"The Cleaner" Cherubii Omega [Discussion]

宇佐見 蓮子@C94

T7pBfAZ.jpg

1 Tuner   1 or more non-Tuner monsters
You can only control 1 "Envious Angel - Cherubii". You can also Synchro Summon this card by destroying 2 monsters you control whose total levels equal 8. These effects are negated if you control more cards than your opponent: When this card is Synchro Summoned: You can send 1 card your opponent controls to the graveyard. The activation of this effect cannot be negated. When your opponent Special Summons a monster in their turn: You can discard 1 card and reduce this card's ATK by 500; Place that Monster on the Spell/Trap zone. This effect of "Envious Angel - Cherubii" can only be activated once per turn.

Title is a reference to something I deeply love, if you understand it you get a rep <3.

Anyway, the card is kinda insane with Mikos. You basically get a +2 on summon if you use Ikazuchi, so I might as well get a discussion thread about it.

Rather than editing my above post I will just add my comments here:

The card may be a bit too good. As you already pointed out, its summoning conditions make it similar to a Rank4 in that it doesn't need a Tuner and can be made with 2 Level4s. But a big difference is that while it is as easy to Summon as a Rank4, it packs the punch of a Synchro8 (who normally are stronger than the average Rank4) plus its on-summon destruction condition can trigger floaters and other kind of effects. So, at best you will pop 2 floaters for this and get a +1 Summon, send an opponent's card to the grave with this card's first effect for an additional +1, and then lock its Special Summons for up to 5 times.

Sure, you technically need a card disadvantage to make this live, but considering that such restriction doesn't stop, let's say, Exciton from being effective, I guess the same goes to this card.

It should be noted that this card favors decks with high explosiveness from the hand because, unlike Exciton, it does not count the number of cards there.

This is a rank 4 Xyz Monster in disguise. It would be a pretty good card without the easy-summon condition. The rank 4 Xyz toolbox is very large, however.

Archived