[UPDATE][Archetype] Armaidens, Machine Maidens of the Sea!

Valkyrus

My idea was for an easy summonable double tuning synchro and easy access to Rank 2's. (for whatever it's worth).

C8LYKAH.jpg

If you have exactly 3 copies of this card either banished and/or in your Graveyard (combined), you can banish this card from your Graveyard: Special Summon any number of "Armaiden, the C.O.R.E." monsters from your Graveyard. You can use this effect of "Armaiden, the C.O.R.E." once per turn and only once that turn.

cAdtZQf.jpg

You can discard this card and 1 WATER monster to the Graveyard: Send 1 WATER monster from your Deck to the Graveyard. If you control no other monsters: You can send 2 "Armaiden" cards from your hand to the Graveyard; Special Summon 2 "Armaiden" monsters from your Deck, but banish them during the End Phase. You can only use 1 "Armaiden, the A.T.O.M" effect per turn, and only once that turn.

GUrG3rC.jpg

You can discard this card: Add 2 "Armaiden" monsters with the same name from your Deck to your hand except "Armaiden, the C.E.L.L. You cannot Summon monsters except "Armaiden" monsters during the turn you activate this effect. You can only use the effect of "Armaiden, the C.E.L.L. once per turn.

UNbpIRn.jpg

When this card is Normal Summoned, you can: Target 1 of your banished "Armaiden" monsters; Send that target to the Graveyard. You can banish this card from your Graveyard: Target 1 of your banished "Armaiden" Tuner monsters; Special Summon it.

UQRR2vl.jpg

If this card is Normal Summoned, you can: Add 1 "Armaiden" monster from your Deck to your hand. You can discard 1 "Armaiden" monster: Special Summon this card from your hand. You can use each effect of "Armaiden, the Caller" once per turn and only once that turn.

d4uiZwb.jpg

During the turn this card is Normal Summoned, you can Normal Summon 1 "Armaiden" monster from your hand in addition to your Normal Summon/Set this turn. If this card is used as a Synchro Material Monster, you can: Send 1 "Armaiden" monster from your Deck to your Graveyard.

8bbldYe.jpg

If you control an "Armaiden" Tuner monster, you can: Special Summon this card from your hand. While this card is in your Graveyard, you can banish this card: Target 1 Tuner monster in your Graveyard, and activate one of the following effects;
* Send 1 monster with the same name from your Deck to your Graveyard.
* Shuffle that monster into the Deck.

0SW1VNZ.jpg

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-tuner monsters
Once per turn, during either player's turn, you can target 1 monster on the field and apply 1 of the following effects:
* Change the target's battle position.
* Switch the target's ATK and DEF until the End Phase.

wzhDMDq.jpg

2 Tuners + 1 Synchro monster
During the turn this card is Synchro Summoned, it is unaffected by other card effects other than its own. Once per turn, during either player's turn, you can activate 1 of the following effects: * Increase this card's ATK x500 for each Tuner monster in your Graveyard until the End Phase. * This card's maximum number of attacks on monsters this turn is equal to the number of Tuner monsters in your Graveyard.

B4YycWd.jpg

3 level 2 "Armaiden" monsters
Cannot be destroyed by battle. While you control another "Armaiden" monster, your opponent cannot target this card with card effects. You can detach 3 Xyz Materials from this card: Target 1 Card your opponent controls; Send it to the Graveyard.

OV5pKgm.jpg

2 level 2 monsters
Once per turn, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card: Special Summon 1 "Armaiden Token" (Machine-Type/Tuner/WATER/Level 2/ATK 0/DEF 0) in Defense Position. Once per turn, you can target 1 Tuner monster you control: It is treated as non-Tuner until the End Phase.

NEW SYNCHRO:

Qnwudkl.jpg

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
If this card attacks or is attacked, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects until the end of the Damage Step. If this card attacks a Defense Position monster, you can: Return that monster to the hand at the start of the Damage Step without applying Damage Calculation. This card gains ATK equal to that monster's original DEF until the end of your next turn.

Core is too troll because with 2 copies of Core you can just make a Gachi or a Saintorea or whatever every turn. I don't have a solution for this ... yet.

Otherwise alright. If Caller gets more targets she could be too good. If that happens I'd just reduce her attack by 300 and she'll prolly be fine. Is the ability to add another Caller intentional?

EDIT: I have a solution for CORE. Just make it require a level 5 or lower other Armaiden (or maybe even WATER?) and you're fine. Then it's a "different" Quillbolt Hedgehog which is also a tuner and doesn't banish but that is okay.

Core is too troll because with 2 copies of Core you can just make a Gachi or a Saintorea or whatever every turn. I don't have a solution for this ... yet.

Otherwise alright. If Caller gets more targets she could be too good. If that happens I'd just reduce her attack by 300 and she'll prolly be fine. Is the ability to add another Caller intentional?

EDIT: I have a solution for CORE. Just make it require a level 5 or lower other Armaiden (or maybe even WATER?) and you're fine. Then it's a "different" Quillbolt Hedgehog which is also a tuner and doesn't banish but that is okay.

hmm, I wanted Caller with more ATK because for some reason I thought having her searchable by Salvage as well could be a problem. How about I make it 1550? And for CORE, do you mean to have a level 5 or lower Armaiden on the field while it's in the grave as another requirement? Could it do without being specific about levels?

C.O.R.E I think forces you to go into the ranks 2s that use all 3 materials? 

Also, atm if you summon 2 copies of the Hunter neither can be destroyed by battle or be targetted. This is pretty rude.

for CORE, you can target 2 or 3 cores to SS, so you can make 2 material Rank 2's as well.

for Hunter, you mean it's too much? It does require you to have all 3 cores either face-up or in your Graveyard and right now, you cannot make 2 Hunters in the same turn anyway. And if you do summon 2 of these in the span of 2 turns you could be giving up better plays for a wall.

Re: specificness of levels, it should be specific to prevent you from making another boss monster without further investment. The level requirement, well, uh, requires that you make a down payment deposit to the board and maintain that deposit.

Basically I don't want to see level 9 -> CORE next turn or Xyz -> CORE play next turn w/o summoning another monster is all.

Yeah 1550 is fine. I realized Salvage after I posted but was too lazy to edit that part.

Re: specificness of levels, it should be specific to prevent you from making another boss monster without further investment. The level requirement, well, uh, requires that you make a down payment deposit to the board and maintain that deposit.

Basically I don't want to see level 9 -> CORE next turn or Xyz -> CORE play next turn w/o summoning another monster is all.

Yeah 1550 is fine. I realized Salvage after I posted but was too lazy to edit that part.

Hmm, fair enough. I'll change it. What do you think about Hunter?

I think Hunter is fine honestly with the CORE change. BtanH was a little worried about the walling potential but I'm not so much.

It's hard to break but also you see it coming a mile away. Also Black Rose and Exciton can kill it anyway, you can do piercing damage, etc. It's fine.

Field Spell is outright broken. Think of Fishborg Archer. Think of your own Deck. This is a free +1 every turn. I'm not convinced your Deck even needs a field spell >_>;;

The Rank 4 should probably be ignition protection until beginning of your next turn instead. Quick effect is rude and requires less skill to play around, plus your RUM is already QP so.

Field Spell is outright broken. Think of Fishborg Archer. Think of your own Deck. This is a free +1 every turn. I'm not convinced your Deck even needs a field spell >_>;;

The Rank 4 should probably be ignition protection until beginning of your next turn instead. Quick effect is rude and requires less skill to play around, plus your RUM is already QP so.

eh, I guess you are right, I'll scrap it for now. I was really wondering what s/t's to give this archetype though since without them it feels incomplete. And I'll fix WARmaiden.

• 3 weeks later...

Some of them really need a OPT nerf xD

also, the artwork and mechanic is good, but im kinda worried about the spamm ability it has~

all of them except Bomber and Carrier have OPT clauses (maybe should add one to Bomber), and CORE and ATOM are hard OPT.

all of them except Bomber and Carrier have OPT clauses (maybe should add one to Bomber), and CORE and ATOM are hard OPT.

thats what i mean, Hard OPT

if not i just can easilly "salvage and start the combo again"

also the Synch does need a cost or OPT too~

ik they have, but what if i have 2 or 3 of them? all can trigger their effects each

• 2 weeks later...

-Ballistic eff or attaking múltiple times is Broken, can attack like 12 times in a late gane
- a generic lv7 staple that take control or your opponent monster... Summon another lv 7 or steal it from your opponent and your have a BigEye to stole your opponent's whole field

So with this new toy...

>Carrier in Hand

>C.O.R.E. x3 in grave

>Banish 1 CORE, summon 2

>Special Summon Carrier

how exactly? That would be your Normal Summon. (you probably meant Cannon)

>Synch for Navigator

>Put monster in defense

>Synch for Jacker (needs name change desperately, btw)

>Steal thing

Having 3 COREs in the Graveyard early in the game eats a lot of your resources, needs deck dedication and obviously setup. Or is setting up for plays mean nothing now?

(and your combo is only a +1 btw)

What is your suggestion anyway? I can agree Jacker may need to be watered down but I don't know if that's the only one you have a problem with.

-Ballistic eff or attaking múltiple times is Broken, can attack like 12 times in a late gane
- a generic lv7 staple that take control or your opponent monster... Summon another lv 7 or steal it from your opponent and your have a BigEye to stole your opponent's whole field

it can attack only monsters multiple times. It can't attack directly. But sure, I can make it be able to attack all monsters the opponent controls once instead. Not that would change much.

And what is your point with the improbable big eye combo?

I did mean cannon. Anyway, the argument of "it is only a +1" is really not relevent. Snatch Steal is only a +1. That card is insane.

As for setup, Cannon can be replaced with a normal summoned Mathematician. No need to talk down to me like that.

Changes? Maybe make it so that Jacker requires 2 tuners and 1 nontuner. Card still works in-archetype, but NaviJacker is no longer a thing.

Also, as a tip, when taking criticism, don't talk to the people who took time to comment on your thread like they are idiot. It is bad etiquette. 

And what is your point with the improbable big eye combo?

"improbable" ... seems like you didnt play against Sylvans, Mermail, Atlanteans and stuff, in addition the monster you got by the effect can be used to synch another one and repeat the same, then xyz both and make a big eye lol

YGO is insane, you have to take care of the possible combos of your deck, but still some other ppl can make a broken-azz-hell combo with a innofensive and specific card (Harpie Dancer and Genex Ally Birdman are good examples)

I did mean cannon. Anyway, the argument of "it is only a +1" is really not relevent. Snatch Steal is only a +1. That card is insane.

As for setup, Cannon can be replaced with a normal summoned Mathematician. No need to talk down to me like that.

Changes? Maybe make it so that Jacker requires 2 tuners and 1 nontuner. Card still works in-archetype, but NaviJacker is no longer a thing.

Also, as a tip, when taking criticism, don't talk to the people who took time to comment on your thread like they are idiot. It is bad etiquette. 

Um, I wasn't talking down to you mate. Sorry you took it that way.

You just posted a possible combo for the deck. And since you didn't explain anything, I took it as complaining about everything in that combo.

Now I see it's only Jacker. We cool?

Anyway, if I made it require 2 tuners and a non-tuner (non-synchro) monster, then it'd be even easier to summon. The whole point of Jacker was so that it has synergy with Navigator.

How about I give it a "take control until the End Phase" clause? Or lower Jacker's ATK. Or require it to be in DEF.

"improbable" ... seems like you didnt play against Sylvans, Mermail, Atlanteans and stuff, in addition the monster you got by the effect can be used to synch another one and repeat the same, then xyz both and make a big eye lol

YGO is insane, you have to take care of the possible combos of your deck, but still some other ppl can make a broken-azz-hell combo with a innofensive and specific card (Harpie Dancer and Genex Ally Birdman are good examples)

I guess I see your point..
What changes do you suggest then?

I am glad you posted the card and the initial response is as I predicted. Taking control of monsters is a very hard mechanic to pull off. Mainly because you both -1 your opponent and +1 yourself. 

I personally agree all out deleting the snatching concept whatsoever, even in my own card I am reconsidering even though there isn't any feedback yet. 

If it must stay the conditions have to be somewhat harder to meet than it being a Generic level 7. I would argue that you make the synchro materials require more dedication maybe  some kind of level increase then making it require multiple tuners. Of course there should be some kind of archetype restricting clause.

I am glad you posted the card and the initial response is as I predicted. Taking control of monsters is a very hard mechanic to pull off. Mainly because you both -1 your opponent and +1 yourself. 

I personally agree all out deleting the snatching concept whatsoever, even in my own card I am reconsidering even though there isn't any feedback yet. 

If it must stay the conditions have to be somewhat harder to meet than it being a Generic level 7. I would argue that you make the synchro materials require more dedication maybe  some kind of level increase then making it require multiple tuners. Of course there should be some kind of archetype restricting clause.

hmm, okay, I guess I'll have to change it. Although I think people should look at the bigger picture and see that my deck has no effect removal at all (apart from Hunter which is actually a bit hard to make after the latest changes). Also considering the Rank 2 and level 5 synchro pools which are the few ones it has access to (and they have no removal effects). Well, level 7 as well, but you have to work a bit to get there. So all things considered, I think a snatch effect wouldn't exactly break the deck as it has trouble going over things that can't be destroyed by battle (Centaurea being the only out).

But I can't argue with the hivemind, so I'll have to change it.
All I really wanted is to have synergy with Navigator. And to be able to be made with Navigator. So I'll have to figure out something else.

Archived