Fluffal Fury (Nightmares to all Furry lovers) :) WIP

Hiya everybody, Annie here. For those who don't know, Fluffals are probably my favorite deck's at the moment along with Ritual Beast. Fluffals are part of the Frightfur archetype along with the Edge Imps, and are a Fusion based archetype.  For starters lets talk about the background of the deck SO SPOILER ALERT. The deck was originally used by Sora Shuinin in the anime. Fluffals are perhaps the most kawaii archetype in the game,and this ties into Sora. As Sora was originally seen as a nice and sweet duelist who loved candy and to entertain himself and others. This is represented in the irresistible cuteness of the Fluffals, but the true form of Sora and the Fluffals are shown in the Frightfurs. Frightfurs are fusion formed by the combination of Fluffals and Edge Imps. Edge Imps are demonic blades that fuse together with Fluffals to form monsters of Nightmares. Frightfurs represent Sora's true characteristics. As Sora really only cares about indulging himself. (You also got to admit Sora's crazy faces are insane,especially against Shun) So lets begin the deck analysis.

Frightfurs are a very aggressive Deck that focus heavily heavily on destruction, through card effects and battle.The deck lacks the ability to play defensively very well, so the best way to run the deck is in an aggressive manner. All of the Frightfurs are powerful and useful, although some more than others. All Frightfur's (except Mad Chimera) an Edge Imp and Fluffal, and we will first discuss the utility of the archetype's cards and possible techs that help the deck.

Possible Techs:

Fusion Conscription and Fusion Reserve: The two most common and powerful techs in the deck. They both have their own pros and cons. Fusion Conscription's main advantage is that it's a spell and gives you immediate access to a fusion material, but prevents you from summoning or using the monsters effect monster. Fusion Reserve is a trap and due to that is much slower, but does not have Conscription's restriction and even provides you with a poly from the grave. It comes down to how fast you want the deck to be. Fusion Conscription is faster and is the more desirable one. Although Fusion Reserve does help recycle poly which is very useful.

Tour Guide: Tour Guide provides instant access to Saw and Sabres and gives you access to Rank 3. Sadly due to it being Limited, it is much more difficult to pull off.

Fusion Substitute: A possible alternative to Polymerization, although not recommended. The card requires the Fusion materials to be on the field, which heavily weakens the card. Although it does help recycle your Fusions, and Draw. 

Fluffals:

Fluffals are at the moment all Earth Fairy's and range from levels 1-4. They are the superior sub-archetype as they are more flexible, and generate advantage far more easily than the Edge Imps.

Fluffal Dog: The deck's version of stratos, albeit far weaker. Fluffal dog can only activate its effect when normal or special summoned from the hand. Which is a pretty dumb restriction for the deck and heavily injures the deck. Thankfully dog can be reused by sheep and gives even more reason to use toy pot.

Mandatory 3 of. (Not only because he's one of the cutest, but also because he's you're best Fluffal searcher.

Cuteness Scale: 10/10

Fluffal Owl: Owl searches for one of the most needed cards in the deck. (Polymerization) Sadly Fluffals don't have a Shaddoll fusion to just fuse instantly with and still heavily rely on poly. Owl also has the ability to become an instant poly if you aren't able to use it or get it.(Especially because of today's anti-spell format)

Mandatory 2-3 preferably 3 as you really need polymerization to get the deck rolling.

Cuteness Scale: 7/10

Fluffal Leo: A 2100 beatstick for Fluffals. Nothing more, nothing less.  (He's probably the least useful of all the Fluffals and the least cute one)

0 of. No real point in running him.

Cuteness Scale: 5/10

Fluffal Bear: Your instant search for Toy Pot, and a possible way to return a lost Polymerization.  What makes Fluffal Bear unique is its the only searchable Fluffal by Fusion Reserve and Conscription, which helps you out in tough spots.
1-2 of, (preferably) 2 as it can serve as a decent way to retrieve poly's late game.

Cuteness Scale: 7.5/10

Fluffal Sheep: A key card for the deck that helps reuse and recycle Edge Imps and Fluffals. It combos very well with Frightfur Customization and allows the deck to continuously revive Edge Imps. It is easily searchable and is one of the best cards.

2-3. I recommend 2 as they are easily reusable and searchable, and I have never needed a third. Multiples can temporarily clog, and its better to keep the others in reserve. His real effect is so much better than its anime effect.

Cuteness Scale: 9/10

Fluffal Cat and Fluffal Rabbit: 

The dream duo of the deck. Although the two monsters are useful in regenerating advantage, the two are very useful, but Fluffal Cat is the more desirable one, as it allows you to reuse poly and push even more advantage and monsters on board.

Although the two are very useful, 1 copy of each is the most you should run. Their effects are only usable once per turn and they are very weak, sadly :( 

Cuteness Scale: 9/10

Fluffal Mouse: Originally I thought the card was not that good, because of the confusion over its effect, but once they confirmed that it said up to 2, I was sold. It thins the deck by 2, and in its own right is a +2 . It increases the force of Frightfur Tiger and Wolf, and doesn't require itself to be summoned from the hand, making it a target for One for One.

If you decide to run it, which I recommend, it is a mandatory 3 of.

Cuteness Scale:  11/10

Edge Imps

Edge Imps are usually seen as the weaker side of the deck, due to their inconsistency. The main problem is that for some strange reason Konami only made Sabres searchable by the Fluffals (sigh) , although the others can be searched by reserve and conscription. The Edge Imps are still decent especially chains. They are all Dark Fiends and rang from 3-4

Edge Imp Sabres: The most searchable and usable of the Edge Imps as it can constantly revive itself and combos nicely with toy pot by allowing you to place a Fluffal back on the top of your deck, and special summon it. It also gives you access to the decks most powerful fusion (Frightfur Tiger)

Run 2. I feel that two is the perfect number. If one gets banished you have a backup and you can search the second one to save yourself the cost of returning a card.

Edge Imp Chains: The best out of all the Edge Imps. Not only does it search out copies of itself, but you can also us it to search out the decks call of the haunted and miracle fusion.

Mandatory 3. No doubt.

Edge Imp Saw: I have a soft spot for saw, but at the moment it's not the best of the Edge Imp, and is probably because the stupid restriction Konami put on it, that makes you return one of your drawn cards back to your deck, or else it would be great draw power. Although the Frightfur it forms is quite powerful.

1-2 of, at least run 1 to give access to Frightfur Leo, but preferably two to give access to its effect also.

Edge Imp Tomahawk: Due to the inconsistency with Edge Imps, this card is very helpful. Not only does it give instant access to the Edge Imps, it can also inflict 800 damage. It loads the graveyard with Edge Imps which you can banish with Frightfur Fusion or revive with Sheep or Customization. 

1-2  Preferably 2 as it does help get the fusions out faster, and you usually do want it early game, but it does use your normal summon. 3 tends to clog.

Edge Imp Frightfake: The last Edge Imp's so far, and one of the most unique. Frightfake, pretty much is meant for Chimera. Although, chains can search it, it is occasionally a dead draw and not very helpful.

I recommend that you run no copies. Edge Imps already lack consistency, not reason to make it worse. 

Spells:

The issue here is that you don't go over the deck as a whole. You go over the archetype's members. Not the Edge Imps or Frightfurs, even, just the Fluffs.

If you're going to post a deck guide, post an idea of what the deck does, what cards to use, and so on, not just go over a part of it.

I know it's a WIP, but even so, this is... so bare to post. Just keep it in a Word document.

I know it's a WIP, but even so, this is... so bare to post. Just keep it in a Word document.

Hey, hey, this isn't that bad, why so negative? So far he hasn't said anything wrong, and since its a WIP it is a decent start so I don't think that this is really necessary :/

Hey, hey, this isn't that bad, why so negative? So far he hasn't said anything wrong, and since its a WIP it is a decent start so I don't think that this is really necessary :/

do you have nothing better to do than hound?

I mean, I'll be honest, I missed the WIP at first and edited the last part in. But my post wasn't really negative, at all. At least 'negative' criticism is still criticism and not just a pointless post.if you're trying to call my post overly negative, you need o step back and stop looking through biased glasses.

And even then, my point stands, so I didn't just clear the post. What good is going over the members of even one part if you don't tell us about the deck or, at least, give a sample list so we can formulate what it does. Starting with just describing Fluffals doesn't work, as you can't figure out anything about the deck when you only see the one part. Bear isn't even something that you can formulate at all, given the lack of talk about Toy Vendor, and being wrong about it being the best way to grab Poly back.

All I did was give constructive criticism, so lay off.

Archived