[Archetype] Mecha Armor

VCR_CAT

Seeing as how I put these on DP just now, it only makes sense to throw this thread down. So here we are:

[spoiler=Mecha Armor Divisions]

Reckless Mecha Armor Division

Level: 8 / FIRE

6c0Y4wg.png?1

Machine/Effect

If there is no "Mecha Armor Pilot" equipped to this card; this card cannot attack, change battle position, and is destroyed when an attack is declared involving this card. Once per turn, during the damage step; if this attacking card destroys a monster by battle: It can attack again. Union Monsters equipped to this card cannot be targeted by card effects.

ATK/2500 DEF/2000

Steadfast Mecha Armor Division

Level: 8 / EARTH

vosvMD0.png?1

Machine/Effect

IIf there is no "Mecha Armor Pilot" equipped to this card; this card cannot attack, change battle position, and is destroyed when an attack is declared involving this card. Once per turn, when your opponent declares an attack or activates an effect that targets a monster; you can change that target to this card. Union Monsters equipped to this card cannot be targeted by card effects.

ATK/1800 DEF/2700

Versatile Mecha Armor Division

Level: 8 / WATER

oI7biHZ.png?1

Machine/Effect

IIf there is no "Mecha Armor Pilot" equipped to this card; this card cannot attack, change battle position, and is destroyed when an attack is declared involving this card. During either player's turn, when your opponent activates a card's effect: You can target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; change that target to face-down Defense Position. You can only activate this effect of "Versatile Mecha Armor Division" once per turn. Union Monsters equipped to this card cannot be targeted by card effects.

ATK/2000 DEF/2500

Swift Mecha Armor Division

Level: 8 / WIND

9OgOPzF.png?1

Machine/Effect

If there is no "Mecha Armor Pilot" equipped to this card; this card cannot attack, change battle position, and is destroyed when an attack is declared involving this card. Once per turn, you can pay 500 LP: This card can attack your opponent directly this turn. Other monsters you control cannot declare an attack the turn you use this effect. Union Monsters equipped to this card cannot be targeted by card effects.

ATK/2300 DEF/2200

Auto Mecha Armor Division

Level: 4 / LIGHT

yz6OWvj.png?1

Machine/Effect

When an opponent's monster declares an attack while you control a face-up "Mecha Armor" Monster: You can Special Summon this card from your hand, and if you do, change the attack target to this card and proceed to damage calculation. If "Auto Mecha Armor Pilot" is equipped to this card: This card gains 1000 ATK and DEF.

ATK/1000 DEF/1000

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Mecha Armor Pilots]

Reckless Mecha Armor Pilot

Level: 4 / FIRE

IZtrAhg.png?1

Warrior/Union

You can Special Summon 1 level 8 "Mecha Armor Division" monster from your hand and equip this card to that monster as an Equip Card. If you use this effect, you cannot Special Summon another "Mecha Armor Division" monster from your hand for the rest of the turn. The Monster equipped with this card gains 500 ATK and loses 500 DEF. Once per turn, you can either: Target 1 "Mecha Armor Division" monster you control; equip this card to that target, OR: Unequip this card and Special Summon it in face-up Attack Position. (A monster can only be equipped with 1 Union monster at a time. If the equipped monster would be destroyed, destroy this card instead.)

ATK/1250 DEF/1000

Steadfast Mecha Armor Pilot

Level: 4 / EARTH

X4SdeSL.png?1

Warrior/Union

You can Special Summon 1 level 8 "Mecha Armor Division" monster from your hand and equip this card to that monster as an Equip Card. If you use this effect, you cannot Special Summon another "Mecha Armor Division" monster from your hand for the rest of the turn. The monster equipped with this card gains 500 DEF but loses 500 ATK. Once per turn, you can either: Target 1 "Mecha Armor Division" monster you control; equip this card to that target, OR: Unequip this card and Special Summon it in face-up Attack Position. (A monster can only be equipped with 1 Union monster at a time. If the equipped monster would be destroyed, destroy this card instead.)

ATK/750 DEF/1500

Versatile Mecha Armor Pilot

Level: 4 / WATER

2RtgUqT.png?1

Warrior/Union

You can Special Summon 1 level 8 "Mecha Armor Division" monster from your hand and equip this card to that monster as an Equip Card. If you use this effect, you cannot Special Summon another "Mecha Armor Division" monster from your hand for the rest of the turn. Once per turn, if your opponent targets the monster equipped with this card with a card effect: You can negate that effect. Once per turn, you can either: Target 1 "Mecha Armor Division" monster you control; equip this card to that target, OR: Unequip this card and Special Summon it in face-up Attack Position. (A monster can only be equipped with 1 Union monster at a time. If the equipped monster would be destroyed, destroy this card instead.)

ATK/1000 DEF/1250

Swift Mecha Armor Pilot

Level: 4 / WIND

V4z6xQK.png?1

Warrior/Union

You can Special Summon 1 level 8 "Mecha Armor Division" monster from your hand and equip this card to that monster as an Equip Card. If you use this effect, you cannot Special Summon another "Mecha Armor Division" monster from your hand for the rest of the turn. Up to twice per turn: You can negate an attack declared on the face-up monster equipped with this card. Once per turn, you can either: Target 1 "Mecha Armor Division" monster you control; equip this card to that target, OR: Unequip this card and Special Summon it in face-up Attack Position. (A monster can only be equipped with 1 Union monster at a time.  If the equipped monster would be destroyed, destroy this card instead.)

ATK/1150 DEF/1100

Auto Mecha Armor Pilot

Level: 2 / LIGHT

yKZYh9B.png?1

Machine/Union

During either player's turn: You can equip this card, from your hand, to a face-up "Mecha Armor Division" monster you control that has no cards equipped to it (this is a Quick Effect). Once per turn, you can either: Target 1 "Mecha Armor Division" monster you control; equip this card to that target, OR: Unequip this card and Special Summon it in face-up Attack Position. (A monster can only be equipped with 1 Union monster at a time. If the equipped monster would be destroyed, destroy this card instead.)

ATK/500 DEF/500

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Armor Spells and Traps]

Armor Hanger

Spell / Field

VYGOsMe.png?1

You can discard 1 card; reveal 1 "Mecha Armor" Card in your hand and activate the appropriate effect depending on the card revealed:
● "Mecha Armor Division" Monster: add 1 "Mecha Armor Pilot" from your deck to your hand with the same attribute as the revealed card.
● "Mecha Armor Pilot" Monster: Add 1 "Mecha Armor Division" from your deck to your hand with the same attribute as the revealed card.
You cannot summon or activate the effects of either the revealed monster or the card added to your hand the turn you use this effect. You can only use this effect of "Armor Hanger" once per turn.

Armor Regroup

Spell / Normal

lWYofF2.png?1

Shuffle either 2 "Mecha Armor Pilot" cards or 2 "Mecha Armor Division" cards from your hand into your deck and draw 3 cards. You can only activate 1 "Armor Regroup" per turn.

Armor Ambush

Spell / Quickplay

c9mAAEV.png?1

Pay 1000 LP and target 1 "Mecha Armor Division" Monster in your Graveyard: Special Summon that target in face-up Defense Position, and equip 1 "Mecha Armor Pilot" Monster from your hand or Graveyard to it. You can only activate 1 "Armor Ambush" per turn.

Armor Reinforcment

Trap / Normal

Enh7ESM.png?1

If your opponent controls a monster while you control no monsters, you can Special Summon 1 "Mecha Armor Division" card from your hand and negate its effects until your next Draw Phase. The monster Special Summoned by this card's effect cannot attack the turn it is summoned. You can only activate 1 "Armor Reinforcement" per turn.

Armor Training

Trap / Continuous

Byl0UJx.png?1

While you control no "Mecha Armor Division" cards, face-up "Mecha Armor Pilot" monsters you control gain 650 ATK and DEF. If a "Mecha Armor Pilot" monster equipped to a "Mecha Armor Division" card would be sent to the Graveyard; you can Special Summon that card to your side of the field in face-up Defense Position instead. You can only activate this effect of "Armor Training" once per turn.

[/spoiler]

Comments/suggestions/criticisms all welcome.

finally a Union Based deck!

i rlly like it, but still needs draw power to search the monsters~

tho i really like the design and the game style~

the only thing i see that i dont like is the Counter card, why its a counter if doesnt even negate something?

besides that, is a pretty good deck

I figured it would work fine since it has access to Terraforming, Trade-In, and RoTA to make the deck move smoothly. That said, there's still the chance of it bricking and I'll have to figure this out as I play around with it.

The trap is a counter-trap purely for the timing reasons; so you can chain it and play it at any time with its spell speed as an advantage over Roll Out!

I figured it would work fine since it has access to Terraforming, Trade-In, and RoTA to make the deck move smoothly. That said, there's still the chance of it bricking and I'll have to figure this out as I play around with it.

The trap is a counter-trap purely for the timing reasons; so you can chain it and play it at any time with its spell speed as an advantage over Roll Out!

yeah, i know about speed, but i mean that i know counters are merelly to Negate cards or effects~

idk if that apply here~

Big update!
- Reckless Division's stats were changed from 2700/1800 to 2500/2000

- Reckless Pilot's stats were changed to 1250/1000 and his ATK boost was nerfed from +1000 to +500

- Steadfast Division's effect was fixed to include a OPT clause

- Steadfast Pilot's effect was changed to only provide immunity once per turn

- Swift Division's stats were boosted from 2000/2000 to 2100/2400

- Swift Pilot's stats were boosted from 1000/1000 to 1050/1200

- Armor Appropriate was cut after more consideration

- Armor Recovery was changed to allow different attributes to be shuffled back

- Armor Regroup was added as a draw-power spell.

Currently considering nerfing Steadfast Division's stats from 1500/3000 to 1900/2600. Let me know what you think, and let me know if Armor Regroup is too good and if it needs nerfing in any way.

Big changes made!
- Pilots now include the Union destruction-protection effect
- Divisions all have the effect that union monsters equipped to them cannot be targeted
- Steadfast Pilot's effect was changed to adding 500 DEF and taking away 500 ATK
- Armor Regroup lost the no-damage clause
- Armor Hanger no longer boosts DEF
- Auto Division now gets 1000 ATK and DEF instead of 800 if he has Auto Pilot on

- Versatile's stats were changed from 2300/2200 to 2000/2500 and its effect was modified to better suit its strategy as a defensive mech

- Swift's stats were changed from 2100/2400 to 2300/2200 and its effect was changed to be more balanced with this

- Versatile and Swift pilot's stats were changed to accommodate the stat changes

Apparently people were complaining about it being too Qliphort-Scoutey and wanted a change; but weren't doing so in the thread. Also, it prevents one-turn boss plays, but I might take out that restriction since there's no attack boost and it should be a lot easier to get over the individual Armors.

Apparently people were complaining about it being too Qliphort-Scoutey and wanted a change; but weren't doing so in the thread. Also, it prevents one-turn boss plays, but I might take out that restriction since there's no attack boost and it should be a lot easier to get over the individual Armors.

and? it literally killed the deck, the deck by itself isnt that fast, and resticting the only search engine is like any other budget deck, it was unique and was smooth to play with and against it~

they already suffered ATK nerf and now this? u are just killing them slowly Dx

they were perfect qwq

and? it literally killed the deck, the deck by itself isnt that fast, and resticting the only search engine is like any other budget deck, it was unique and was smooth to play with and against it~
they already suffered ATK nerf and now this? u are just killing them slowly Dx
they were perfect qwq

Tbh, as the person who alerted VCR of such issue (Though I wasn't the first person to take note of it, as Cat mentioned.....), I feel as though it just led to some unneeded speed and resource gaining. The problem with this sort of Deck is you have to mitigate your big beaters and prevent them from being essentially free cause you just NS, fetch a LV8, then go from there, and so you have to either control it with some sort of resource you can run out of (See my own Kaokugon, they have a similar mechanic but rely on Graveyard manipulatin to manage their resources) or have it be somewhat restrictive to what said cards can do. You also have bonkers Union support like Combination Attack that you have to be careful of, which generates OTKs in Decks where the Unions or the monsters equipped to them have huge ATK stats. Thus with Hangar, you had to have some sort of cost to keep it in check. Combatant does help tho, and gives you something more than just summon SS equip etc. Personally, I feel it was a decent trade off, and the Deck can still drop things, just not free +1 every turn

Tbh, as the person who alerted VCR of such issue (Though I wasn't the first person to take note of it, as Cat mentioned.....), I feel as though it just led to some unneeded speed and resource gaining. The problem with this sort of Deck is you have to mitigate your big beaters and prevent them from being essentially free cause you just NS, fetch a LV8, then go from there, and so you have to either control it with some sort of resource you can run out of (See my own Kaokugon, they have a similar mechanic but rely on Graveyard manipulatin to manage their resources) or have it be somewhat restrictive to what said cards can do. You also have bonkers Union support like Combination Attack that you have to be careful of, which generates OTKs in Decks where the Unions or the monsters equipped to them have huge ATK stats. Thus with Hangar, you had to have some sort of cost to keep it in check. Combatant does help tho, and gives you something more than just summon SS equip etc. Personally, I feel it was a decent trade off, and the Deck can still drop things, just not free +1 every turn

ik what you mean, but already with the field was kinda slow tho, i have to admit the fact that summon lv8 each turn is kinda OP, but they didnt had some decent attack until they got equipped, tho still can be easy beaten with a little faster deck.

i understand the fact that DP meta is even slower than normal TCG meta, but still for DP meta the nerf he already did was enough, maybe a search when he no control any monster would be better, but the one he did is kinda harsh, literally kills the deck, is a 2 turn summon, 1 for search and the second to go into field

Right that reminds me; I need to make Frontline Combatant SS in defense mode. I didn't even think to run him in this deck because until now my build just runs all the cards so I can test them all. I should see about adding in more generic support and go from there. Also keep note that it only kills the plays in the late game. If you have a decent supply of monsters in hand, you'll be able to pick and choose what you want to play the turn you search, and then have the card you search be your play for the next turn. It doesn't shut you down immediately, it just forces you to think about your play more and prevents late-game top-deck sacks.

Also, Combination Attack isn't very useful in Mecha Armors as the pilots do not have very impressive stats, and the mechs themselves cannot attack without a pilot equipped.

ik what you mean, but already with the field was kinda slow tho, i have to admit the fact that summon lv8 each turn is kinda OP, but they didnt had some decent attack until they got equipped, tho still can be easy beaten with a little faster deck.
i understand the fact that DP meta is even slower than normal TCG meta, but still for DP meta the nerf he already did was enough, maybe a search when he no control any monster would be better, but the one he did is kinda harsh, literally kills the deck, is a 2 turn summon, 1 for search and the second to go into field

I think the Fusion Conscription limitation MAY have been a bit harsh if you ask me, but I do see where you are coming from. As Cat said, it seems like it still seems manageable, it just makes it so you can't go all out T1. My only concern though would be brick hands hurt the living life out of the Deck, which makes it seem like it might not be able to compete with really aggressive Decks that well. I will say this tho, 3k ATK (Like for the FIRE dude) is still kinda hard to get around, especially putting that on top of a double attacker that can protect itself once. I wouldn't call it quite bananas since it takes effort, but it's pretty dang good. Even the faster Decks hate having to resort to their removal cards, because they are counterproductive to said strategy and because they are fast, they burn through their resources like no tomorrow unless they have the recovery Spell/Trap.

As for DP being slower than the TCG, it definitely is, but it mostly just means we aren't looking to set ourselves on the level of full force Qli and BA. I sometimes feel this is not kept in mind, and it either is still borderline nuts with a lot of problems on hand, or it's just made as a much more defensive call. I or someone else might try to make an appropriate thread to discuss such, cause I feel several times when we tried to draw the line it has not been accomplished a ton, and especially some of the stuff I've seen roaming around, I feel it should be understood where it is wanted to be taken.

I think the Fusion Conscription limitation MAY have been a bit harsh if you ask me, but I do see where you are coming from. As Cat said, it seems like it still seems manageable, it just makes it so you can't go all out T1. My only concern though would be brick hands hurt the living life out of the Deck, which makes it seem like it might not be able to compete with really aggressive Decks that well. I will say this tho, 3k ATK (Like for the FIRE dude) is still kinda hard to get around, especially putting that on top of a double attacker that can protect itself once. I wouldn't call it quite bananas since it takes effort, but it's pretty dang good. Even the faster Decks hate having to resort to their removal cards, because they are counterproductive to said strategy and because they are fast, they burn through their resources like no tomorrow unless they have the recovery Spell/Trap.

As for DP being slower than the TCG, it definitely is, but it mostly just means we aren't looking to set ourselves on the level of full force Qli and BA. I sometimes feel this is not kept in mind, and it either is still borderline nuts with a lot of problems on hand, or it's just made as a much more defensive call. I or someone else might try to make an appropriate thread to discuss such, cause I feel several times when we tried to draw the line it has not been accomplished a ton, and especially some of the stuff I've seen roaming around, I feel it should be understood where it is wanted to be taken.

well, i still think this deck should be a little bit faster than this, anyway, thats up to you, i think we all have our different kind of games and meta~

Well, I'm thinking of new ways of keeping the deck a little faster without breaking it. The design in itself is one I have to tread carefully on considering it's similar to the Galaxy-Photon decks of the general mooks usually being pseudo-boss monsters. Right now, Recovery will get the axe and I'm brainstorming two more cards to fill out the archetype nicely. So right now, I'm trying to think up two traps:
- One that makes pilots on the field on their own legitimate monsters to use and not just weak warrior-monsters
- One that helps with consistency in some way without being a generic RotA. Definitely takes a stretch of the creative mind.

well, i still think this deck should be a little bit faster than this, anyway, thats up to you, i think we all have our different kind of games and meta~

Again, I expressed my agreeance that it could use a little bit of something else, especially to prevent brick hands from absolutely destroying the Deck, I just don't feel it needs something along the lines of a free +1 every turn. Cat seems like he has it down, and I'm sure with his recent tweaks to his stuff that he will have something solid to really help the Deck without being too much

Okay, so here's what I did. Instead of focusing on more searchers and plus cards, I figured to go a different route and focus instead on the mechs without pilots, and the pilots without mechs. It may not offer more in terms of searching, but the additional options of play should be able to reduce the chances of bricking in general. I will wait for some feedback before I add these anywhere, just in case any of these are broken.

Okay, so here's what I did. Instead of focusing on more searchers and plus cards, I figured to go a different route and focus instead on the mechs without pilots, and the pilots without mechs. It may not offer more in terms of searching, but the additional options of play should be able to reduce the chances of bricking in general. I will wait for some feedback before I add these anywhere, just in case any of these are broken.

These seems pretty solid actually. Reinforcement doesn't guarantee some sort of play or free end, but what it does is guarantee you is a decent route to work with until you can move out with the usual plays. It's like archetpal reverse Roll Out I suppose. Training is also really interesting, and I think would be, while not being the most potent card, being one of the best just for being able to its job right. Overall, a decent medium in terms of power while being staple to the Deck: I would run 3 Reinforcements and 1 or 2 Training (Just cause it isn't always live)

Yeah and they've been working great! Training may not always be live, but the pilots summoning instead of going to the grave is actually a very versatile effect, and there's a lot you can do with it! It's not really broken I found, though, since it's only 1 a turn and they can be easy to beat over. Regardless, both are actually pretty good cards and I'm happy with how they turned out!

Archived