Ancient Sorceress Hijiri [Discus cushion Thread]

宇佐見 蓮子@C94

Fieb0T4.jpg

Once per turn, during your Battle Phase: you can detach 2 Xyz materials from this card; negate the effects of all other cards on the field until the start of your next Main Phase 1. As long as this card is face up on the field, neither players can special summon Xyz monsters.

now with updated card art! With Seasonal Heralds making their debut on DP, this particular rank 5 needs to be discussed. It was overpowered when I made it, but maybe now it isn't.

It doesn't seem that overpowered, given that it usually just stops whatever continuous defenses your opponent has up from working. The Xyz monster lockout is probably the harsher effect of the two, as many decks rely on making Xyz monsters for answers.

I feel like some Decks would cry over this card. In fact, I would argue in terms of irritation that it outclasses Ophion in terms of its actual goal, because at the very least Castel is gonna say goodbye to Ophion, while this just says no to.... Anything Xyz related, which makes some Decks (Mostly lower Tier) just lose. However, this can be fixed. Change the lock to "While this card has Xyz Materials, Rank 5 or higher Xyz Monsters cannot be Special Summoned" and that will fix half the issues. The rest will be fixed by the fact that usually Decks that go into 5 and higher have built in answers, so it will be the job of said Hijiri player to be aware of this. It would still disrupt certain Decks, but certainly not on the level Ophion himself goes on Synchro based Decks

Archived