighs in distress. "Also, my parents will ground me for life if they find out, so we better be careful."

Morrigan nodded. "As you wish, sir," and left the room. When the door closed behind her, she automatically reached into her bag and checked her wireless communicator. "Did you hear everything, Uncle?" There was a sigh on the other end on the receiver. "Sorry, kid. The damn thing cut out before I even got to hear the headmaster talk." Morrigan nodded, and switched the com off. This was to be expected, of course. He seemed like a powerful man, and as such he needed relatively good defenses against espionage as well as actual physical harm. Oh well, she still had her eyes, and all the error messages. as well as the conversation, were all stored in them. She began to walk back to class.

Morrigan entered the room to find the one-eyed boy, Crow, was still staring at Marie. It seemed she had managed to at least get out a sentence that didn't revolve around shouting. It was time to diffuse the situation. She walked up to Marie, and standing to her side, simply tapped her shoulder. "The Headmaster wishes to see you now." She then looked into Crow's one eye. He seemed to be brimming with incorrectness, but it was a type she could believe in. Loss. Hatred. All things she had experienced. But, whilst she got over it, he didn't seem to be able to. Perhaps he was a benefit to her cause. She strolled up beside him, and said in a low tone "I can help you achieve your goals." She looked dead ahead; that way it would look more like he had instigated the fight instead of her. If one happened, that is.

Crow didn't show any interest or reaction to Marie's act. Suddenly, someone tapped Marie's shoulder "The Headmaster wishes to see you now."  "Thanks, I have to go now, bay Crow" She left the classroom and started to thought "Are the rumors right? Does the headmaster know everything about us? but it was right , how could he !! after all, I am a Seraphim... in heaven's sake, how can he know my past ?"

She finally reached the headmaster's office, when she opened the door, she saw a "men in white" who was sitting waiting for her entry, and once she did she bowed for him... then, she started to feel .. weird, like if she was in home, the headmaster's office atmosphere was ... kind of sacred and holy ... She raised her head, and looked at him ... then suddenly she fall in the ground, she can't hold her human form due to that atmosphere... she started to transform into her Seraphim form, she unleashed an amount of Divine Radiance that was enough to illuminate all the school. Few seconds later, the transformation achieved, Marie then tried to look through the headmaster's mind, but she failed, all what she can sense is absolute purity and Light. Marie looked at the headmaster's eyes "What are you ?"

Sakura narrowed her eyes. "I . . . I have no choice but to believe you." She turned away, and began walking back towards her tree. "I'll open a Root Door for you."

With that, one of the cherry tree's roots reached upwards and formed a large doorway, leading directly to the Shrine.

Izanagi smiled. "Thank you, Sakura-chan. I will try to find some top-notch fertilizer while I am away."

Sakura grinned as she reentered her tree. "Thanks, Mom."

Izanagi looked at Vienna. "Well, I suppose we could leave now. I have a very good decoy in place."

---------

The Headmaster's presence was highly familiar to Marie, as if she'd met him before. "Hello, my lovely little Seraphim. Don't bother accessing Divine Radiance in my presence- it only wastes your energy, and you cannot Enthrall a Divinity. You should know that by now, pet."

He smiled lightly. "So how go things with your sisters and brothers? I assume everything has gone well?"

He shook his head, laughing. "No, no, I jest, it doesn't really matter at this point. You're here, and that is what makes a difference. As you probably know by this point, there are enough demons here to make up a menagerie. How is this . . . affecting you?"

The dove in the birdcage let out a massive, guffawing laugh.

The Headmaster gave the bird a glare, and it shut up immediately.

---------

Nakamura looked out over his new students, and adjusted his uniform. Something about how the Dougherty girl had come back into the room . . . unsettled him. She wasn't shaken up, like the Headmaster had said, but instead came with a powerfully defined purpose.

It just didn't feel right.

Worse yet, two of the students who had gone out simply hadn't returned. Then there was the fact that Rumika Yui was on hallway patrol . . .

Nakamura allowed himself a heaving sigh to let out the tension from all the things makng him nervous.

It was at that point that the absolute worst thing that could happen at that moment did. Rumika Yui was back in the classroom, her violet eyes affixing him witha solid glare.

"I have reason to believe that several of your students are of XvI caliber," Yui stated with her unnatural calm. "I hope you don't mind if I sit in and examine your students with a simple Aura Test."

Yui for "stand aside, I'm gonna scan your students, and if you stop me there'll be hell to pay."

Vienna nodded as she grabbed a pair of white yukatas and two bowls of uncooked rice. "Izanagi-sensei, we may need to get onto these before we go in there. Amaterasu will appreciate it if we do. She changed clothes rapidly into the white yukata, putting the rest back in her bookbag, then grabbed one of the two bowl of rice and, breathing deeply, went by the portal. At entering the shrine, winds began to blow, circling her. After a while, the wind died down. "Amaterasu left me in. Let's go, Izanagi-sensei, we can't waste time. We must get all ready before I bring my sister." She looked at the white tree in the middle of the shrine and sighed. "I hope the heavens forgive me for what I'm about to do..."

"So many sinners are going to be banned ... after all... I'm Azriel, Archlord of Vengeance, however, I will try not to ban them unless someone cross his limits, and you know the rest" As She finished her words, she got back to her human form "I had no attention to tempt you, your holy seals was the reason why I transform into my holy form, you should know that... However, I'm here just to make people's life better, freed them form Darkness that stroll beneath us ... This is my mission...  After I had fallen down, those were the last word I heard from my master" She sighed and then she looked at his eyes and said with her British vexed accent "By the way, why did you fall down from heaven ?"  

The Headmaster grinned. "Fall from heaven? Oh no, I never fell from heaven. I am here of my own free will. You know as well as I do that you cannot force a Divinity" Marie felt an aura near identical to her master's, if restrained, "into something they do not wish to do."

He yawned. "So that is truly all you wish? No will besides that which is forced upon you?" The Headmaster sighed. "That's depressing. So very depressing. Here's what I recommend: find something for yourself. Get a hobby, get a significant other, join a club . . . do something."

"Otherwise," he added with a sly, mishievous grin, "I may have to push you into one."

---------

Izanagi dressed herself in moments with help from her vines, but looked highly uncomfortable. "My vines hurt, trying to force them into this restrictive human clothing."

She walked through the Door, taking in a tense breath. "I am glad Sakura was able to put her Door inside the barriers of the Shrine, elsewise we would not have been able to do this at all. I love the nature of Nature Magic- disobeying the laws of all but true Divine magic."

Vienna smiles at her remark, as the winds circle her and ultimately die down, showing Amaterasu's acceptance with her being at the place. "I'm so sorry for your discomnfort, but it's a must if we're to stay here. My sister lives nearby. I guess we can find her and-"

"And what, little sister?" The voice had undertones of ages in it. Vienna shocked as she saw her older sister behind her. "Well, Misato-chan, aren't you gonna introduce me to your fellow?"

Vienna was shocked of seeing her here. "Oh, Hikari-neechan, I..." She was pretty nervous, considering her mission and the surprise of having her sister already here. "I... Izanagi-Sensei, my sister Hikari. Hikari-neechan, teacher Izanagi-sensei of Bōken Academy. She, um-"

"It's nice to see you're upholding to your studies, Misato-chan, although I dunno if a parasitic ritual may be accepted as part of the course." Vienna wanted to reply, but her sister stopped her by raising her hand, showing a soft smile. "Misato-chan, I know you well enough to know when you're desperate. While your consideration of my well being is admirable, you're not doing this out of your purity of heart, right?

Vienna looked down in shame. "Gomen, Hikari-neechan, I... I just wanted to finally be able to live as I want. Not as an assasin bound to an oath I was never in agree with, fighting beings I don't hate by reasons that are beyond my own lifetime. I wanted to live my own life, as a normal being, or close enough. I just wanted to-" She got stopped by her sister grabbing her hand and a knife. She wanted to struggle from it, but her sister was stronger than it looked. "Hikari-neechan, what are you-?" She cut her wrist enough to let some blood fall from it. "Huh? What-?"

"You need your own blood to make this ritual, right?" Hikari's face was pretty warm and welcoming, as if she were in agree with the whole deal.

Marie knew that she cannot challenge the headmaster, since he was strong as her creator, she was aware that she wouldn't survive if the "DIVINE" headmaster was her rival "Actually I already have a hobby, my fellow angels always called me "the chorus of Eden", I would be happy if I could join a musical club here" However, Mari had other plans in her mind, she will make sure that nothing will stop here from fulfilling her objectives, after all, her creator has make an eye on her since her first day on Earth, he wouldn't let anything bad happens to her... She started to remember the day when the Celestial Judges decide to ban her to live on earth until the End of the universe, her master approach and erase her tears, "Don't worry my little Azriel, I will be always there for you, and remember, we will be united in the End after the Judgment day, you just have to be patient... and while residing Earth, just make sure that you will be our Nemesis there and punish all the sinners" ...

Izanagi raised a curious eyebrow. "This is going in directions I did not expect." She gave Hikari a look that betrayed just how ill and tired she had become. "Are you absolutely sure about this, Maiden of the Shrine of Amaterasu? This is not a process I can undo, and very few sorcerers exist that have golem magic developed to the point where they could give you a body again, and few of those would work willingly with me."

She entwined her vines around a few columns to support herself, no longer caring that it would give her away. "I completely understand if you would refuse."

---------

The Headmaster gave a dreamlike smile- not the deeply furrowing kind of true joy, but not tight-lipped kind of insincerity. "Well, sadly the Beautiful Music Club disbanded, having only two of its required five members, but I'm sure you could help reinstate it with three other students."

He sighed. "If that is all you can say to me, then I permit you to go. Send the next student in after you."

Hikari smiled softly as she looked at the white tree. "I had taken care of Amaterasu since that fated day where I decided to give my hunting life for good. I had been guiding lost souls for a long time and doing all in my power to help my family escape their bonds to this world, despite not being a hunter any more."

Vienna was a bit worried. "Hikari-neechan..."

Hikari's smile became sadder as it went. "However, our clan had stopped being good on the fight centuries ago. The demons are becoming stronger as we speak and the only ones actively fighting them due to their, ahem... "origin"... are only the two of us. I'm not a young spunky warrior anymore and you had been on the fray for less than 5 years and that's not enough time. That said, I guess we can't uphold our promises anymore. So, I'll let you rip my soul from my body so your friend can feast on it." Her tone becomes more stern. "In exchange, I want you to eat my soul and stab yourself in the heart as you do."

Vienna shocks. "Okay, what?!"

Hikari looks at the tree again. "If you do that, your soul will corrupt totally by your Hell Seal and you'll become a true demon. The Heretic Seal will fade, but you'll have to clear the other seals yourself." Vienna thinks a bit and then it dawns on her. "That's right, Vienna, I will sacrifice myself for the plan B."

Vienna looks at Izanagi, still a bit surprised. "Izanagi-sensei, I... Hikari-neechan and I were discussing on how to fix my seals and one of the ideas was for me to fully become a devil and throw everything by the window. It seemed heartless then, but..."

Hikari directed to Izanagi again. "First than all, I would like to apologize to your kind, not in the name of my race, but in my own name. I used to think like other demon hunters do, that monsters are only here to do as humans please, either as ingredients or trophies. When my sister became a daemon, however, I found myself unable to see her as something else than my own blood, despite the fact she was no human anymore. My family's rage increased and mine as well, but seeing her, sleeping for what I thought it was an eternity, I found myself in an impasse. 'Is it actually as simple as we were thought?' was my main thought. That's why I left the hunting and became a real miko, helping those that needed to find their way and taking care of the house Amaterasu left in Earth for us. However, my previous pack, marked with the blood of monsters I killed in the past, kept haunting me."  She looked down. "Whis is why I think I need to be punished and I think you two should do it. Izanagi-san... Vienna-chan... please, let this old maiden die and the legacy of blood of the Sakunara clan die in oblivion."

Izanagi, in a moment of clarity, nodded. "I suppose a Demon Hunter forced to hunt her own family would be placed under much stress. I am glad, however, that you saw the light and decided to leave us to our own devices. While some of us are terrible creatures, like the evil Orcs from the West, most of us sstrike only to feed or defend ourselves. We would never hunt any group of humans to extinction- like you have done with us and one another. I will accept your tribute to atone fo your personal wrongs, and I will paint your family in a more positive light in what remains of the Log of Echidnae."

She unfurled her vines to their fullest length, and bifurcated her head- splitting it to accomodate the massive prey she needed to sustain herself. "I am ready when you are, Demon Hunters."

Vienna nods and pulls out a bit of pollen from her robes. "I will need my demon form for this..." She dusts herself, triggering her transformation, as she proceeds to use her blood from the cut done before to make the seal on her sister's back, just as she got it done on hers. "It's a complicated seal, will take a little more..."

After 20 minutes of the blood drying in Hikari's body, a drawback of using it in a matured hunter, and drawing troubles steming from Vienna's lack of talent to draw, it was done.

"Okay, I'm gonna do the chant now. Ready, Hikari-neechan? Izanagi-Sensei, better stand back a bit, this may burn a little." She begins to chant in a forbidden tongue, the same tongue her own seals use, and a circle of fire forms around the sisters, as Hikari's soul pour from her back bit by bit, directing into Vienna's own seal at her back. It's a painful and slow process for both as Hikari is barely able to stay on her feet and Vienna keeps chanting and feeling her own soul burning of the burden of the sin she was actually committing. The sky is darkening by the storm clouds gathering in place, with only a beam of light enveloping the dieing priestess and her demonic little sister, as if Amaterasu herself were overseeing the ritual.

Marie, staring at the headmaster with a sad glare, was about to leave, but then she was paralyzed for few seconds, then she turn around and put her hands on the headmaster's desk... "Think I shall offer my services to you" she retreat few steps back, and bow for the headmaster, she raise her head and adds "After all, how can a divinity establish his "business" without his right hand, an archangel.. I ensure you that I am better than all of those pest-demons..." She sighed "Also, I cannot keep my holy powers without practicing, so you can either accept my offer, or denied it, however, your know the potentials of a Seraphim ... and you don't want to make such a power against you ..."

Izanagi watched the unusual ritual with a deep-seated interest. Like her kind was once famous for, Izanagi saw the tiny Spirits of Contract that were a necessity in many forms of magic and thought on their various input on the magic at hand. Izanagi shook her head. Stealing this magic simply would not feel right.

She began to slump to the floor, the combination of starvation, magical snubbing of her abilities, and tiredness taking its toll. "Please hurry. I am not sure how much longer I may remain conscious."

---------

The Headmaster chuckled. "If only you knew, Seraphim. I have more than enough attendants . . . isn't that right, Mortis?"

The dove in the cage shifted forms, now holding the appearance of a young Crown Archangel. The child gave a half-hearted smile before taking the form of a dove again.

Vienna's eyes are slowly getting redder and even set in fire, while Hikari's get white, as well as her body. After what seemed an eternity but were only 10 minutes, Vienna's body sets on fire, while Hikari's just ramins there, and the circle fades off. When Vienna's body stops burning, she was naked, but nonetheless fine... except she now had a cat tail and cat ears and she mewled loudly when she recovered. "Weirdest. Ritual. EVER~nya!" She covers her mouth when she realizes her speech tick. "Well... that worked..." She purrs a bit, and then looks at her sister's body. "Sister?" She see the spirit of her sister leave the body and getting in the afterlife, being watched by the remainders of the family. However, she sees the rest of her family bidding good bye as well. "But wha-?"

"Your sister sacrificed her self as a sign of forgiveness to those miscarried yet innocent souls her family destroyed in their crusade." said a voice Vienna knew well as the voice of Amaterasu herself. "As a reward, the blessing was lifted from your family." Vienna suddenly feels a golden light leaving her, and her form becoming complete for an instant, then human. "You're free to live the life you chose, Vienna Forrest. The souls of the Sakunara family will be fine here. Too bad your own fat differs frm the one they got to have, but it's your life after all." Vienna nods at this. "Izanagi, you may have to take the body of the priestess to your domains, as this house won't accept the act despite the body's spiritual state. Godspeed, young creatures..."

As the lights fade and the clouds disperse, Vienna takes her sister's body. "I guess, we're going, right?"

Izanagi nodded limply. "It seems so."

She began to drag herself back to the Root Door with her vines, making impressive progress despite her rapidly declining physical state. "Why is it so . . . far . . . away . . . ?"

Without warning, the powerful-looking Flytrap collapsed, her long petals already beginning to shrivel and brown. In mere moments, the green-stemmed plant was nearly dead.

Vienna was shocked by the teacher's state, placed her sister's body in the ground and went to her, trying to make her react. It seemed there was no time to take her to the portal to feed her, but doing it there was also a pain. She was growing desperate when suddenly she felt like if something inside of her were guiding her. Quickly she prayed to Amaterasu. "Amaterasu, mother of the world, goddess of nature, allow me to save the life of Izanagi-sensei, who's giving her life for my sake and well being." Suddenly, a shower of petals falls on Hikari's body and it becomes a large flower. Vienna smiles. "Thank you." She places Izanagi in the center of the flower, which begins to glow and release golden pollen that is absorbed onto Izanagi's body. Vienna can feel the energy the flower is giving her. Some of the pollen falls onto Vienna making her change into her Nekonome form, but slowly whiting it out, making her demon form's hair soft pink and her fur white, as well as her eyes silvery. "Huh?"

Izanagi stood, raw power flowing through her veins. Her vines stretched to their full length, her petals surged with vitality and formed a broad purple halo around her head, and her body became the deep green of a thriving plant. "I feel . . . good," she said, pointing out the obvious.

"Oh, do you?" a voice called out, sinuous and sly. "Well, I apologize for raining on your parade, blood traitor, but you have been going around with a Demon Hunter, aiding and abetting the same kind that nearly wiped yours out. How does it feel to be a houseplant? How long do you think you will go before she decides to take out the hedgeclippers to tame your vines?"

Izanagi trembled, but stood firm. "Hand of Thanatos, I am no blood traitor, nor am I anyone's houseplant. Vienna respects me well enough not to hurt me so." She gave a nervous glance at Vienna. "I hope, " she added in a tone so light that even Vienna barely heard it.

"Prove your loyalty, then," the voice said, its entire tone reflecting a manipulative personality. "Defile this temple, kill the Demon Hunter, and claim your meal in peace."

"No," Izanagi responded. "What kind of fool do you take me for? This is a temple to the Sun, imbecile. She has kept me alive when even my own kind gave no aid whatsoever. I know not your purpose here, but I am to have no part in it."

With that, Izanagi grabbed Vienna in one long vine, held Hikari in another, and used her remaining vines to slingshot herself into the Root Door.

"Gomenasai," Izanagi stated flatly, giving a small bow. "I cannot express my gratitude properly."

Vienna felt the voice right in her soul, as if it had been everywhere. The feeling was so immense she barely could feel when she got slingshot back into the garden by Izanagi. As she was recovering from the shock, the large flower that used to be Hikari's body rooted itself in the garden's soil and began to release its golden pollen, which feeds the plants around it. Vienna, of course, got into her Nekonome form when she got into the garden again. She was still shocked by the voice of the strange being in the garden. "Who was that voice so filled with venom in the house of Amaterasu? I never felt a voice s deep in my soul, and so dark and painful... So evil and destructive... who was that?"

Archived