The Tea Shack

~British Soul~

2v9qi9s.jpg

Welcome to my blog, The Tea Shack. You probably can't tell, but this is my first ever blog, so I'm sure it will be journey for us all, at least that's what I'm hoping for anyway.

How will this work?
It's rather simple, I intend to update this weekly and the topics will usually vary, it just depends on what I want to write about.

Also feel free to ask me questions as well, and I will most likely answer them in a future blog entry.

[spoiler=Blog entries]

#1 (21/12/2014) Life: My Computer history

#2 (22/12/2014) Games: Pokemon Tales, Missy the Beedrill

[/spoiler]

What the fuck is that logo. 

I should say that the logo is temporary. I would like to have a better-looking logo sometime in the near future.

Also I thought this would be a blog about various tea....which might be kinda cool. But either way, gonna be interesting to see what you come up with.

Well my first entry is almost complete, and I should have it up at some point later today/tomorrow (dependant on timezones).

Life: My computer history

So, I've had my current laptop for around 5-6 years, can't remember how long exactly but I've had it for a while and it's been through some rough times but it still works to this very day.

When I was a kid, the only access I had to a computer was a desktop in my family's living room and I didn't spend too long on it, though most of the time I was either playing games or using MSN to speak with my friends.

A couple of years later I got a desktop of my very own. It was very convenient indeed and I had the general freedom of installing games that I wanted to play (Though I cannot remember which). Of course there were occasions where I did have the odd problem that I didn't know how to fix, but I had family members who would be able to sort them out so I wasn't without computer access for too long.

Eventually I would run out of room in my room for my tower (This was mainly due to changes that were happening to my room) and I had to put it and the desktop into my attic. If I had a garage, then I would it there but I don't. It was tough being computerless especially as I would be starting high school soon and I got myself a laptop.

So even though I now have a laptop which was used for school stuff, I did continue to play games on it (For example I currently have a GBA emulator on there). I also use it for creative purposes like writing fanfics, random art, etc, although I guess I should port some of that onto flash drives to save space. Either that or having some of my games on flash drives, for example when I was at college I had a copy of Battlefield 1942 on a flash drive and me and some of my classmates played it in class.

I should say though it wasn't long until I started to have issues with my laptop. On August 7th 2010, and yes I can remember the exact date because A, my memory is awkward like that and B, the Duelist Revolution sneak peek was that weekend and I remembered that this happened the day before the tournament. Anyway on that day, I accidentily knocked some of my drink over my laptop and even though it still worked, some of the keys stopped working and I had to use an on screen keyboard for those keys.

I had to live with having to use the onscreen keyboard for about a month, by then I had just started college, at which point I would be able to obtain a USB keyboard within a couple of weeks.

The problems didn't stop there however. One night in 2013, I hadn't moved my table away from my bed and my backside knocked it over and my laptop fell to the floor, the only damage it received was to the hinges and I have to support the screen using the box to one of my old board games.

So that's pretty much it. Hopefully I'll get a new laptop for christmas, I know I could do with a new one and I suppose it'll be a fresh start.

Games: Pokemon Tales, Missy the Beedrill

Welcome to Pokemon Tales, a segment where I talk about my many experiences with the pokemon games. This week I will be talking about Missy the Beedrill from my Soul Silver Wedlocke.

I loved Missy, she became one of my favourites as the wedlocke progressed. Definitely a fighter indeed, but there was a time when I didn't care much for her. You see when I caught her, she was a Modest Kakuna, she had to be babied by her partner, Viper the Ekans until she became a Beedrill but her nature held her back a bit. It was tough in the early stages and I will admit that when I caught her that I wanted her dead, but I realised that was cruel and I would be missing out on potential and I definitely believed in her potential.

And that's the thing with nuzlockes and its variants, sometimes you get handed a pokemon with a bad nature or a pokemon that isn't very good altogether, but if you work with it, you'll find that it may have hidden potential and even get quite far. ImagIne my surprise when I found out that my Beedrill had 5 IVs (Everything but HP).

I knew that working with Beedrill would be a challenge, especially a Modest one, but hey I can't really complain when I'm getting results and she's taking names. She would even survive all the way to the Elite Four where her partner, a 5IV Umbreon (Yeah, I was pretty lucky in that regard) would defeat four of Lance's pokemon, that's including the three Dragonites, all to defend Missy.

As I got further and further into Kanto, I grew to love Missy more and more and hoped that she would survive to the very end, in fact I would consider her to be one of my favourite pokemon I had used in a nuzlocke. Sure I never got to use her against Red but I felt she had done all that she needed to do on my journey anyway.

In conclusion, through the experiences that I have had with Missy, I definitely like Beedrills more and I had been tempted to use a Beedrill for the lulz online, and when Mega Beedrill was revealed, I felt like it was a sign. It was as if Missy knew that she would be getting a Mega evolution and used that as motivation throughout her time on my team.

Archived