HELLO

Merci

In 1923, a man named Sigmund Freud came up with a simple concept regarding the psyche of human beings - that, under a structural model, it is said that we each possess an 'Id', an 'Ego', and a 'Superego', each of which serves a purpose and develops at a different stages in our life.

The id is the animalistic, instinctive part of a personality, being both impulsive and unconscious, with emotions of all kinds mainly being concentrated here, demanding instant satisfaction no matter how illogical it may be. In other words, this is our 'desire'.

The ego functions to mediate both the unrealistic id that ignores the world, and the overly realistic superego that boringly accepts it. In other words, it tries to realistically find ways to satisfy the id's demands, while at the same time avoiding the punishment that the superego would otherwise rain down upon it. It must direct the id in a way that won't conflict with the outer world. In other words, this is our 'common sense'.

And as for the superego, that is the concentration of values of morals that society ingrains within us as we grow up, informing us what is 'right' and what is 'wrong' in the world. It functions to control the id's impulses, and should it fail to do so, guilty is the mechanism is uses to make it so that it won't happen again. A part of it is also the ideal self, the vision of ourselves that we chase so as to make ourselves feel better. Overall, in other words, this is our 'standards'.

Now, you might be wondering why I'm telling you this.

Well, basically, the very fact that I have come here can only mean one thing. My common sense - the embodiment of my ego - gave in to my desires, ignoring my standards, and I finally decided to post in this thing you call Miscellaneous...!

WELL THEN, IF THINGS WERE GOING TO BE THIS WAY FROM THE START, THEN I MIGHT AS WELL CHARGE IN, SHOULD I NOT?!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH-

tumblr_inline_nkyyc6StNd1rtzl03.gif

Okay, that's enough.

So basically, my name is Merciful Idiot, and I have come here to say hello to you people! Hello! Hello there! Why hello there, everyone! I'm introducing myself, and that is why I am saying the introductory word that originally derives from the French yell meaning 'stop' or 'pay attention', 'Ho là' - now hello! HELLO!

//whatamievendoing

lzsdujehoub4.gif

Ugu, I must be tired. And fatigued. Poor food management and a horrible memory regarding the fact that I need to go out shopping for things besides jackets, along with the habit of staying up late every night, perhaps this is the consequence of that.

Okay then, I'm done, I'll just crawl back to the roleplay section now thank you very much. Don't mind me, don't mind me~

Archived