Dark Angel Emperor

Atypical-Abbie

DARK and Tribute Summon support card.

Te99bSv.png

You can Tribute Summon this card with 1 less Tribute by Tributing 1 DARK monster. Once per turn: You can discard 1 DARK monster, then target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls whose Level/Rank is less than or equal to the discared monster’s Level; take control of that target until the end of your opponent’s next turn.

I think you should make it like trag, where you have to discard a card with the same level (and controlling forever), or otherwise change it to controlling the target until your end phase. 

That would make the card pretty bad though, requiring a specific Level is way too situational for a card like this which already discards a specific Attribute.

Simply being summonable off of 1 dark tribute gives this potential in Perdition, where it can easily be played off of Red Fury. Wording on the effect prevents it from taking xyz monsters. I feel this was intended, but it weakens the card heavily, as many of the more powerful DP decks end up sitting on Xyz Monsters during the opponent's turns.

Simply being summonable off of 1 dark tribute gives this potential in Perdition, where it can easily be played off of Red Fury. Wording on the effect prevents it from taking xyz monsters. I feel this was intended, but it weakens the card heavily, as many of the more powerful DP decks end up sitting on Xyz Monsters during the opponent's turns.

I could make it grab Xyz Monsters as well, just feels a bit weird since it is based on the Level of the monster sent, and monsters don't have Ranks.

Archived