So, Yeah, Fan-Made YGO Anime . . .

Draconus297

We're finally getting minor plot points tamped down, artwork is starting to come through, and more specific lines are getting written.

For example, I'll show you guys my notes for the intro to the very first episode of "Yu-Gi-Oh!: Redux".

Announcer: The Dueling world has changed a considerable amount over a century of development. {{As he speaks, show clips of older cards progressing into newer ones}}

Announcer: The one constant, however, has been an ideal to aspire to, a lofty peak from which the single greatest Duelist shall look down upon all others, to be the model to which all shall aspire. {{various silhouettes, starting with Yugi's}}

Announcer: And thus, we begin the Centennial Tournament- one single tourney to determine the 12th King of Games! {{Pan-out shot of a huge arena}}

Announcer: We did a lot of weeding out behind the scenes- getting rid of those Duelists who would definitely fail in any attempt at gaining the title, let alone holding it. {{Various soundless clips of Duelists making ridiculous, stupid mistakes (Suggestions appreciated)}}

Announcer: And now, we have narrowed it down to 64 Duelists- the absolute best of the best from around the world, who will now be entered into our computer to randomize matches! {{Group shot, where Yuuto, Toru, Yukako, and Victor are all highly visible}}

Yuuto (thinking): And the winner will be me. I'm winning the title of King of Games, and going to the Museum of Dueling, where I can see the cards the other Kings used! {{Zoom-in shot of Yuuto's face}}

Yuuto (thinking): To up my chances of getting into the Museum, my friends entered the tournament with me. {{Yuuto smiles}}

Yuuto (thinking): My best friend, Toru- {{Shot of Toru's face, where he's making a weird expression}} I can never really tell what he's thinking, and at this point I don't think I want to.

Yuuto: (thinking): And my younger sister, Yukako- {{Shot of Yukako's face, looking out into the crowd}} what on Earth is she looking at?

{{Transition out}}

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, for the very truly final plot-relevant Duel of the series, our four heroes face off against the psychotic Pazzia, who not only holds the last Mnemonic card, but is actually the living prison in which all the losers of Mnemonic Duels were trapped: they are all locked inside her seriously deluded mind.

She agrees to let them take the last Mnemonic card from her, and to free all of her "new friends", as she calls them, on one condition: that all four of the heroes can beat her in a Duel. Before you can even assume a four-on-one match, she rather suddenly splits into four, each one having a different one of Pazzia's split personalities on display (that I've personality-molded to take after a villain from each of the first 3 Yu-Gi-Oh series, with the fourth acting like the scared young woman Pazzia truly is).

All four personalities will use a "Pathic Delusion" Deck, full of Psychic-type monsters that exist to stop particular styles of play: 1-4 exist to shut down plays involving the Banished Zone, 5-8 dismantle Graveyard plays, 9-12 hate on Special Summoning, and 13-16 handle effect negation- in other words, each group is personally tailored to shut down one of our four heroes.

However, their play styles are nowhere near the same. They each bring a particular boss monster to the table. Here's where I need help: I want to write effects for each of them, but I'm struggling.

So far, I have super-basic information.

Pathic Ritual: Four-Tails Dragon
FIRE - Level 9 - Dragon/Ritual/Effect - 4000/4000
This monster can only be Special Summoned by the effect of "Bound Delusions", and cannot be Summoned by other ways.

Pathic Fusion: Four-Eyes Dragon
WATER - Level 9 - Dragon/Fusion/Effect - 4000/4000
3 "Pathic Delusion" monsters
This monster can only be Fusion Summoned using the above Fusion Material monsters, and cannot be Summoned by other ways.

Pathic Synchro: Four-Wings Dragon
WIND - Level 9 - Dragon/Synchro/Effect - 4000/4000
1 "Pathic Delusion" Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner "Pathic Delusion" monsters
This monster can only be Synchro Summoned using the above Synchro Materials, and cannot be Summoned by other ways.

Pathic Xyz: Four-Arms Dragon
EARTH - Rank 3 - Dragon/Xyz/Effect - 4000/4000
3 Level 3 "Pathic Delusion" monsters
This monster can only be Xyz Summoned using the above Xyz Materials, and cannot be Summoned by other ways.

Pathic Memory: Four-Heads Dragon
LIGHT - Level 0 - Dragon/Mnemonic/Effect - 4400/4400
This monster can only be Mnemonic Summoned by the effect of "Remembrance", and by banishing 3 "Pathic Delusion" monsters you control. This monster is also always treated as DARK.
[This last one is a shared boss, that all four eventually bring out.]

I know I've taken forever...sorry about that. I've had a lot on my plate, so-to-speak. Here's the Dark World Deck with my custom cards. (you can see the card stats and effects here.)

Monsters (20)
Grapha x2
Snoww x3
Fyre x2
Iello x2
Broww x3
Ebonivore x2
Genta x2
Verridi x2
Ambyrr x1
Ammawrath x1

Spells/Traps (20)
Dark Smog x2
Fiendish Chain x2
Dragged Down Into the Grave x2
Gates of Dark World x3
Dark World Lightning x2
Dark World Dealings x3
Terraforming x1
Soul Charge x1
Skill Drain x2
MST x2

Extra Deck (15)
Dyumon x3
Kwah x3
anything else you see fit

The deck is meant to be competitive. For the sake of the anime (if you decide you still want to use this), you may want to weaken it a bit.

There are four main characters, each Dueling their own copy of Pazzia. Four-Heads is the shared boss.

I've decided to make it so that each of the four unique dragons is based on a win condition. Four-Tails is based on Exodia (and, by extension, Necross), Four-Eyes is based on Final Countdown, Four-Wings is based on Deck-out, and Four-Arms is based on bleeding out your opponent's Life Points. Now all I need is the matchups.

Pathic Ritual: Four-Tails Dragon
FIRE - Level 9 - Dragon/Ritual/Effect - 4000/4000
This monster can only be Ritual Summoned by the effect of "Bound Delusions", and cannot be Summoned by other ways. Once per turn, you can add 1 Level 3 or lower monster from your Deck to your hand. Up to 4 times per turn, you can discard 1 card from your hand to the Graveyard to negate and destroy 1 card.

Pathic Fusion: Four-Eyes Dragon
WATER - Level 9 - Dragon/Fusion/Effect - 4000/4000
3 "Pathic Delusion" monsters
This monster can only be Fusion Summoned using the above Fusion Material monsters, and cannot be Summoned by other ways. If your opponent has 4 or more cards in their hand during their Standby Phase, their turn ends and they banish 2 cards at random from their hand.

Pathic Synchro: Four-Wings Dragon
WIND - Level 9 - Dragon/Synchro/Effect - 4000/4000
1 "Pathic Delusion" Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner "Pathic Delusion" monsters
This monster can only be Synchro Summoned using the above Synchro Materials, and cannot be Summoned by other ways. During each End Phase, send the top 4 cards of your opponent's Deck to the Graveyard. Every time a card leaves the Graveyard, inflict 500 damage to your opponent.

Pathic Xyz: Four-Arms Dragon
EARTH - Rank 3 - Dragon/Xyz/Effect - 4000/4000
3 Level 3 "Pathic Delusion" monsters
This monster can only be Xyz Summoned using the above Xyz Materials, and cannot be Summoned by other ways. This monster can attack up to 4 times per turn. Once per turn, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card to select and activate 1 of the following effects:
-Switch all monsters on your opponent's side of the field to face-up Attack Position.
-Reduce the ATK and DEF of all monsters on your opponent's side of the field to 0.

Well, FURY, you could always appear in the Mnemonic arc, provided you create a Dark World Mnemonic.

If you could use the template, that'd be fantastic.

Also, side note:
Yukako focuses on her "Combat Aid" cards, and more narrowly on two mini-sets within the set, Victory and Protection.
Victory is all about the attack power: it boosts the Combat Maiden's ATK through the roof, gives her multi-attack power, lets her negate the effects of monsters she battles, and makes her invincible as long as she's in Attack Position, provided you can get all six of the Victory set's pieces onto her.
Meanwhile, the Protection set is similarly all about the Defense. Extreme defensive capabilities, effect invulnerability while in Defense Position, et cetera- and, like a Superheavy Samurai, she can attack in Defense Position, all provided you get all six Protection pieces onto her.
Given the option, which would you run?

If the pieces work independently, I like this idea a lot. In addition to the powerhouse she becomes with all 6 pieces of one set, she could mix and match to fit any situation. As for which is better, I'd say that depends on the character's favored play style, and that of her opponent.

Also, here :)

46588.png

2 Fiend-Type monsters
Must first be Mnemonic Summoned by the effect of "Remembrance". While you control no other face-up monsters, this card can attack your opponent directly. Once per turn, you can remove an even number of Mnemonic counters from this card (min 2, max 6); Discard 1 card and draw 1 card for every 2 Mnemonic counters removed this way. During your End Phase, if this card did not attack this turn, place 1 Mnemonic counter on this card.

The pieces can work independently, it's just that they're best designed to work with Combat Maiden Tareya, and with one another.
There are five mini-sets, with six pieces apiece:
Victory, the FIRE set, which loves ATK.
Protection, the EARTH set, which is all DEF.
Telepathy, the DARK set, which doesn't let your opponent do much.
Medicine, the WATER set, which increases your Life Points and brings back your destroyed monsters.
Speed, the WIND set, which is all about priority- non-negatable attacks, non-negatable effects, attacking on your opponent's turn, slowing down the Spell Speed of all your opponent's card effects, etc.
Tareya herself, as well as her Combat Dispatcher Pendulum support, are LIGHT.

Very nice, very nice. Alright, now to get to writing an episode. I'm thinking of making it a match against Yukako, but it might just as well be another match for Yuuto.

I can't find the thread anymore.
I'll edit this post with everything. Piecemeal, of course, because it'd take forever.

Combat Maiden Tareya
LIGHT - Level 3 - Warrior/Effect - 700/600
If, during your first Main Phase, you control no "Combat Aid" monsters, you can Special Summon 1 "Combat Aid" monster from your hand. Once per turn, you can attach 1 "Combat Aid" monster on the field to this card. This monster gains 200 ATK and DEF for every "Combat Aid" monster attached to it.

Combat Aid- Helm of Victory
FIRE - Level 1 - Machine/Effect - 200/200
As long as this monster is attached to "Combat Maiden Tareya", that monster has this monster's effects. There may be only one "Combat Aid- Helm" attached to "Combat Maiden Tareya" at any point in time. When this monster destroys your opponent's monster by battle, raise the ATK of all monsters you control by 300.

Combat Aid- Helm of Protection
EARTH - Level 1 - Rock/Effect - 200/200
As long as this monster is attached to "Combat Maiden Tareya", that monster has this monster's effects. There may be only one "Combat Aid- Helm" attached to "Combat Maiden Tareya" at any point in time. If the DEF of any monster on your side of the field is increased, increase the amount by 200.

i can offer you some OCG/PSCT fixes.

Combat Maiden Tareya
LIGHT - Level 3 - Warrior/Effect - 700/600
During your Main Phase 1, if you control no "Combat Aid" monsters: You can Special Summon 1 "Combat Aid" monster from your hand. Once per turn, you can equip 1 "Combat Aid" monster on the field to this card. This card can not be equipped with multiple cards with the same name. This monster gains 200 ATK and DEF for each "Combat Aid" monster equipped to it.

Combat Aid- Helm of Victory
FIRE - Level 1 - Machine/Effect - 200/200
While equipped to "Combat Maiden Tareya", that monster gains this monster's effect. When this monster destroys an opponent's monster by battle, all monsters you control gain 300 ATK.

Combat Aid- Helm of Protection
EARTH - Level 1 - Rock/Effect - 200/200
While equipped to "Combat Maiden Tareya", that monster gains this monster's effect. When a monster you control gains DEF, except by this card's effect: it gains 200 DEF.

attach was changed to equip because only xyz monsters can have attachments.

the word may was replaced with can

helm of protection wording was changed, because, as it was, it could give a monster infinite defense.

if there are questions about anything else I changed, let me know

Tareya and the Aid cards specifically attach, so as not to clog the Spell/Trap Card Zones. Everything else is appreciated.

By the by, there are 5 mini-sets, with 6 cards each.
However, Tareya can only have one Helm, one set of Gauntlets, one set of Greaves, one Breastplate, one Shield, and one Tool attached at a time.

• 4 weeks later...

Alright, I'll just sum up what the two main Combat sets do here. Keep in mind that, even with support cards, fully setting up Tareya will take 3 turns and a crapton of draw power, which will make it absurdly obvious what you're doing.

[spoiler= Victory]

FIRE, Machine.

According to my numbers guy, the only real match for her like this would be Red Nova Dragon.

Helm- Increases ATK by 300 every time Tareya destroys a monster (Tareya 700/600-> 900/800)

Greaves- Increase ATK by 100 for every Combat card on the field during every Standby Phase [attached Combat cards count as being on the field, unlike Xyz Materials] (Tareya 900/800 -> 1100/1000)

Gauntlets- Let Tareya attack again after she destroys a monster in battle (Tareya 1100/1000 -> 1300/1200)

Breastplate- Permanently lock Tareya in Attack Position. Prevent her effect and the effects of attached Combat cards from being negated. (Tareya 1300/1200 -> 1500/1400)

Shield- Renders Tareya immune to opponent card effects while in Attack Position. Lets you discard a card to increase Tareya's ATK by her DEF (Tareya 1500/1400 -> 1700/1600)

Tool (Sword)- Increases Tareya's ATK by 400x the number of attached Combat cards +1. Negates the effects of monsters Tareya battles. (Tareya 1700/1600 -> 4700/1800)

[/spoiler]

[spoiler= Protection]

EARTH, Rock.

Stall everything.

Helm- If another effect raises Tareya's DEF, this boosts it by 300. (Tareya 700/600 -> 900/1100)

Greaves- All monsters you control in Defense Position gain 100 DEF every Standby Phase. (Tareya 900/1100 -> 1100/1600)

Gauntlets- Can change own Battle Position to negate attacks (Tareya 1100/1600 -> 1300/2100)

Breastplate- Immunity to targeting while in Defense Position (Tareya 1300/2100 -> 1500/2600)

Shield- Increases DEF by 500 for every "Combat Aid" in the stack (Tareya 1500/2600 -> 1700/5600)

Tool (Drill Spear)- Can attack in Defense Position, using DEF. Increases DEF of all monsters you control by 100 every turn if highest DEF on the field (Tareya 1700/5600 -> 1900/6600)

[/spoiler]

Also, I've just realized that a lot of my episodes are way too short, so if anyone would like to help me write announcer bits or battle commentary for the tournament arc, I'd be glad to show you the written-out episodes.

Archived