[Card/Ruling Discussion] Bezheal, the Commander of Courage

Rulings  

3 members have voted

1. 1. If Bezheal is destroyed by battle, should he be allowed to activate his effect in that battle?

• No.
    • Yes.
    • Improve his battle destruction immunity to where this won't come up, like Saintorea.
    • Other (explaining would be nice)

GBD8U5C.jpg

[spoiler='For some reason, he looks familiar...?']2 Level 4 monsters
All monsters you control gain 200 ATK. This attacking monster cannot be destroyed by battle. At the end of the Damage Step, if an opponent's monster that battled this card is not destroyed: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; shuffle that opponent's monster into the Deck.[/spoiler]

There is a ruling issue with this card that I haven't been able to figure out how to solve. Since I think that it's unprecedented, I believe I get to choose how the issue plays out. This issue is "can Bezheal detach materials if he is destroyed by battle?" The only other card I can think of that does something related to Bezheal is Hyper Hammerhead, but Hammerhead doesn't need to detach anything to activate its effect. Some days, I want to say "yes, he can," and some other days I don't want that to happen. So, I'm asking YCM about it.

Oh, and you can also discuss the card if you want to. But it's not like I want you to or anything, b-baka.

Archived