Snow White with the Red Hair (Akagami no Shirayuki-hime)

Agro

I keep forgetting this anime is a thing now. Another thing to add to my watch list... *sighs*

I read the manga a long time ago but, as it was a long time ago, it's obviously updated a lot since then. Will have to get back on that.

especially obi

Despite how you've reassured that it can only get better, there was something that I felt since before I've seen it. That even though the first episode was surprising, it would have at least happened after that. That it really isn't something that quite works well for me.

The second was kinda boring, the third was kinda a better version of it (I did say kinda for pretty much everything...), and I honestly don't like Obi just yet. It's obvious that while he's clearly not made to be that bad a guy, and it will probably show that sooner than later, they purposefully made him just seem like a suspicious bad guy right away (the way I saw it, although that clearly didn't last anywhere near long). The clear point of showing his betterment was when Shirayuki continued after the arrow attack and he got really interested himself. Mischievous guy. I should definitely see more of how he's really going to be, and then I can see where I should go from there.

Also, since I don't recall it being mentioned here yet. Split cour from the start. I generally see that as just a one season break, so expect to see more come winter.

The biggest disappointment thus far is that during the scene where Shirayuki falls down and Obi catches her, in the manga Zen opens a window near the end of their conversation and Obi ends up hiding in the rafters.

I'm wondering if some of the comedic side-talk that shows up constantly in the manga is gonna be left out all the time, because I feel it added a lot to the story.

EDIT: OH they're bringing in the Raj segment into the next episode. Thank goodness. 

[spoiler=We've gone through 7 chapters in 5 episodes. If we keep going at this rate]Their first kiss will be in episode 8 or 9 :O

Now I really gotta wonder how far they're gonna go considering we're going to end up with 25 or 26 episodes total.

Dang, should not have clicked that spoiler.

Oh well.

I like this show a lot, it's got a good atmosphere akin to a Disney film that you don't ever really encounter in anime outside of Miyazaki movies. 

And I like how Shirayuki's able to define herself and exemplify dignity to establish that she's a strong female lead without the show blatantly saying she don't need no man. Zen and the other characters seem cool as well. 

Uh

When should I drop this

I never gave it much thought before, but I find it humorous that everyone else is riding horses while Obi's just Narutoing it up in the trees.

Oh, I also don't like how much of a ninja he is. It makes sense considering his name and appearance, but the rest of the setting just makes it more of a why kind of awkward, rather than humorous. Zen's family is like the only one with an obviously non-Japanese (sur)name, and yet, it still feels this way.

You need to have someone be stealthy, but that (quoted) part doesn't really fit so well as far as I see. Guess that has more to do with the atmosphere described by Fusion, which surprisingly doesn't make an automatic like for me.

*reads Chapter 68*

[spoiler=SQUEE]

tumblr_nsizsodXsX1si3zszo2_500.png

Also, shout out to someone on tumblr for having compiled these images so nicely, and in color.

1. SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE

2. WHY WASN'T THE PAGE I LEFT IN THE SPOILER IN THE SCANLATION I'M READING WTF

• 2 weeks later...

Archived