[Card Discussion] Necro Plasma

VampireofDarkness

u3n9zdb.jpg

During either player's turn: You can discard this card from your hand to the Graveyard, then declare 1 Monster Type; monsters with the declared Monster Type cannot activate their effects until the end of this turn. You can only use this effect of "Necro Plasma" once per turn.

So I tried this out in the tournament actually as a side card, and basically this was the main reason I won against Crags Game 3, (Prevented some searching and probably some protection I would have had to get over since I didn't have access to anything better than M7) but one of the reasons I lost against Sky Conqueors. (Where I had to face the Tour Guide & BLS engines instead and eventually set this card before I could call Winged Beast) It definitely has reasons to be better than Veiler, but it also has less potential to be live, especially depending on the Deck. Possibly the Hachi of hand traps? Note that similar to Hachi and the inherent Special Summon, you have to call the type BEFORE the effect activates.

Discuss.....

As you pointed out, its main "weakness" is that you have to discard it preemptively so it will rarely negate at least 1 card and "break even", unlike Veiler. You could say it is more like Droll & Lock Bird than Veiler, Maxx C, etc.

On the other hand, it has unique applications because it can work as both Veiler AND Skull Meister in 1, since I believe it will also stop monsters in the grave, banished, and even in the hand and deck (.e.g Serpentine Princess).

Hmm, now that I think about it, you could bring the best out of it by studying the current metagame, and calling the monster type right after the opponent makes a play or sets a combo up. For instance, in TCG BAs, as soon as you see TGU Normal Summoned, just call Fiends, and even if the opponent brings Scarm/whatever, its main Deck BAs will remain locked for the rest of the turn, anyways.

So, I would say the card is good, just need to do your homework and play it smartly.

As you pointed out, its main "weakness" is that you have to discard it preemptively so it will rarely negate at least 1 card and "break even", unlike Veiler. You could say it is more like Droll & Lock Bird than Veiler, Maxx C, etc.

On the other hand, it has unique applications because it can work as both Veiler AND Skull Meister in 1, since I believe it will also stop monsters in the grave, banished, and even in the hand and deck (.e.g Serpentine Princess).

Hmm, now that I think about it, you could bring the best out of it by studying the current metagame, and calling the monster type right after the opponent makes a play or sets a combo up. For instance, in TCG BAs, as soon as you see TGU Normal Summoned, just call Fiends, and even if the opponent brings Scarm/whatever, its main Deck BAs will remain locked for the rest of the turn, anyways.

So, I would say the card is good, just need to do your homework and play it smartly.

Since you brough up BA, even better, call Warrior, now they can't mill with Dante period, and have to work from their hand to make combos. But yes, you need to know what you're doing, but when you do, it's fantastic

It's a good card. Or rather, even better - it's a balanced card. I have no problems with this card's existence - it is just another hate card, except unlike Rivalry of Warlords it hoses single-Type decks instead. The opportunity cost is sufficient.

Archived