YCM

Peridank

Thx :D I'm really trying hard to get as many members as possible... doing 1 or 2 a week day so I don't lose interest. Ik my ocg can be sloppy at times... but it was never my strong point to begin with. lol I would like help if anyone is willing for the ocg... as stated before...

Wow I just stumbled across this. That's weird.

Anyway was surprised to see you'd used me for a card. But I appreciate and thank you for the thought.

Might have more to say but I'll need to go read card effects in depth instead of just seeing who you'd made a card of.

[spoiler=Some OCG/PSCT Fixes]

[spoiler=YCM]

All "YCM" monsters gain 500 ATK. Once per turn, this card cannot be destroyed by card effects. Once per turn, you can target 1 "YCM" monster in your Graveyard; shuffle that target into your Deck.

[/spoiler]

---------------------

[spoiler=CowCow]

While you control "YCM" and at least 1 other "YCM" monster, this card can attack your opponent directly.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Jack Frost]

You can pay 600 Life Points and target 1 Set Spell/Trap Card your opponent controls; that target cannot be activated this turn.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Brothar]

When this card is Normal Summoned: You can add 1 "YCM" card from your Deck to your hand

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=UE]

When this card is Normal Summoned, you can pay Life Points in multiples of 400; Special Summon 1 "YCM" monster from your hand, whose Level equals the multiple of 400 Life Points that you paid.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Kate]

Just replace the colon with a comma

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Slinky]

"YCM" monsters you control cannot be targeted by card effects

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Andx]

A "YCM" Synchro Monster that was Summoned using this card as a Synchro Material gains the following effect:

When this card declares an attack; You can inflict 800 damage to your opponent.

[/spoiler]

---------------------

[spoiler=Sakura]

1 Tuner + 1 or more "YCM Member" non-Tuner monsters

Once per turn, during either player's turn, when a "YCM" monster(s) would be destroyed by battle or card effect, you can activate 1 of the following effects:

- That card(s) is not destroyed.

- Draw 1 card.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Night]

Once per turn, you can reveal this card in your Extra Deck; this card's Level becomes 6 until the End Phase. Your opponent cannot target "YCM" monsters you control for attacks, except this one.

[/spoiler]

---------------------

[spoiler=Troll]

Activate when a "YCM" card(s) you control would be destroyed by battle or card effect and sent to your Graveyard: That card(s) is not destroyed, also, after that, Set this card face-down instead of sending it to the Graveyard.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Thread Lock]

Activate only while you control a "YCM Staff" monster: Your opponent cannot activate cards or effects in response to the activation of "YCM" cards and effects that you control.

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Also...just a thought..maybe create a YCMPD card to support the archetype...could be fun

P.S.

You might consider spoilering the individual cards in the member section, now that you've got a decent number :D

[spoiler=Some OCG/PSCT Fixes]

[spoiler=YCM]

All "YCM" monsters gain 500 ATK. Once per turn, this card cannot be destroyed by card effects. Once per turn, you can target 1 "YCM" monster in your Graveyard; shuffle that target into your Deck.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=CowCow]

While you control "YCM" and at least 1 other "YCM" monster, this card can attack your opponent directly.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Jack Frost]

You can pay 600 Life Points and target 1 Set Spell/Trap Card your opponent controls; that target cannot be activated this turn.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Brothar]

When this card is Normal Summoned: You can add 1 "YCM" card from your Deck to your hand

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=UE]

When this card is Normal Summoned, you can pay Life Points in multiples of 400; Special Summon 1 "YCM" monster from your hand, whose Level equals the multiple of 400 Life Points that you paid.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Kate]

Just replace the colon with a comma

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Slinky]

"YCM" monsters you control cannot be targeted by card effects

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Andx]

A "YCM" Synchro Monster that was Summoned using this card as a Synchro Material gains the following effect:

When this card declares an attack; You can inflict 800 damage to your opponent.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Sakura]

Once per turn, during either player's turn, when a "YCM" monster(s) would be destroyed, you can activate 1 of the following effects:

- That card(s) is not destroyed.

- Draw 1 card.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Night]

Once per turn, you can reveal this card in your Extra Deck; this card's Level becomes 6 until the End Phase. Your opponent cannot target "YCM" monsters you control for attacks, except this one.

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Keep in mind that the AC still applies here; although it's a lot tamer than what we expect in Modern/Advanced.

Anything specific about the cards you want to mention?

I had already talked about the cards in my first post on this thread, or I thought I did. Too tired to check. Either way, I like the cards. Most of the effects seem balanced. The archetype as a whole seems to synergize fairly well, although, it is a tad on the slow side, IMO. I'm still looking forward to seeing what gets added here in the future. CowCow is probably my favorite member card so far. The direct attack is balanced nicely with its requirements. That being said, I think that 1500 or 1600 would be plenty high of an atk...even in a beatdown deck. Never underestimate how powerful  direct attackers can be

add me as a trolly flip monster (Call me the ''Egg Baron'' and I am a swarming mechanism)

it works trust me  ;)

Ok lets see... The obvious things are that these cards rely on each other in order to get past that next turn. So how do you actually plan on winning? Is Aix Phantomhive the boss or is it Nai or is it the YCMaker #lv12unstoppablecheatcodes. Who is it?

The Idea is, as the others already said, kind of amazing. As for the effects, even if you go for a classic beatdown strategy, I think the cards themselves seem a bit too...classic for my taste at least. They have absolutely no swarming ability, outside of YCM Member UE, which seems to be compensated by using some protection effects. (Namely: Jack Frost, iCherries, Slinky, Sakura, Night, Troll and Lock) A glaring weakness might be that all cards have absolutely no protection against something like Castel or Number 101 (unless you control Slinky, of course), which should be (I guess) the case because they are hard enough to get out anyways, taking into account that this is a low-paced deck. Also, some effect like Armades has would come in handy, as beatdown decks require attacks, and no one is better at getting through attacks than Armades. ('xept for Vennominaga, if you wish so)

But: Enough criticism that tries to be constructive. As I said, amazing Idea, you really did a nice job there. Enjoyed reading the cards aswell as the thread. Keep up the good work, looking forward to more cards.

Archived