Ru's Omega Ruby Blog

Premier Alexander Romanov

Well, the DexNav is as addictive as fuck.
Seriously, I spent 6 hours trying to get the perfect Ralts.
Anyways, I'm running out of names to give Pokemon, as well as Pokeballs, so if you want to have a Pokemon named after you, say so, and I'll tell you what Pokemon is named after you later on.
I'm currently in Petalburg Woods, where my OCD is getting the better of me as I try to find a fucking Shroomish to complete the area.

If you got a Slakoth or two, there's a NPC who will trade his Makuhita for one. Makes Roxanne easier to handle, especially since you've missed out on the event Beldum.

If you're interested in EV training, look for a Surskit - it learns Sweet Scent early which is helpful in drawing in Hordes. This will really rack up your search level for the horde participants.

And, yes DexNav is sweet. I've managed to nail a Taillow with Brave Bird at Level 3, and it soon became my mainstay for most of the adventure.

If you got a Slakoth or two, there's a NPC who will trade his Makuhita for one. Makes Roxanne easier to handle, especially since you've missed out on the event Beldum.

If you're interested in EV training, look for a Surskit - it learns Sweet Scent early which is helpful in drawing in Hordes. This will really rack up your search level for the horde participants.

Hey. I've been spending the past 8 months getting my life together after college.
I just bought a 3DS a few days ago, and decided to take a break from my newly-purchased X to play OR.

Ninjask and Shedinja are kinda okay against Brawly, though Taillow or Beautifly get Flying moves to better sweep his team.

I actually meant in terms of aiming towards the endgame.
So far, I'm angling for Gardevoir, Sceptile, and Gyarados as members of the final team, but I'm willing to take suggestions.

TBH, Hoenn's innate Dex is rather mediocre. Especially its options for Fire Pokemon - there's the Slugma line, the Camerupt line, Ninetales line, and Torkoal. Not exactly very good choices barring Ninetales, and even that is an uncommon on Mt Pyre.

The three you mentioned are great endgame team options, though.

Though it gets better near the end as your options expand after you settle Groudon.

TBH, Hoenn's innate Dex is rather mediocre. The three you mentioned are great endgame team options, though.

Though it gets better near the end as your options expand after you settle Groudon.

Also thinking about adding Aggron into the mix. Him and Gardy did me wonders in the original, and now that we have the Physical/Special split, Aggron will live up to the first five letters of its name even more.
Maybe throw in Flygon as well.
Anyways, what do you mean by my options expanding?

Once you capture Groudon, you can get Birch to expand your Pokedex to the National Dex (something you'd normally get post-game), and many more Pokemon become available in areas all over Hoenn - though only available as hidden Pokemon. Look forward to using that DexNav even more!

NANI?!?

Well I will tell you what I used, besides the starter.

Seviper-Decent but it dies pretty easily, I'd say pass

Masquerain- I love it, but it's not very good late game at all

Tropius- Same as above

Camerupt- I actually think it's really good. However it can't handle water types which is a big part of this game. But if you need a Fire type...go for it, it should do decent.

Altaria- Decent...if you use Megas....it is amazing.

Flygon is a great choice, if you don't mind waiting. But I'd say Aggron for sure is a solid pick.

Well, I finally returned to this after a while.
I beat Roxanne and Brawly, and netted a Nincada at LV18, which recently evolved into a Ninjask and a Shedinja.
Debating on keeping the Shedinja onboard, but my current project is my new Magikarp, who will replace Gullah as the Water member of the team when she evolves, and will most likely be one of my choices for going into the Elite Four.
I'm currently training in Slateport City, about to go to the next storyline bit at the Oceanic Museum.
And, as always, I will take suggestions for new friends to capture and add to the team.

Current roster:
[spoiler=Joseph Akira]
LV19 Grovyle ♂
Overgrow
Timid
Miracle Seed
HP: 49
ATK: 29
DEF: 28
Sp.ATK: 39
Sp.DEF: 35
SPD: 46