Pyro Support

GoldenTide

vceu9em.jpg
When this card is Normal Summoned, you can Special Summon a Level 4 FIRE monster from your hand or Deck. This card cannot be used in a Synchro Summon

8bTbGBg.jpg
FLIP: Add 1 Pyro monster from your Deck to your hand

959K52E.jpg
When this card is face-up on the field, you can send 1 Pyro type monster from the Deck to the Graveyard. The Level of this monster becomes the Level of the monster sent to the Graveyard

1b0bRnI.jpg
This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by removing from play 2 Pyro type monsters from your hand, Deck or Graveyard. You can banish 1 Pyro monster from your Graveyard, and if you do, inflict 1500 Points of Direct Damage to your opponents Life Points. If you activate this effect, you cannot conduct your Battle Phase and you can only activate this effect once per turn.

i9u4L5N.jpg
2 Pyro type Level 4 monsters
You can detach an Xyz material from this card. Special Summon any Pyro Type monsters from your Graveyard. You can only activate this effect once per turn.

vgynCq6.jpg
1 Pyro type Tuner + 1 or more non Tuners
Increase the ATK of this monster by 500 Points for every Pyro type monster on the field.

m5YxxsV.jpg
Reveal your hand to your opponent. Inflict 200 points of Direct Damage to your opponent's Life Points for every Pyro type monster in your hand.

hWSj35E.jpg
Increase all Pyro type monsters ATK by 1000 points. If a Pyro type monster was destroyed by battle while it was in face down Defense position. Inflict 400 points of Direct Damage to your opponent's Life Points

Bg3mFQk.jpg
If there are no monsters on your side of the field, you can Special Summon 1 Pyro Type monster from you hand to the field.

NtnChaH.jpg
You can only activate this card when a Pyro type monster is targeted by a Spell of Trap effect. Negate the activation of the Spell or Trap, and when you do, destroy it.

dZ9Rddr.jpg
You can only activate this card when a Pyro type monster is targeted by a monster's effect. Negate the activation of the monster's effect, and when you do, destroy it.

YovIGBO.jpg
Inflict 200 points of Direct Damage to your opponent for every Pyro type monster in your Graveyard. You can only activate "Ponderings of the Pyro" once per turn.

Ok so first, Inferno Dragon should probably have more restrictions. It can grab way too many things and isn't actually Pyro support any more. Mustang needs a more specific timing window. Phoenix Maiden is incredibly dumb because it can remove Pyros from the deck. Fallen Angel of the Pyro is all over the place but let's not make Rekindling on a stick eh.

Everything else is kinda vanilla. Field Spell should prolly not add 1k either.

Ok so first, Inferno Dragon should probably have more restrictions. It can grab way too many things and isn't actually Pyro support any more. Mustang needs a more specific timing window. Phoenix Maiden is incredibly dumb because it can remove Pyros from the deck. Fallen Angel of the Pyro is all over the place but let's not make Rekindling on a stick eh.

Everything else is kinda vanilla. Field Spell should prolly not add 1k either.

I honestly thought problems might arise with "Ponderings of the Pyro" but, lo, there are still balance issues with other cards, half of which caused by absent-mindedness.
Inferno Dragon was supposed to mirror Tour Guide, but I forgot a few things about its effect
Mustang is mirrored to The Agent of Entropy-Uranus
Pheonix Maiden to Master Hyperion (I meant to say "hand FIELD or Graveyard, but, again, absent mindedness)
I really don't see the argument of Fallen Angel. Maybe it has confusing wording.

You might have wanted to write something different, but currently, Fallen Angel is outright Rekindling (but for Pyros instead of 200 DEF FIREs) on a stick that can be activated /twice/. Unless this was unintentional, I would think the effect is rather overtuned. Agents have no reason to want to fill their Graveyard except possibly to make Hyperion live; this is untrue for your archetype and thus Mustang is likely too good.

You need to put things into perspective, not just take the cards you like and assume they'll be balanced when they're shoehorned into supporting an entirely different deck with accompanying separate playstyle.

Since Volcanics are my favourite Pyro archetypes, many of these cards are very useful so i will mention which of these cards i would run in Volcanics:

Inferno Dragon: Now its easier to search for Volcanic Rocket, Special Summon it, then add a "Blaze Accelerator card". I would run this card it at 2. 3 are too much i think.

Pyro Requiem, Mustang of the Searing Flames and Pheonix Maiden: Do not need them.

Fallen Angel of the Pyro: This card is goddess. Since there is a Pyro-Type monster in your Graveyard after the eff of Inferno Dragon to Special Rocket, you Xyz Summon this card with Inferno & Rocket, detach Rocket, Special Rocket again, then add Accelerator again. Of course 2-3 of them in Extra Deck.

Dragon of the Volcano: no tuners in my Deck. so i don't need it.

The Spell and Trap cards are not necessary, maybe just 1 Seal of the Pyro.

The cards are just not well balanced, they are just too overpowered.

'Gates of the Inferno' is the most well-balanced card.

Remember what I told you in the other thread.

Explain your reasoning for why they are OPed; you don't contribute much with your comment if it's not backed with supportive evidence.

Anyway, a very short CnC on each card, since sets are generally a pain in the ass to grade at times.

• Inferno Dragon is essentially R4 setup for any 2-mats; I need not remind you that 101/Exciton/Caingorgon or whatever meta R4s are common. There are cards that do similar things like Naturia Pumpkin, but that triggers only from the hand.
  • Requiem is RoTA/Emergency Call for Pyros; more on the lines of the latter to some degree.
  • Mustang makes going into high Level Synchros (or high Rank Xyz) a lot easier to accomplish; also it sets up for Rekindling fodder, banish stuff for Maiden or that Xyz of yours. Not cool at all.
  • Phoenix Maiden goes on the lines of those SS monsters that require certain Types/Attributes to be banished, and also deals a straight 1500 damage with only a single banish.
  • Fallen Angel is an example of Mass Summoning. If you've read that guide in Advanced about it (thank you to .Saber, one of the ex-CC mods); mass summoning cards are BAD, especially with some of the monsters that can be revived here. This needs to be toned down.
  • Dragon is effectively a 2900 ATK monster upon summoning, and hits up to 4900 assuming a full field.
    • Yes, removal can still take it out (see BTS, Warning, Mirror Force, 101, Exciton, etc), but yeah tone it down a bit to 200-300 per monster. It can still get quite strong, but now you actually have to work for it.
  • Fire at Will is still a burn card, and depending on how your hand holds up, can amount to a sizable amount. Although 600-800 on average isn't that particularly bad, factoring in that your opponent gets an idea of what you have prepared to an extent.
  • Inferno's boost is a bit much, especially with Volcanics and other Pyro-oriented Decks out there. Lower it to 500-600; much like Dragon, they can get stronger, but not as quickly.
  • Seal is essentially a better version of Water Hazard, except for Pyros (see Volcanics and other things). Really not much to say there, except for either slapping an additional restriction on what you can summon (note Hazard mandates Level 4 or lower for whatever it can SS) or the monster has its effects negated or something.
  • Fire Soul / Gates are essentially negation effects for Pyro. I suppose Gates can be used to stop 101 from stealing Maiden or something like that, but that's about it.
  • Ponderings is essentially a Trap form of Magical Blast, except no way to recover it from the Graveyard. That being said, the burn can be heavy in late game; assuming your Graveyard is set up.

In conclusion, you need to tone down the effects in these cards.

Remember that you are in the Advanced section, and as such, are held to a higher standard.

Archived