DP getting its own section

Flash Flyer - Sakura

5 members have voted

1. 1. Should DP warrant its own subsection outside of Casual (where it is right now)?

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/328148-moving-duel-portal-sub-forum-to-advancedgiving-it-its-own-section/

Since there are mixed opinions on whether this should warrant its own subsection, we'll leave it to a democratic vote to decide what to do with it.

Basically, vote in the poll and explain any reasoning you may have regarding the matter.

Members familiar with this section are eligible to vote.

Poll will be open for a week; you have until Jan 26, 2015, 6:00 pm HST to vote)

Nai and I will discuss what to do about the section after results are tallied up, and ultimately render a final decision.

--------------

Remember guys; no vote, no grumble.

(Meaning that if you didn't bother to vote on this, don't complain if things go how you wanted)

Biggest question is why is this even being brought up among members. Are you all that indecisive? Just look at the main points, similar to why Pop Culture was removed. I trust you gave it its own section because the thread needed to be reworked all the time due to the constant posts in it and it was a means to an end.

Does the Duel Portal get activity enough to warrant a main board section? Or does it do better as a subsection as is? Would changing it to a main board section guarantee the point of the change?

If the foremost and latter are yes then do it. If not then don't. Simple as that. We members do not need input on it. At all.

Ultimately, Nai and I [Zextra also, if he's available] will have the final say in what the best course of action is for this section, but more/less a way to have members express their thoughts on the matter. 

I'm neutral on wherever this goes, so not voting either or right now.

Granted, this section was only brought up by request in that DP tournament a couple weeks ago; essentially members wanted a place to discuss the DP metagame and things; similar to what TCG does for actual cards.

As of now, two pages isn't a lot of discussion compared to the other sections; even though people are posting a good amount of things in here daily.

(Or put another way, if the section does get a lot bigger and up to a reasonable standard later on, what should we do with it?)

Ultimately, Nai and I [Zextra also, if he's available] will have the final say in what the best course of action is for this section, but more/less a way to have members express their thoughts on the matter. 

I'm neutral on wherever this goes, so not voting either or right now.

Granted, this section was only brought up by request in that DP tournament a couple weeks ago; essentially members wanted a place to discuss the DP metagame and things; similar to what TCG does for actual cards.

As of now, two pages isn't a lot of discussion compared to the other sections; even though people are posting a good amount of things in here daily.

(Or put another way, if the section does get a lot bigger and up to a reasonable standard later on, what should we do with it?)

So then what is the point of voting or this thread? Why not just commandeer the thread made in Suggestions, move it here and stick it, rework the opening to discuss the merits, points and source links for proof of topic discussion and then discuss it amongst yourselves in private. You have that ability. No need to be so grandiose about something other members should see coming from miles away.

I'd discuss this with Nai in PMs, but they're busy with work lately.

Then again, this was the case with some recent DP things; we have things brought up, but not much discussion goes on.

Anyway, I'll just lock this one (this is what happens when I'm sleep deprived in the mornings) and use that other discussion thread; it's already gotten feedback on what to do with things.

Archived