[Discussion]Infernal Deity Alecto, insight to a forming archetype.

Marco Polo

Soon, child, you will witness this in DP,
I'm working on an archetype currently, that involves the Furies.
Each of the furies - Alecto, Tisiphone and Megaera will get a form of a Ritual Monster, and a Ritual Spell of its own.
Each fury has a way to recover her ritual spell OR trade its ritual spell for another "furies" spell to get out a different fury to complement your current needs.

Alecto was one of the Furies/Erinyes in Greek Mythology, a set of 3 deities of vengeance that were said to punish mortals, gods and titans alike in hell.
This is Alecto.
InfernalDeityAlecto254cc.jpg[background=rgb(218,229,214)]
Infernal Deity Alecto [DARK][/background]

Level 8
[Fairy/Ritual/Effect][background=rgb(218,229,214)]
You can Ritual Summon this card (from the hand or Graveyard) with "Tribute to the Furies".[/background]
[background=rgb(218,229,214)]
You can only use each effect of "Infernal Deity Alecto" once per turn.
: You can discard this card, then target 1 "Furies" Ritual Spell Card in your Graveyard; add it to your hand. [/background]
[background=rgb(218,229,214)]
: When this card is Ritual Summoned: You can target 1 other monster on the field; negate its effects while this card is face-up on the field.
: During either player's turn: You can return this card to your hand; destroy 1 face-up monster whose effects are negated.
[ATK/2650 DEF/1800] DNTE-EN065[/background]

The Ritual Spell is written for now, just finished doing the art of alecto:
This card can be used to Ritual Summon "Infernal Deity Alecto" from your hand or Graveyard. You must also Tribute monsters from your field or hand whose total Levels equal 8 or more, OR banish monsters from your Graveyard whose total Levels equal 8.

Discuss. ^^
I'm going to have it done quite slowly since each card demands an artwork, but soon we'll have all 3. Hopefully I finish all 3 by the time DP gets back online.

This card would be less unfair if instead of reutrning itself to hand, it tributed itself and could only target the card it negated.

It does kill only the card it negated, look at the pic. I copied the effect wrong.
And it must return to the hand, that's the core of this card, how is that not fair?

The issue is that at present, as long as you fill your graveyard with stars (not really that difficult especially because this deck loves milling their ritual spells AND ritual monsters), you can destroy as many of your opponent's faceup monsters as you want, and then toolbox into any of the other Furies ritual spells. There are a lot of different ways to tackle this issue, like making it so you can't banish from grave for the ritual spell or making it so you cant ritual summon the monster from your graveyard, or just nerfing the effect.

The issue is that at present, as long as you fill your graveyard with stars (not really that difficult especially because this deck loves milling their ritual spells AND ritual monsters), you can destroy as many of your opponent's faceup monsters as you want, and then toolbox into any of the other Furies ritual spells. There are a lot of different ways to tackle this issue, like making it so you can't banish from grave for the ritual spell or making it so you cant ritual summon the monster from your graveyard, or just nerfing the effect.

I decided to go on nerfing to make sure it is still possible to pull her out rather easy but only OPT to not screw the other player.
Sorry I didn't reply a whole week, been in a desert trip :/
I am on my phone and computer is off so I could only change the text and not the picture. Bear with me lol.

How about now?

Well not it's just OPT your opponent loses a monster. Or it's OPT you summon a 2650 beater, negate a monster, swing into another monster with your large body and then kill their monster after or next turn or whenever you want. Maybe you chain the effect to your opponent trying to get rid of your 2650 beater. The only cost is 8 levels in your graveyard.

So it's still not ok. Sorry.

Well not it's just OPT your opponent loses a monster. Or it's OPT you summon a 2650 beater, negate a monster, swing into another monster with your large body and then kill their monster after or next turn or whenever you want. Maybe you chain the effect to your opponent trying to get rid of your 2650 beater. The only cost is 8 levels in your graveyard.

So it's still not ok. Sorry.

I'm 100% sure you're exaggerating, I'll test when DP comes back up.

This card is extremely strong because there's no way to actually reasonably remove it. (3) is a quick effect that allows it to dodge anything provided there is a reasonable target (which there will be, because of (2)!), because - the return is a cost. Additionally, since it gets bounced you can just straight up get the Ritual back. I think that's the concern BtanH has; you can do this a number of times, and each time it only costs you 8 levels in the Graveyard. This is a very very powerful proposition, and the card has strong stats too.

Basically this card is a 1-man army in terms of the fact that it repeatedly +1s every turn without the opponent being able to stop it much. The counterpoint that might be made is that it costs you 8 levels in the Graveyard ... but I'm not convinced that that's a healthy model.

Right now the Ritual Spell is a Nekroz Cycle that's also a Nekroz Exomirror. Think about that for a second.

This card is extremely strong because there's no way to actually reasonably remove it. (3) is a quick effect that allows it to dodge anything provided there is a reasonable target (which there will be, because of (2)!), because - the return is a cost. Additionally, since it gets bounced you can just straight up get the Ritual back. I think that's the concern BtanH has; you can do this a number of times, and each time it only costs you 8 levels in the Graveyard. This is a very very powerful proposition, and the card has strong stats too.

Basically this card is a 1-man army in terms of the fact that it repeatedly +1s every turn without the opponent being able to stop it much. The counterpoint that might be made is that it costs you 8 levels in the Graveyard ... but I'm not convinced that that's a healthy model.

Right now the Ritual Spell is a Nekroz Cycle that's also a Nekroz Exomirror. Think about that for a second.

The 3rd effect was at first different in sense that it destroyed as cost and returned itself as effect.
I swiped the two due to feedback in RC section, and feel inclined to return it the way it was before (so you can kill it with skill drain, effect negation, and really about time this community would start seriously looking at "Wendigation" ;) )

I was also completely fine with how it is a nekroz cycle & exomirror at one, but right now I became convinced best is to drop the exomirror part that lets it banish from the graveyard (due to djins) ; but I can't stray off the concept of recycling and Special Summoning from the Graveyard as that is the core concept.
The way it evades and returns itself to hand is just about the same as if it were killed but could float since the result is rather same.

My intentions are to make this non-techable, recurring and rather easy to pull for a deck that centralizes around furies (rest would be similar but with twists). Advices appreciated.

It's actually slightly different, since it already floats by killing something with its own effect but because it's not "floating" yet you can't really invest a card into stopping it for the sake of tempo (because you won't get any); but as it costs 8 levels in your hand to summon now I think just a slight change to its returning mechanic - as you said, returning to the way it was before - would make the two cards probably fine.

Something like: "(3): Once per Chain, during either player's turn: Destroy 1 face-up monster whose effects are negated, then return this card to your hand."

Archived