[Card Discussion] D. D. Door

VampireofDarkness

mWA8BqF.jpg

When this card is activated, banish up to 3 monsters in your Graveyard, and if you do, you can banish 1 card in your hand . "D. D.", "Dimensional", and "Different Dimension" monsters you control gain 300 ATK. Any card sent to your Graveyard is banished instead.

Seeing as how I just realized this card in this format is searchable by Border Master, here's some food for thought. What Decks and/or cards exclusive to DP could run and/or abuse this card?

I'm thinking your D.D.J.s and perhaps Mirage Guardians.

And yeah, this being searchable by Border Master makes it much better than if it was made in TCG, and the 2 of them contribute to "patching" the D.D. archetype. Plus it turns said Border Master into a 2000-ATK beater on the spot. I think it would better to search for Fissure before this, but if it is already out of the deck, then this should be the next top pick.

I'm thinking your D.D.J.s and perhaps Mirage Guardians.
And yeah, this being searchable by Border Master makes it much better than if it was made in TCG, and the 2 of them contribute to "patching" the D.D. archetype. Plus it turns said Border Master into a 2000-ATK beater on the spot. I think it would better to search for Fissure before this, but if it is already out of the deck, then this should be the next top pick.

Fun Fact: DDJs aren't mine. I just helped tune em up cause they were a mess. Probably they will be dropped for a while cause they are still a little too fast, maybe when I decide I want to get a quick 1st place in a tourney :P

Anywho, Mirage Guardians, despite running REDMD and other cards that like a Graveyard, would love this card. As you said, it sometimes is better to get D Fissure, but I personally think there are times (Such as when you need to get something in your Grave banished) when this card would be the better option. However, as a first turn play, the D Fissure to stun your opponent is always the best way to go.

Archived