Chaika - The Coffin Princess - Avenging Battle

Shradow

So, this episode had:

- Two Chaikas talking to each other in Chaika-speak

- OMG SO TSUNDERE

- Red and white Chaika groups fighting together

- Magical robot girl turning into a super gundo

Plus, more Vivi and friends next time...man, I love this show.

This show is indeed awesome. Now I'm all hyped up for next week. It's a shame there'll be only 10 episodes this time around.

I thought the guy telling people that they were accepted into the tournament said that you could only have 2-3 people on a team? He didn't seem to have an issue with the fact that Chaika's group had 4 (plus a spectator, apparently).

And of course, Guy had to be a jerk, and take their super-Gundo/friend before the tournament =<

• 3 weeks later...

What an episode.

Creepy-ass orgasming black Chaika giving birth was creepy.

Guy was part of the "Chaika" magic and was actually what Gaz looked like when he was younger.

Gaz's floating castles were so advanced they're satellites.

Frederica barfed up a cat.

Well of course they're all made with the same physical appearance and memories as the original girl, that was the point of making them, but that's not what I was getting at. Trabant is just even more like her than the rest we've seen so far, I'm wondering if that means anything. I don't think all of them have memories of the original girl's death.

i decided to let my doubts go and watch episode one...and i couldnt really stand it. i found Chaika to be utterly annoying and her cuteness really ruined a lot of the action, its hard to find something thrilling when your character is too busy being moe, which sucks because this series does seem to have such a great plot to it (judging by the first episode at least)

i can see why people love this series, but honestly its not my sort of thing

Well, white Chaika is definitely the cutest one, but I wouldn't say there was any particular focus on that, and I would most certainly say it wouldn't take away from the rest of the series. It's got superb action, fun characters, and a cool story with great twists and amazing pacing, and I don't think you're giving it its fair shake.

Though I would never consider only watching a single episode of any show giving it a good enough chance. As a general rule of thumb I'd say you need at least three.

Well, white Chaika is definitely the cutest one, but I wouldn't say there was any particular focus on that, and I would most certainly say it wouldn't take away from the rest of the series. It's got superb action, fun characters, and a cool story with great twists and amazing pacing, and I don't think you're giving it its fair shake.

Though I would never consider only watching a single episode of any show giving it a good enough chance. As a general rule of thumb I'd say you need at least three.

99.9% of the time in anime i cant stand moe-type characters, so i guess it might just be me who finds that the cuteness poisons the action scenes, i will give the next two or three episodes a shot, but honestly my doubts are back after seeing the first episode. i wanna be able to like this series but it is gonna be a challenge to go through. ah well even if i end up hating it, at least this series will be a jump out of my comfort zone, so there.

Wow, I somehow completely forgot about the whole Dragoon Knight thing. That was cool.

They just locked Niva up while in Gundo form? Kinda mean, I wonder if she's stuck like that.

Chaika had to use memories... I really hope she didn't use enough to forget about everyone, that would break my heart. The end wasn't conclusive enough for me to tell, and I was really hoping for a final kiss. :(

Gaz, way to go out like a badass. Calm and collected until the very end, he seemed to accept it and he didn't even shout out the bad guy, "Impossible!"

Here's to the OVA coming out later, that should be fun. Maybe we'll get some answers, too.

EDIT: It's been confirmed that Chaika only lost the false implanted memories of her being Gaz's daughter, whew. So glad she didn't forget about everyone!

I finally got around to watching the finale, and I gotta say, it was pretty good. Not perfect, though.

Dragoon cavalier Toru finally happened, and it was really awesome. Fredrika barely talking was weird, but whatever.

I agree about the thing with Niva...that was weird. Especially given that the only reason Gaz lost was because it was established that Niva does have feelings.

Sorta wish Gaz had some reaction to Niva betraying him, but it was still cool.

The one big complaint I have about the fighting is that killing black Chaika seemed really easy. Like, her defenses sucked. All of it was a bit rushed, too. It was still good, but it could've done with going the full 12 episodes.

And lastly, the writers are assholes for not establishing what memories Chaika lost in the actual episode =<

• 3 weeks later...

Since I FINALLY got around to watching it, me and Desu have been talking about it, and we agree that literally one more episode that fleshed out the relationship between Chaika and Niva would've fixed a lot of problems. That, and a little more time in the final episode, just to flesh everything out.

In any case, it was kind of a disappointing ending, and Cavalier Toru didn't do enough imo. But I can't find myself unhappy with the ending either. I'm fairly sated.

So still a good series.

Archived