[Finished][SCS 9] Beastial Aerospace [NOT ACCEPTING | Results Announced | Prizes Distributed

Sees topic

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Oh You ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Now I have to enter

FmHsSed.jpg

[spoiler Lore]

You can banish 1 "Mecha Phantom Beast" monster from your Graveyard, except "Mecha Phantom Beast Dyna-soar"; Special Summon this card from you hand or Graveyard, and if you do, you can Special Summon 1 "Mecha Phantom Beast Token" (Machine-Type/WIND/Level 3/ATK 0/DEF 0).  If Summoned this way, banish this card when it leaves the field.  While you control a Token, this card cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects.  Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 "Mecha Phantom Beast" monster from your hand or side of the field; either increase or decrease this card's level by 1.  A Synchro monster that was Synchro Summoned using this card as Synchro Material gains the following effect:
• This card can attack all monsters your opponent controls once each.[/spoiler]

Here is the usual background:

• Name comes from (rather unoriginally) the Boeing X-20 Dyna-Soar, a design for a military U.S. spaceplane that could undergo missions in the upper atmosphere to a low orbit, such as reconnaissance, small scale bombings, and sabotage.  The project has since been canceled.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_X-20_Dyna-Soar
  • As per the source material I tried to give this thing options akin to a small space plane:  speedy deployment, a variety of synchro options, and a bonus to a fellow aircraft from the ultimate bird's eye view.
  • I'm not really happy that the name isn't original, but it seemed all too perfect to try to change, so whatevs.
  • On concern I have is how balanced the summoning ability is.  I restricted it like Plaguespreader, and hopefully that was enough of a hindrance.

Here are the new edits to my card:

Mecha Phantom Beast Fighteragouti

[ WIND / Level 1 ]

[ Machine / Tuner / Effect ]

[ATK 300 / DEF 300]

If this card is sent to the Graveyard for the Synchro Summon of a Machine-Type monster: Special Summon 1 "Mecha Phantom Beast Token" (Machine-Type/WIND/Level 3/ATK 0/DEF 0).

Thanks!

After doing some test matches with new MPB deck I bought IRL (minus Dracossack + some other things that I had on the YGOPro version) and finding time to grade after renovating CC, I have your grades.

-Noel -

B: 22 (in terms of the last effect, did you mean for it to be a permanent boost or just until the End Phase thing; probably the former)

C: 20

F: 20 (involves Tokens + MPBs)

U: 14.5 (definitely could trigger off of Megaraptor and provide a way to make a quick Level 5 with Olion or something along those lines)

O: 14.5 (the “each time” part should be “when”; I know this was used in old OCG though)

Total: 91

Giga

B: 23

C: 19

F: 16 (sort of breaks the naming pattern; named after a UFO rather than a jet plane; everything else is fine)

U: 14 (like you mentioned, this works off of Olion quite a bit + more or less can help set up for R7 plays or whatever you need to do; including Jacruslan [which can be done in one play; get this out, summon Olion, drop 2 tokens and this becomes L7; synch into Jac, make your opponent ditch 2 cards)

O: 14.5 (Token should be capitalized)

Total: 86.5

Jinx

B: 27

C: 20

F: 18 (mostly name formatting, but you did remember to use an actual plane + animal)

U: 14.5 (it more or less stops your opponent from forcing something like Lava Golem / Santa Claws onto your field; or in some really obscure case, Vaskii)

O: 15

Total: 94.5

popbop

B: 20

C: 17 (Harriard already searches by discarding)

F: 17 (Naming thing; notice the pattern for the others)

U: 15 (definitely helps for a quick R4, but depending on circumstances, too many Tokens hinders their ability to make Xyz quickly)

O: 11

Total: 80

yugiohcreator

B: 27

C: 16

F: 19

U: 15 (Personally speaking, this would be a better L1 Tuner than Warbluran; in the sense it doesn't limit your SS options after a token comes out, though it's stuck as a L1 + can't boost and lacks War's protection effect while alone; but most likely won't stay around that long)

O: 13.5 (It's a mandatory effect, so “if” needs to be “when”)

Total: 90.5

Progenitor

B: 27 (IMO, would be more fair if it was restricted to MPB Synchros, but sadly only Jacruslan+Concoruda exist right now; maybe restrict it to Machines or something, given full-on sweeps by the usual Synchro Monsters can cause game ends. But it does help MPBs take care of a few threats)

C: 19

F: 20

U: 15

Total: 96

RickyKrilov

B: 26

C: 14

U: 13 (the power bonus is nice for them, but milling stuff does hurt at times; unless you use Hamstrat to revive any MPBs or something; or are lucky enough to trigger O-lion)

O: 13

Total: 86

Necloth Exomirror

B: 24 (lack of an OPT clause on its negation effect sets me off a bit, but it requires you to sacrifice a monster that you could've used to Xyz/Synchro, or a token protecting said MPB)

C: 16

U: 13.5 (sacrificing the MPB tokens hurts a bit, but can be used for ending games or protecting your major ones)

O: 14.5

Total: 88

Nobility

B: 24 (while the protection effect is nice, it does force your opponent to rely on bouncing/destruction methods to remove either this card or the Tokens. TBH, it's a bit much; maybe if it lacked the usual clause, wouldn't be as bad.)

C: 18

U: 15 (as you mentioned, it'll help keep Tokens alive, and by extension, the MPBs that rely on them. Also would make Xyz Summoning a lot quicker for R9/10 stuff)

Total: 92

Alright then, the results are as follows.

1st - Progenitor - 96

2nd - Jinx - 94.5

3rd - Nobility - 92

4th - Noel - 91

Sorry, no 5th place this time; due to the lower amount of people, though I suspect it's due to being Archetype-based (especially one that people may not have an idea about).

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Now I wish my dealer got in more copies of Jacruslan; there were a few situations yesterday where I had the field set up for it [or another L9]; but I didn't have the card in Extra Deck (been wishlisted for the past month or so, damn it).

And then Burei was really cheap yesterday ($0.20 each); why did I not buy two of them when I had the chance. Could've had a better use for them over running Concoruda or Power Tool Dragon (as filler)...

Considering I know you play MPBs, kinda figured you figured something to cover their weaknesses.

That most likely lead to your victory here (and me getting more acquainted with the Deck after repeated test runs on YGOPro + stuff)

And yeah, testing against structure decks proves that they need new cards to cover certain threats.

Aix was right; even in a more dominant Synchro build, you need Dracossack (or some other R7 like 11/74).

Hell, 42 probably would've been okay [at least I could've Astral Forced into Enterblathnir if I had the drive to].

Wait the sec, why am I complaining about my MPB deck in a contest thread?

Oh yeah, probably because it's relevant to this contest.

EDIT: Awards for SCS 9.

I forgot that the contest name was "Beastial" Aerospace; not Synchronic (this is the name of said MPB Deck that I posted a couple weeks ago; you get the point though)

av3hdHx.png

jUFgtfN.png

cACyzny.png

EHCAsU8.png

(Done in order of attacking power; though in playability, Jacruslan and Dracossack should be reversed, but whatever)

Anyway, I'll hand out the reps and points later.

Thankfully no ties to deal with, so one and done :D

Once prizes are given out, or if you guys have no complaints about scoring, I'll lock this.

Regarding your question toward my card, the boost and protection only applied during the turn its only trigger effect (Token) was activated (I thought "During this turn" clause and a comma which indicated continuous effect were clear enough tho), and yes, its only trigger effect. The first effect works similar to how you draw from Maxx C, in other words doesn't start a chain, which mean When or If cannot be used to state it.

Yeah, PSCT is a bit awkward while dealing with stuff like this.

Might be nice if it incorporates the numbers OCG cards have in the effect, but will be a bitch to write into effects within generator.

Anyway, giving out the point prizes + reps

Progenitor gets 500 + 3

- Jinx - is 300 + 2

Nobility is 200 + 1

Your GFX prizes are already in my previous post here.

PM me if I forgot to give you either your reps/points; latter was manually given to you via ACP and reps should've been issued (notifications should let you know)

-----

Anyway, it was a smaller contest than usual, but suppose final exams and being Archetype specific don't help its cause.

Thanks to all of you who joined; and hopefully more of you will be around in SCS 10.

(Should probably have one up after exams)

Any questions regarding scoring, PM.

Archived