Shipmiko.dek [Discussion Thread(Somewhat)]

宇佐見 蓮子@C94

Part 2 of 2 of the Miko Archetype I made a year ago. Basically I just updated it with some new cards because I was bored and I had spare images lying around.

[spoiler=Cards maybe idk]

jYCdC5v.jpg

When this card is Synchro Summoned successfully: Reveal the top 3 cards of your deck; Special Summon any "Miko" monsters revealed, ignoring the summoning conditions. Shuffle the rest of the revealed cards back to your deck. Once per turn, when this card is to be destroyed: You can tribute 1 "Miko" monster on your field OR Banish 1 "Miko" monster from your graveyard; It is not destroyed, and inflict 1200 damage to your opponent.

pVP445b.jpg

2 Level 4 LIGHT Monsters
When this card is Xyz Summoned: You can Special Summon as many "Miko" monsters in your hand as possible, equal to the number of this card's Xyz Materials. All "Miko" monsters you control gain 300 ATK. Destroy all "Miko" monsters on the field when this card leaves the field. Destroy this card on the End Phase of your turn unless you detach 1 Xyz Material from it.

Y1BDf9E.jpg

When this card in your hand or deck is revealed by a card effect: You can Special Summon it. When this card is Special Summoned by it's own effect: You can target 1 Monster on the field; negate it's effects, and if you do: When you are Synchro Summoning a LIGHT Synchro Monster using this card as Synchro Material: You can treat this card's level as any level between 1 and the level of the targeted monster.

ydmzDaV.jpg

When this card is added to your hand (either by card effect or by Drawing it): You can reveal it to your opponent. When this card in your hand is Revealed by a card effect: Special Summon this card from your hand. If you do, target 1 Face-up card on the field; Destroy it.

C1DJngK.jpg

When this card destroys a monster by battle: Reveal 1 card in your hand; Add 1 "Miko" monster from your deck to your hand. This card has to be face-up to activate and resolve this effect. During your opponent's turn, if the only monsters you control are "Miko" monsters: You can Banish this card in your graveyard and another card in your hand; Negate the activation of an effect that would destroy a monster(s) you control.

[/spoiler]

[url=http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/301100-project-shrine-maiden-toyo-set-89/]Original Set[/url]

Hotfix 13/01/15: Nagato swarms from the grave, Musashi adds immediately after a pop and ATK up by 100.

All five of the above as well as the core Miko cards are available on DP. Problem is, they're stuck on Yugico and I'm far far far far far too lazy to fetch their images, let alone update them on YCM template. So yeah. Discuss I guess idk.

The archetype is solid. Arahitogami and Hiei can generate pluses just by drawing them, and Kaguyahime is great at turning Mikos in the hand live while keeping your card advantage up with its search effect.

The Level6+ monsters are barely needed in my opinion, although in theory you could make a variant around them using The Monarchs Stormforths and Divine Festival. But a Level4 variant of the deck should work just fine.

Thanks to Hiei, the deck benefits from Dark Renewal, which, like Stormforth, is a good removal card. You could also tech 1 or 2 bigger DARK Spellcasters at the risk of dead-drawing them.

The Level-changing effect of the Tuner is silly and unrealiable, and in my opinion is it better to just run Synchro8s in the Extra Deck instead of spending space on LIGHT Synchros with different Levels just in case you get the chance of sumoning them. I guess this is up to the player's preferences.

Bump. After some testing, I've concluded the deck lacks a boss monster of sorts and it really hurts the late-game. Deck plays like early Blackwings or Six Sam, swarm fast and overwhelm the opponent with extra deck toys.

Changes: Nagato swarms from the grave, Musashi adds immediately after a pop and ATK up by 100.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, at first it was cute, but I think that Arahitogami and Hiei may be pushing it a bit too far. I mean, you get to pop a card AND Special Summon them (for faster Xyz/Synchro plays) just for drawing or revealing them. You can splash them in Rank4 decks for easy pluses. Of course, there is the risk of drawing them in the first hand and/or when there is nothing to pop, but more often than not they do their job well.

I suggest to remove that first effect from both Arahitogami and Hiei. That should be enough to keep them on check and further encourage players to rely on other effects to reveal them.

Well, at first it was cute, but I think that Arahitogami and Hiei may be pushing it a bit too far. I mean, you get to pop a card AND Special Summon them (for faster Xyz/Synchro plays) just for drawing or revealing them. You can splash them in Rank4 decks for easy pluses. Of course, there is the risk of drawing them in the first hand and/or when there is nothing to pop, but more often than not they do their job well.

I suggest to remove that first effect from both Arahitogami and Hiei. That should be enough to keep them on check and further encourage players to rely on other effects to reveal them.

Hmm.... Hiei and Arahi are really the main cards of the deck, and what seals them in T1 aside from Kaguya. I'm thinking more of not revealing it by drawing, since I'd like to keep the fluidity of swarming with Kaguya. Still, if it proves too powerful I'll change them.

Hmm.... Hiei and Arahi are really the main cards of the deck, and what seals them in T1 aside from Kaguya. I'm thinking more of not revealing it by drawing, since I'd like to keep the fluidity of swarming with Kaguya. Still, if it proves too powerful I'll change them.

Yes, that should be fair in my opinion. To be honest, that's actually the fix I meant to suggest: not revealing it when it is drawn. But I forgot the first effect also included revealing it when it was added to the hand, which is why I suggested to remove it.

• 4 weeks later...

Atago: The burn is to big and it reads as an afterthought anyway. I would highly recommend deleting it. Your opponent should not be punished for trying to play the game. While I'm not a fan of the possible summoning +3 either it seems like that is somehow part of the theme for this set. 

Akagi: Okay, I think DP meta is actually accepting of level modulating tuners that can freely ss themselves. Since she doesn't "+" though I'm actually pretty fine with it.

Hiei: No, just no, simply putting her in your hand means the opponent has to get rid of a card. No hard OPT either so this can just be senseless plussing. At the very least a hard OPT is needed.

Musashi: More reasons to nerf Hiei.

So its clear that I read from the top and worked my way down. So while I don't understand Musashi's fix...I know I don't like Nagato. Why just plussing from the grave...because reasons doesn't seem truly fair at all. 

Original Set:

Arahitogami: See Hiei

Kaguya:....So she perpetually searches and plusses...Not a fan of this. Even Bujins maintained the illusion of their perpetual searching while keeping them at +0.

Okami: While I personally think something so defensive should have lower stats it is actually pretty fine.

Spirit-Arahitogami: It was deliciously awesome until the last sentence where it fetches that arahitogami. So now its: More reasons to nerf Arahitogami

Spirit-Okami: I have a personal hate fire for stall cards. I find they are just in general bad for the gamestate and don't progress anyone's agenda (if its a righteous and fair one anyway) at all. The fact that this thing will clearly leading to plussing afterwards is very excessive. I would suggest negate one attack or negate one effect that targets or something on that line.

Spirit-Kaguyahime: Its more balanced than its based form...I have no suggestions its borderline perfect.

Amaterasu: Spam generator and a Harpie's Feather Duster. Definitely not a fan. I could easily see popping two backrow...or getting rid of the spam generator.

Shrine: Well since all the spamming is hand based I can't honestly have a problem with it. So yeah gj on that one. 

In short, I can see why these would be T1. The base cards are soo fundamentally unhealthy that the best part about them is that are spellcasters and not warriors. While I'm sure they are probably fun to play/use. I can tell that I wouldn't have fun playing against them. Watching as my opponent simply searching for a card is most likely going to be a -1 for me is basically punishment for attempting to play the game. It takes the worst part of playing against H.A.T. amplifies it and adds on a spam engine. 

Archived