Let's Have a Trip to the Zoo! [Giga's Archetypes: Playful]

(GigaDrillBreaker)

Remember Playful Possum? That little thing that did nothing but destroy itself and trigger Meklords? Fun fact, it also can trigger Green Baboon, Protector of the Forest. No, I am not going to link these already-existing things. Deal with it.

[spoiler=Monsters]

[spoiler=Playful Chimera]

ap08FwR.jpg?1

When this card is Summoned: You can send 1 Beast-Type monster from your Deck to the Graveyard. During your Main Phase: You can destroy this monster. You can only use each effect of "Playful Chimera" once per turn, and you cannot conduct your Battle Phase the turn you activate this card's effect(s).

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Playful Giraffe]

oqfk9NA.jpg?1

If a Beast-Type monster you control is destroyed: You can banish this card in your hand or Gravyard; Special Summon 1 Beast-Type monster with 2600 ATK and 1800 DEF from your deck in face-up Attack Position. You cannot conduct your Battle Phase the turn you activate this effect.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Antler Manticore]

k7IK8i0.jpg?1

If  Beast-Type monster you control is destroyed: Discard 1 Beast-Type monster; Special Summon this card from your hand or Graveyard. You can only activate this effect of "Antler Manticore" once per turn. This card cannot attack the turn it is Special Summoned by this effect.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Pampered Manticore]

UcyZl2O.jpg?1

If you Special Summon a Beast-Type monster: You can pay 1000 life points; Special Summon this card from your hand or Graveyard. You can only use this effect of "Pampered Manticore" once per turn. This card cannot be used as an Xyz Material, except for the summon of a Beast-Type monster.

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Xyz Monsters]

[spoiler=Three=Headed Cerberus]

tddl98a.jpg?1

3 Level 7 monsters

When this card is Summoned: You can detach 3 Xyz Materials from this card to target 1 card your opponent controls, then your opponent targets another card they control; Destroy both targets, then your opponent discards 1 card. 

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Synthetic Chimera]

OsI1ipJ.jpg?1

2 Level 7 Beast-Type monsters

You can detach 2 Xyz Material from this card, then target 1 Beast-Type monster you control and 2 other cards on the field; destroy them. You can only use this effect of Synthetic Chimera once per turn.

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Spells]

[spoiler=Spirits of the Pride]

DLxN0b2.jpg?1

If you control no monsters: Pay 1500 life points; send 1 Beast-Type monster from your deck to your Graveyard. If the sent monster has 2600 ATK and 1800 DEF, you can special summon 1 Level 2 Beast-Type monster from your deck. That monster cannot be used as a Synchro or Xyz material. You can only activate 1 "Spirits of the Pride"  per turn, and you cannot Special Summon non-Beast-Type monsters for the rest of this turn

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

I don't intend to make any more monsters for this. so they will only get Green Baboon and Antler Manticore for free. As a matter of fact, Antler manticore requires a discard. 

Gonna be honest, Green Baboon really is a level 7 Trick clown, but it does require a much heavier buildaround to implement.

more than that, you should think about nerf it, your deck auto-destroy all the day, if you destroy cards on your opponent side + also summoning is a +2 for you for sure or even worse if the Manticore is out

the idea of the deck is good, but dont try to kill the weakness it already have, it would break the balance

I'm not a fan of how both manticores can chain to the same destruction I feel like one of them (preferably Antler) should say when.  The deck becomes its own psuedo rnk7 engine and rnk7's are among the most powerful kinds of Xyz. 

Also where is the Queen of Claws creature that horrifically otk'd me in one swoop. Is she not part of this set.

• 2 weeks later...

Small nerfs done: Antler Manticore cannot attack the turn it special summons itself, and Playful Giraffe gets rid of the turn's Battle Phase completely. This was NOT intended to be an OTK deck, so hopefully these changes are enough.

EDIT: Also just nerfed Spirits of the Pride a little further, so it only works when you control no monsters. The card was already fucking insane, so this change is a good idea.

Archived