ShimoHkun1

This is a thread I wanted to make so people can:

Post original music
Ask advice or any question
Talk about your instruments
Tell people about yourself musically

I'll go first
I'm a bassist and singer who enjoys Three Days Grace and Black Veil Brides
I have little live performance experience however I am good enough to.

So let the introductions begin!

I have a feeling this thread is gonna turn into Alcoholics Anonymous for musicians. You should rename the thread "Musicians Anonymous"

Hi, my name is Saber and I play guitar. I like obscure sub-genres of metal, mostly prog, black, death and doom. "Symphonic" can be prefixed to most of those as well. I prefer bands that mix and match their stylistic influences a lot. My favourite bands will likely incorporate jazz fusion, classical and/or folk into their music. 

I'm currently being taught guitar by the guitarist of one of my favourite bands, Haken. I've had four lessons with him and I've improved at least two-fold on guitar. I'm feeling confident enough now to start a band.

If we're asking questions, I have one for you. What do you see in a band like Black Veil Brides? To me they seem like a disjointed mess with every band member wanting to take the music in different directions. They are also terrible lyrically and their frontman is appalling. I'm not going to bitch about the fanbase or the selling out or the usual stuff, I'm just talking from an objectively musical standpoint.

meh why not

Hi im Moog ive played bass for about a year and a half or so and i like listening to Post-Hardcore (Thrice, Thursday, Glassjaw, and Finch) Punk (AFI, Alkaline Trio, Hot Water Music and Jawbreaker) Metalcore (Underoath, Norma Jean, Converge and Poison the Well) Post-Rock (Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Mogwai, Mono and A Silver Mount Zion) Screamo (Envy, Daitro, Raein, Saetia and Jeromes Dream) Prog Metal (Opeth, Between the Buried and Me, Meshuggah and Gojira) Melodeath (In Flames, Dark Tranquillity, At the Gates, Soilwork and Children of Bodom) and Gothic Rock (The Cure, Bauhaus, Joy Division, Chelsea Wolfe and Christian Death) there are some other genres that im fond of though those ones are the genres that come from the top of my head.

If we're asking questions, I have one for you. What do you see in a band like Black Veil Brides? To me they seem like a disjointed mess with every band member wanting to take the music in different directions. They are also terrible lyrically and their frontman is appalling. I'm not going to b**** about the fanbase or the selling out or the usual stuff, I'm just talking from an objectively musical standpoint.

BVB and their atrocious fanbase are the reason why nobody takes Post-Hardcore seriously. the reason why most people who ive known are into them is because their music poppy and accessible, some people who ive encountered find them emotional too (though ive always failed to get any sort of emotional aspect out of their music or enjoyability for that matter, but opinions and all)

Hi, I'm Poc. I play every instrument known to man and some only known to Saturians. I've toured across Ontario and parts of Quebec and have played some shows in the states. I'm pretty eclectic in my music tastes, at least I try to be.

Check out some of my stuff here

http://bloodmoonband.bandcamp.com/

and here

http://reasonslost.bandcamp.com/

and my soundcloud in my signature.

I'm Krow. I've been playing guitar for 8 years now, and despite playing for that long I'm definitely not as good as I should be lol. I play mostly progressive stuff and melodic death metal, but my buddy and I are working on a project most softer than what I usually write. I've been meaning to start learning piano and drums but I lack the funds to do so. Most of my influences draw from Between The Buried and Me and 3rd Line Butterfly.

I have a feeling this thread is gonna turn into Alcoholics Anonymous for musicians. You should rename the thread "Musicians Anonymous"

If we're asking questions, I have one for you. What do you see in a band like Black Veil Brides? To me they seem like a disjointed mess with every band member wanting to take the music in different directions. They are also terrible lyrically and their frontman is appalling. I'm not going to b**** about the fanbase or the selling out or the usual stuff, I'm just talking from an objectively musical standpoint.

Music is a thing to me where everyone is intitled to their opinion so if you don't like what I like, meh, it's all prefence.
I have only met one other person who likes them and we aren't the part of the fan base (or so I'd like to think) I don't get into bands personal stuff (well rarely) i just like the music and as I said it's all preference

I'm Krow. I've been playing guitar for 8 years now, and despite playing for that long I'm definitely not as good as I should be lol. I play mostly progressive stuff and melodic death metal,

Basically this, only 6 years.

I really should practice more.  Whenever I try to record stuff I realize how bad my rhythm is. 

Basically this, only 6 years.

I really should practice more.  Whenever I try to record stuff I realize how bad my rhythm is. 

try quad tracking, then you'll really see how bad your rhythm is. I fucking hate doing quad tracking.

What I said was two separate peices but a combined effort peice but alternating measures is cool too

Ok the rules are as stated in the above post (they seem fine to me but point out problems or questions) we just need even teams...... I might not be able to be in the contest so I will Judge based on sound of the peices and actual sound enjoyment if this is ok

Archived