[Archetype] - Lumens - Making dice legit

Valkyrus

monsters:

noQlyob.jpg

While this card is in your Graveyard, if the result of any 1 die roll is 1, you can: Special Summon this card from your Graveyard. You can discard this card to the Graveyard: Add 1 "Gamble Mayhem" from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand.

fDM313p.jpg

While this card is in your Graveyard, if the result of any 1 die roll is 2, you can: Special Summon this card from your Graveyard. Once per turn, you can roll 1 six-sided die once: Excavate a number of cards from the top of your Deck equal to the result and then send any excavated "Lumen" monster cards to the Graveyard. Shuffle the rest into the Deck

PHqmtut.jpg

While this card is in your Graveyard, if the result of any 1 die roll is 3, you can: Special Summon this card from your Graveyard. When this card is Normal Summoned, you can: Roll 1 six-sided die; Add 1 "Lumen" monster from your Deck to your hand that is a level equal to the result.

XRu2eNQ.jpg

While this card is in your Graveyard, if the result of any 1 die roll is 4, you can: Special Summon this card from your Graveyard. Once per turn, during either player's turn, you can roll 1 six-sided die once: Increase the ATK of 1 face-up "Lumen" monster you control equal to the result x100. This effect lasts until the End Phase.

N8mcjNl.jpg

While this card is in your Graveyard, if the result of any 1 die roll is 5, you can: Special Summon this card from your Graveyard but its ATK is halved. When this card is tribute summoned by tributing a "Lumen" monster, you can: Roll 1 six-sided die once;
* if the result is 2 or 4: Destroy 1 Spell/Trap card the field.
* If the result is 3 or 5: Destroy up to 2 Spell/trap cards on the field.
* if the result is 1 or 6: Destroy all Spell/Trap cards your opponent controls

BUfa8O6.jpg

While this card is in your Graveyard, if the result of any 1 die roll is 6, you can: Special Summon this card from your Graveyard but its ATK is halved.When this card is Tribute Summoned, you can: Roll 1 six-sided die twice; Send all face-up monsters your opponent controls to the Graveyard that are a Level/Rank equal to either of the results.

L1Yk0LV.jpg

Once per turn, when you roll a six-sided die or toss a coin, you can send this card from your hand to the Graveyard and declare an approapriate result: 1,2,3,4,5,6/Heads,Tails. That die roll/ coin toss becomes the declared result.

S/T:

bQh432V.jpg

Each time a level 7 or lower monster is Summoned, roll a six-sided die: the Summoned monster's level becomes equal to the result. Each time a die is rolled: put 1 Gamble Counter on this card. You can remove 1 Gamble Counter from this card to activate 1 of the following effects:
* Increase 1 face-up monster's level by 1
* Decrease 1 face-up monster's level by 1

a6JMvur.jpg

Once per turn, you can declare 2 numbers from 1 to 6: Roll 1 six-sided die once; If the result is one of the declared numbers, you can draw 1 card.

vSyJGDM.jpg

Send 2 "Lumen" monsters with different levels from your Deck to your Graveyard. Then, you can roll 1 six-sided die once.

EDIT:
Nerfed Archangel and Goddess

It feels very strange looking at the art, since I play PAD (I'm on JP). I guess it works?!

Okay so. First it appears to me that your cards lack OPT clauses when SSing from the Graveyard. Okay, fine, maybe you want to summon a couple guys at the same time ... that's not particularly good or bad, depending on what your other cards do. It's probably intended to allow for easier Xyz. Your low-level dorks are probably also mostly okay. But you have a huge amount of power budget frontloaded onto Lumen Archangel and Goddess, not to mention Gamble Mayhem basically says "Your opponent cannot Xyz Summon while this card is face-up 90% of the time". Why does Archangel have the ability to Heavy Storm and then have you purely plus off it? Why does Goddess have the ability to sweep the entirety of your opponent's field like 70% of the time (I didn't actually do the math but depending on the deck it will be like this), as well as all the opponent's boss monsters? It's not like your opponent can Xyz so they'd be forced to Fuse or Synchro, so there goes the game.

tl;dr your power budget is heavily skewed towards your Monarch effects. I don't like Lumen Sense because it seems like a dangerous card given what your deck does, but I cannot make a reliable snap judgment without actually seeing your deck in action. Snipe Hunter also seems very very good but that is probably fine (mostly me just commenting about it).

I know there is the gamble factor, et cetera ... but that just means it's not the most consistent for tournament play.

It feels very strange looking at the art, since I play PAD (I'm on JP). I guess it works?!

Okay so. First it appears to me that your cards lack OPT clauses when SSing from the Graveyard. Okay, fine, maybe you want to summon a couple guys at the same time ... that's not particularly good or bad, depending on what your other cards do. It's probably intended to allow for easier Xyz. Your low-level dorks are probably also mostly okay. But you have a huge amount of power budget frontloaded onto Lumen Archangel and Goddess, not to mention Gamble Mayhem basically says "Your opponent cannot Xyz Summon while this card is face-up 90% of the time". Why does Archangel have the ability to Heavy Storm and then have you purely plus off it? Why does Goddess have the ability to sweep the entirety of your opponent's field like 70% of the time (I didn't actually do the math but depending on the deck it will be like this), as well as all the opponent's boss monsters? It's not like your opponent can Xyz so they'd be forced to Fuse or Synchro, so there goes the game.

tl;dr your power budget is heavily skewed towards your Monarch effects. I don't like Lumen Sense because it seems like a dangerous card given what your deck does, but I cannot make a reliable snap judgment without actually seeing your deck in action. Snipe Hunter also seems very very good but that is probably fine (mostly me just commenting about it).

I know there is the gamble factor, et cetera ... but that just means it's not the most consistent for tournament play.

I can give you a picture since I dueled against those.
They mill like crazy and roll around 3 times average a turn if I remember correctly.
About turn 2 or 3 he covered most of the die sides in his graveyard, making it easy to replenish at least 3 of these a turn.

There's a breach here obviously - but I'm not sure where exactly and how to fix it.
There idea is 10/10 great.

(it's pretty easy to find similar art in PAD, so thought I might as well (I'm on the US version))

Anyway, Archangel is basically a worse/better Mobius depending on the die roll you get and I have no way to manipulate that here except for discarding "Lumen Lucky" or having that one trap out on the field that makes the result either 1 or 6 (but that would destroy the trap anyway and is a bit too much setup to be viable). Also, in the best case scenario it destroys 3 or more S/Ts your opponent has (and people don't often have that much backrow) and pluses off the cards you lose yourself. Might make it so it only destroys your opponent's S/Ts but not sure if it would be better that way.

Goddess though, yeah, might be too much with the non-destructive mass removal, I can make her destroy instead of send and only those levels that I roll too instead of those I don't. That gives her a 33% chance of actually hitting something. Otherwise, can't manipulate her results too much either since Lumen Lucky only changes 1 result. (also she is the only Lumen to have a monster removal effect.)

The field is the heart of this deck though. It's a nice stun card for monarch/tribute/ritual/fusion decks in my opinion where level doesn't usually matter.

With its level changing eff it can also make the deck more consistent in taking out Synchro/Xyz so it could work in tournament play somehow.

Also, as Voltex noted when we played together it wouldn't be possible to SS 2 Lumens of the same level by their effects at once (something I didn't know at the time I played Marco). So it lowers the risk of swarming too fast too easily. And it requires graveyard setup that unless I'm really lucky will pay off for sure by the 3rd-4th turn.

Sense is also very luck-oriented (1 out of 3 chance of draw) and wouldn't be very useful in any other deck to my knowledge. It can combo with Lumen Lucky but in that case you will only +1 since I can't SS more than 1 of the same level from grave.

As for the OPT clauses, I might have to put them on all of them but I'm worried it will slow them down too much. I'll have to test them some more and see.

I can give you a picture since I dueled against those.
They mill like crazy and roll around 3 times average a turn if I remember correctly.
About turn 2 or 3 he covered most of the die sides in his graveyard, making it easy to replenish at least 3 of these a turn.

There's a breach here obviously - but I'm not sure where exactly and how to fix it.
There idea is 10/10 great.

The ones that mill are only Angel and Lumens Descend. Not nearly as much as Lightsworn do though.
Also all the S/Ts I use use dice obviously so if I don't constantly roll, the deck becomes useless.

And in our game I didn't know that I couldnt SS 2 or more Lumens by their effects at the same time so I might have done some crazy combo that wouldn't normally be possible (with multiples of gambler to be exact).

Sense itself isn't great, but it gives you two free dice rolls / turn. That's the really strong part because that usually means 2 free SS per turn.

I understand the purpose of the Field Spell, but it feels really heavy-handed in its execution and you noted yourself that it's a Stun card (though it doesn't protect against destruction, which is good, you have a monster-form terraforming, which makes it consistent). Plus it lets you get off free SSes during your opponent's turn - it's the only card that does that, but it seems to propel the gamestate into a situation where you either kill the Field or get swarmed by random chump blockers, on top of the desirability to kill the Field because it stops plays.

I can totally see how your deck is reliant on the Field though. I have no advice regarding that specifically, and it's probably not actually broken; different design philosophy, et cetera.

The reason you don't want just Heavy Storm on Archangel is presumably because it'll break your continuous cards. Well, Duster is probably okay theoretically. It breaks even with Mobius 66% of the time regardless of case, but being able to see fresh cards at the cost of (searchable) spent resources is something I don't like in the Heavy w/ benefits effect - if it were just Duster then it'd be about as good as Hyunlei a third of the time, which is fine.

Sense itself isn't great, but it gives you two free dice rolls / turn. That's the really strong part because that usually means 2 free SS per turn.

I understand the purpose of the Field Spell, but it feels really heavy-handed in its execution and you noted yourself that it's a Stun card (though it doesn't protect against destruction, which is good, you have a monster-form terraforming, which makes it consistent). Plus it lets you get off free SSes during your opponent's turn - it's the only card that does that, but it seems to propel the gamestate into a situation where you either kill the Field or get swarmed by random chump blockers, on top of the desirability to kill the Field because it stops plays.

I can totally see how your deck is reliant on the Field though. I have no advice regarding that specifically, and it's probably not actually broken; different design philosophy, et cetera.

The reason you don't want just Heavy Storm on Archangel is presumably because it'll break your continuous cards. Well, Duster is probably okay theoretically. It breaks even with Mobius 66% of the time regardless of case, but being able to see fresh cards at the cost of (searchable) spent resources is something I don't like in the Heavy w/ benefits effect - if it were just Duster then it'd be about as good as Hyunlei a third of the time, which is fine.

Sense doesn't give you 2 dice rolls though, you declare 2 numbers but roll once per turn.

And I'll fix Archangel to kill only opp's S/T and Goddess to kill monsters of the same level as the rolls instead of the opposite.

Ah, that's probably okay then. Honestly imo Goddess should be both more and less reliable ... it shouldn't hit every high level monster, but neither should it hit 0 high level monsters. What about rolling 2 dice, then sending to grave 1 monster that has lower level/rank than the total?

Ah, that's probably okay then. Honestly imo Goddess should be both more and less reliable ... it shouldn't hit every high level monster, but neither should it hit 0 high level monsters. What about rolling 2 dice, then sending to grave 1 monster that has lower level/rank than the total?

That's actually a pretty good idea. Although even if she doesn't hit anything she still rolls a die twice which can SS 2 different Lumens as a result even if she doesn't end up doing anything.

Archived