There's only one ruling on Dark World that has eluded me...

Guest Chaos Pudding

No one can seem to tell me with any certainty what happens when you use Card Destruction after you use Exchange and your opponent has your Goldd. I'm pretty sure the card is still Special Summoned, but I really don't know whether it gains its second effect.

Guest Chaos Pudding

Well under fair assumtpions' date=' since Goldd is in your opponent's hand, and you activate it, I'd assume Goldd gets his effect because he was sent to the graveyard by an opponent's card effect.

Just saying, don't quote me on this.

>_>;;;

[/quote']

See? That's exactly what I mean. They really need to pull a "Because we say so" ruling on this thing.

And I just quoted you. What choo goin do about it?

hmmm situational but i believe that when you activate exchange then goldd becomes the owner of the card. Activating card destruction i think causes it to be discarded and treated as being discarded by the oponnents card effect. Thus 2 nd effect activates dont hold me to it though as im not 100% sure

Email Metagames ruling person with the question

Man, I'm totally going to burn down your house but besides that...

Well since Goldd states "If this card is discarded from the hand to the Graveyard by an opponent's card effect" since you aren't the current owner of Goldd (making you the opponent) thanks to Exchange, I think you get effect # 2.

Guest Chaos Pudding

The opponent is still considered the owner of the card you take by the effect of "Exchange" for all purposes. At least, that's what the wiki says. Who knows how accurate it is?

Man' date=' I'm totally going to burn down your house but besides that...

Well since Goldd states "If this card is discarded from the hand to the Graveyard by an opponent's card effect" since you aren't the current owner of Goldd (making you the opponent) thanks to Exchange, I think you get effect # 2.

[/quote']

But we know from COSR's synergy with Dark World that the first effect activates in the graveyard, so I'd have thought that the second effect would decide whether or not to activate no sooner than that.

The opponent is still considered the owner of the card you take by the effect of "Exchange" for all purposes. At least' date=' that's what the wiki says. Who knows how accurate it is?

[/quote']

It goes to your grave when discarded. You are the owner.

EXCHANGE

You cannot activate "Exchange" if you have no other card in your hand besides "Exchange".

The opponent is still considered the owner of the card you take by the effect of "Exchange" for all purposes.

If you take your opponent’s "Kuriboh" through the effect of "Exchange" you may discard it to activate its effect (but it is discarded to your opponent’s Graveyard).

RULING: Goldd is your monster.

EXCHANGE

You cannot activate "Exchange" if you have no other card in your hand besides "Exchange".

The opponent is still considered the owner of the card you take by the effect of "Exchange" for all purposes.

If you take your opponent’s "Kuriboh" through the effect of "Exchange" you may discard it to activate its effect (but it is discarded to your opponent’s Graveyard).

But that doesn't mean that it necessarily won't activate Goldd's second effect; after all, Goldd is controlled by the opponent, and Creature Swapping a Morphing Jar to the opponent and then attacking it can activate Goldd's effect.

EXCHANGE

But that doesn't mean that it necessarily won't activate Goldd's second effect; after all' date=' Goldd is controlled by the opponent, and Creature Swapping a Morphing Jar to the opponent and then attacking it can activate Goldd's effect.

[/quote']

At that time, the effect is controlled (activated) by your opponent. Effects and cards themselves are two different things xP

FIRST THING FIRST! OWNERSHIP OF A CARD NEVER CHANGES, ONLY CONTROL!

Okay, here is how i put it, lets use two cards that are similar, yet completely different.

Dark necrofear has an effect that when it is Destroyed by your opponent its effect goes off and it takes control of your opponents monster. Now the ruling is that if you Snatch Steal / Brain Control it, and it is than destroyed by Your own card or By battle than sent to Your(owners) Graveyard, its effect DOES NOT ACTIVATE. So in the same sence, if you discard Gold from your Opponents hand into your graveyard with Your own card, it WONT ACTIVATE THE 2ND EFFECT. Again, im only a lvl1 Judge, and if you want a ruling by a judge lvl 2 or higher(max 3) Go to UDE'S Main Forum. I'll provide link only if you pm me, i dont wanna advertise.

Guest Chaos Pudding

Well' date=' Raven has now said that, since the effect would activate on your field, it does not activate as by that point you are not your own opponent.

That's confirmation.

[/quote']

Who or what is Raven?

Archived