I'm not into anime or video games and I hardly know anyone well, but AMA

ihop

well fuck those are the only things i know

uh

You ever have the mozzarella sticks at iHop? They're actually really good.

Oddly enough, the name iHop doesn't actually come from the restaurant - I'm English and we don't have it here. The one time I actually went to an iHop in America I only had Blueberry pancakes since they were already somewhat of a novelty to me.

Sheffield, Mugen

Besides YGO and Showdown what do you do for fun?

When I said I'm not into video games I wasn't entirely truthful, I'm also a pretty dedicated Runescape player as well as obviously Showdown which takes up a lot of my time on the internet. Other than that, I like to read a lot, as well as practising sax and running.

What are your opinions on each of the top Yugioh decks right now? I'm a bit out of practice, and I know you're still pretty into the game, so I was curious to hear what your thoughts were about each of them. Doesn't need to be a super long anything, just curious. :'o

What are your opinions on each of the top Yugioh decks right now? I'm a bit out of practice, and I know you're still pretty into the game, so I was curious to hear what your thoughts were about each of them. Doesn't need to be a super long anything, just curious. :'o

Here goes,

Nekroz - Undoubtedly the best deck, and one of the most consistent decks I've ever seen in my time playing Yugioh since almost everything searches for itself and the only way you can get a brick hand is to open 5 cards that are neither Nekroz cards nor a Ju. They're extremely resilient and can come back from almost anything. The only real way to beat them with any other deck is just to play tons of floodgates and cards that stop them which is not too difficult, meaning they're not the runaway tier-0 deck that I was expecting them to be. Definitely the best deck though.

Tellars - I really like them. Whilst they suffer from bad hands a lot more than Nekroz do (Not opening Deneb or Unukalhai + Call means your hand is very mediocre), once they get going they're very powerful since they can churn out at least a 2-mat rank 4 every turn, and if they can make a 3-mat Triverr is a fantastic card, especially if you have a Call on field when you summon it. They also have Diamond now which helps them slightly in an otherwise somewhat poor Shaddoll matchup. Oh, and Alpha is incredible.

Shaddoll - I'm biased because I play them but this deck is really cool. They're actually very difficult to play optimally which is kind of an advantage since I think I've learnt more as a player from playing Shaddoll than I have with any other deck since I normally used to stick with monster+set 4 decks (Glad Beasts, Rabbit, TG, +1 Fire Fist). If they get going they're really hard to stop and there are certain things that if you resolve them it's more or less a guarantee to win the game (Kuribandit into 2-3 useful Shaddolls, Fusion while they have en extra deck monster). Seraphs, which have just come out, will help too.

Qliphort - I still think they're kinda good. Scout's still as amazing a card as it's always been and Re-Qliate is a cool alternative to Skill Drain. They're obviously much less consistent and resilient as they used to be but the traditional plays all still work, they just happen slightly less often and aren't backed up by floodgates that are quite as good.

Burning Abyss - I have issues with these things - they have a tendency to open very bad hands such as Cir+no other monsters, especially when going first, and Tourguide to 1 really hit them hard because they can't make a solid t1 play with the consistency that they used to, and then can't back it up as well with further plays. Once they get going they're as good as ever, it's just kinda difficult for them to get going.

Yosenju - Super dull, but they're decent. They need to open multiple Yosenjus to really have a chance against other decks but they're nice and stunny and can play tons of annoying floodgates.

Ritual Beasts - They're pretty solid if they can open up a Tamer and have fairly decent plays (Ritual Beast Steeds is a ridiculous card), but if they don't they're really bad because none of them really interact with eachother unless you can get a Tamer. They also have ridiculously long turns which inherently makes me hate them.

Have you ever seen Shrek?

Only the first 2 films, as I recall. Quality.

Archived