So, Yeah, Fan-Made YGO Anime . . .

Draconus297

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Maybe you could have a tournament where Yuto gets to the final match but has to go up against a bad guy in the final, and a bunch of rules are put forward which all hinder Yuto (Losing LP each turn, opponent draws extra card, etc) but not his opponent. Then after the match (Where Yuto probably wins) you find out the other finalist was a long lost relative to the host of the tourney (Pegasus' rich great-great grandson or something).

With minor and major villains making comebacks left and right, matchups are . . . interesting to balance.

Weevil v. Yuuto
Rex v. Toru
Mai v. Victor
Necromancer (stupid zombie kid) v. Yukako
Bandit Keith v. Yuuto
Para & Dox v. Toru & Victor

Bakura v. Yuuto
Pegasus v. Victor
Strings (Slifer-puppet) v. Yuuto
Esper Roba v. Toru
Marik v. Yuuto
Oraichalcos (sp?) Duelists v. Everyone (I have to re-watch the arc)
Crowler v. Yukako
Dimitri v. UNKNOWN
Nightshroud v. Victor
Tania v. Yukako

Sartorius v. Victor

And so on . . . so many matchups . . .

I want yugi vs yuuto and kaiba vs victor

That would be interesting, though the winner out of Yugi vs Yuuto if following the previous duel between to main characters (Yugi vs Jaden) it would either be a draw, unresolved or Yugi winning.

Matchups: I've already said about Sartorious vs Victor, other ones could be; Nightshroud vs Yuuto, Espa Roba vs Toru, Pegasus vs Victor, Dimitri vs Toru, Dartz vs either Yuuto or all 3 considering  it took the combined efforts of Yugi and Kaiba to defeat him, Bakura vs Yuuto.

Thats all I have for now anyway.

One question. I am not trying to start the same bullslop I started in the "Too many topics" thread, but doesn't anime have to be Japanese or is the cartoonist using an anime style? In my opinion if these decks are going to be meta-crushing mayhem monsters, with the occasional jokes about the card game then simply calling it an animated series would be better. I am just saying that because ygo animes are kinda serious about the card game.

The game will be treated seriously.

That is, when it's not being ripped a new one.

But more on that in just a bit.

"Anime", strictly speaking, refers to the primary hallmarks of the style- exaggerated facial features, use of Japanese-inspired tropes, and so on. It does not necessarily need to be made in Japan. Otherwise, several anime (including every dub ever) forfeits its right to be considered an anime- and that is a definition that won't fly.

Anyway, my primary style revolves around seriousness, while using cynical, backhanded satire to poke fun at the idiosyncrasies in the various genres I've taken on. One of the many things I've decided to run through my meat grinder is the game itself. That being said, I will be treating it seriously for most of the series.

The game will be treated seriously.

That is, when it's not being ripped a new one.

But more on that in just a bit.

"Anime", strictly speaking, refers to the big eyes, use of Japanese-inspired tropes, and so on. It does not necessarily need to be made in Japan. Otherwise, several anime (including every sub ever) forfeits its right to be considered an anime- and that is a definition that won't fly.

Anyway, my primary style revolves around seriousness, while using cynical, backhanded satire to poke fun at the idiosyncrasies in the various genres I've taken on. One of the many things I've decided to run through my meat grinder is the game itself. That being said, I will be treating it seriously for most of the series.

Just a few corrections needed.

Can I make a character? I can make it any gender you want, but he must be a middle aged guy or an elder. I just want him to beat at least one main character to add a little spice to the show. Who is/are the artist(s)?

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having enough trouble with keeping the series balanced out, unless your character addition would come during the Mnemonic arc.

Here is a sample of the script- this is from Victor's first match of the tournament, proving just how much of a threat he is.

Percival Reid: This, truly, will be seen forever as the beginning of my ascent to greatness!
Victor Pryde: Quit the ham act and duel. I'm not in the mood to waste my time on talentless hacks.
Percival (furious): You will regret those words!
Victor/Percival (simultaneous): Duel!
Percival: I will start. First, I will Summon my Giant Orc, in Attack Position. Then, I activate my Law of 3 Spell Card. Thanks to this, I can Special Summon all cards named "Giant Orc" in my entire Deck. Now, this would normally relieve me of my Battle Phase, but that doesn't really matter. Lastly, I activate my Rush Punch Continuous Spell- I can give up half of my Life Points next turn to have all monsters that survive your turn attack you directly!
Otsuka Yuuto: Whoa! It looks like Percival has this one in the bag!
Announcer: It seems Reid has this one in the bag! What will Mr. Pryde do?
Toru: Is that an echo?
Victor: If you're done grandstanding, it's my move. Because you control more monsters than I do, I'm allowed to Summon my Platune Shocktrooper! Because I control another Platune monster on my side of the field, I can Special Summon my Platune Paratrooper from my hand! Now, by discarding a Spell Card from my hand to the Graveyard, I can Fusion Summon the commanding officer, my Platune Sergeant Song Dragon! By activating Double Summon, I am allowed a second Normal Summon this turn, so I bring out my Platune Cadet!
Percival: I fail to see your logic.
Victor: Yet. You see, after my Cadet comes out, Double Summon goes to the Graveyard, which triggers his effect. Because a Platune monster's effect activated, my Song Dragon can attack, even though it isn't my Battle Phase. SONG DRAGON! MELODIC STREAM OF DESTRUCTION!
Percival (winces): You'll have to do better than that- I still have two Orcs on the field!
Victor (unamused): Not for long. You see, your Orc just went to the Graveyard, which means my Cadet's effect activates again, which allows my dragon to attack again! MELODIC STREAM OF DESTRUCTION!
Percival (worried): Does that mean . . .
Victor (amped up): Yes it does! SONG DRAGON! MELODIC STREAM OF DESTRUCTION!
Percival (laughing): Ha! I still have 1600 Life Points! You won't beat me that easily!
Victor (calm grin): Begin Battle Phase.
Percival (shocked): Wait, WHAT?!
Victor (calm): One final time, Song Dragon- Melodic Stream of Destruction.
Onyx Reid: Percy, no!
Percival (crushed): You've won, Pryde.
Victor (already walking away): I can see that much. Get some talent next time you attempt to Duel me.
Announcer: There you have it, folks- a true testament to the power of the Platunes!

I'm having enough trouble with keeping the series balanced out, unless your character addition would come during the Mnemonic arc.

Here is a sample of the script- this is from Victor's first match of the tournament, proving just how much of a threat he is.

Percival Reid: This, truly, will be seen forever as the beginning of my ascent to greatness!
Victor Pryde: Quit the ham act and duel. I'm not in the mood to waste my time on talentless hacks.
Percival (furious): You will regret those words!
Victor/Percival (simultaneous): Duel!
Percival: I will start. First, I will Summon my Giant Orc, in Attack Position. Then, I activate my Law of 3 Spell Card. Thanks to this, I can Special Summon all cards named "Giant Orc" in my entire Deck. Now, this would normally relieve me of my Battle Phase, but that doesn't really matter. Lastly, I activate my Rush Punch Continuous Spell- I can give up half of my Life Points next turn to have all monsters that survive your turn attack you directly!
Otsuka Yuuto: Whoa! It looks like Percival has this one in the bag!
Announcer: It seems Reid has this one in the bag! What will Mr. Pryde do?
Toru: Is that an echo?
Victor: If you're done grandstanding, it's my move. Because you control more monsters than I do, I'm allowed to Summon my Platune Shocktrooper! Because I control another Platune monster on my side of the field, I can Special Summon my Platune Paratrooper from my hand! Now, by discarding a Spell Card from my hand to the Graveyard, I can Fusion Summon the commanding officer, my Platune Sergeant Song Dragon! By activating Double Summon, I am allowed a second Normal Summon this turn, so I bring out my Platune Cadet!
Percival: I fail to see your logic.
Victor: Yet. You see, after my Cadet comes out, Double Summon goes to the Graveyard, which triggers his effect. Because a Platune monster's effect activated, my Song Dragon can attack, even though it isn't my Battle Phase. SONG DRAGON! MELODIC STREAM OF DESTRUCTION!
Percival (winces): You'll have to do better than that- I still have two Orcs on the field!
Victor (unamused): Not for long. You see, your Orc just went to the Graveyard, which means my Cadet's effect activates again, which allows my dragon to attack again! MELODIC STREAM OF DESTRUCTION!
Percival (worried): Does that mean . . .
Victor (amped up): Yes it does! SONG DRAGON! MELODIC STREAM OF DESTRUCTION!
Percival (laughing): Ha! I still have 1600 Life Points! You won't beat me that easily!
Victor (calm grin): Begin Battle Phase.
Percival (shocked): Wait, WHAT?!
Victor (calm): One final time, Song Dragon- Melodic Stream of Destruction.
Onyx Reid: Percy, no!
Percival (crushed): You've won, Pryde.
Victor (already walking away): I can see that much. Get some talent next time you attempt to Duel me.
Announcer: There you have it, folks- a true testament to the power of the Platunes!

Cool. No offence but I think you can come up with something better than 'MELODIC STREAM OF DESTRUCTION'. And Victor is not the type of person who would win a tournament in my opinion! He is too quick and reckless while the trophy stashers are focused and quite amazing. He just lucked out  ;)

A big part of this, though, is that the Platunes are legitimately broken in-universe, but due to a glitch in their programming for Duel Disks they cause an absurd amount of pain to their own user. It's already a plot point that Victor, due to having almost all of his nerve endings entirely dead, is one of the few people who can use them without collapsing.
I intend to show this off by having someone attempt to use something like Creature Swap or Snatch Steal, only to realize how royally screwed they are when the Platune they take starts hurting them.

Oh, and regarding the attack names:
Song Dragon- Melodic Stream of Destruction
Ballad Dragon- Ultimate Melodic Stream of Destruction
Symphony Dragon- Final Symphonic Burst of Devastation

Infinite-Eyes- Aeon Stream Blast

Void-Eyes- Gravitron Destruction Stream

Sort of- I made tweaks, including having it be a standard Effect Monster, that has a Ritual evolution.

Void-Eyes Black Hole Dragon does make repeated appearances starting in the third arc, as the main monster for (get this) Onyx Reid. Little girl pulls the scary gravity dragon. Yeah.

Near the end of that arc (and that's a relative term, considering that Mnemonics already takes up more episodes than friggin' Marik and Aster Phoenix combined), Victor gets it from her, and unleashes Endless Void-Eyes, which is even more powerful.

The funny thing is, before she pulls it out for the first time, I don't want there being much of an indication she has it. I want her to use a DARK Deck, like her brother's, but something that is simultaneously less instantly frightening but more practical than Orcs.

My changes:

Void-Eyes Black Hole Dragon
DARK - Level 8 - Dragon/Effect - 3000/2500
When this monster is Normal Summoned successfully, place 1 Gravity Counter on all face-up monsters your opponent controls. During each of your End Phases, place 1 Gravity Counter on all face-up monsters your opponent controls. Lower the ATK and DEF of a monster by 100 times its Level for every Gravity Counter on it. When this card leaves the field (except Tributed for the effect of Roche Limit Ritual), remove all Gravity Counters from the field and select one of the following effects:
-Inflict 200 points of damage to your opponent's Life Points for every Gravity Counter removed.
-Increase your Life Points by 300 for every Gravity Counter removed.

Endless Void-Eyes Black Hole Dragon
DARK - Level 9 - Dragon/Ritual/Effect - 4000/3000
This monster cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This monster can only be Ritual Summoned by the effect of "Roche Limit Ritual", and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. When this monster is Ritual Summoned successfully, place 2 Gravity Counters on all face-up monsters your opponent controls. During each of your End Phases, place 1 Gravity Counter on all face-up monsters your opponent controls, and destroy all Set monsters on the field. Lower the ATK and DEF of a monster by 100 times its Level for every Gravity Counter on it. If any monster has 3 or more Gravity Counters on it, its effect is negated. When this card leaves the field, remove all Gravity Counters from the field and select one of the following effects:
-Inflict 300 points of damage to your opponent's Life Points for every Gravity Counter removed.
-Increase your Life Points by 500 for every Gravity Counter removed.

Roche Limit Ritual
Ritual Spell
This card is used to Ritual Summon "Endless Void-Eyes Black Hole Dragon". Tribute "Void-Eyes Black Hole Dragon" and one DARK monster with a Level to Ritual Summon "Endless Void-Eyes Black Hole Dragon" from your hand or Graveyard. Once per turn, during your Standby Phase, if this card is in your hand and "Endless Void-Eyes Black Hole Dragon" is not, you can add 1 "Endless Void-Eyes Black Hole Dragon" from your Deck to your hand. You cannot activate this card the same turn you activate this effect.

I like those cards. A little powerful, but i'm guessing they're both boss monsters in their respective decks. There are a couple of small changes that should be made to the grammar, but overall...NICE

Are you still waiting for my Dark World villain? I can put a Deck together for you, if need be. Just let me know

I like those cards. A little powerful, but i'm guessing they're both boss monsters in their respective decks. There are a couple of small changes that should be made to the grammar, but overall...NICE

Are you still waiting for my Dark World villain? I can put a Deck together for you, if need be. Just let me know

???

• 3 weeks later...

Archived