The unknown days.

TheWhiteWizard

[spoiler=story]

[spoiler=the day of freedom]"What was that sound?" A loud man's voice boomed in the distance. Rain was pouring and it was pitch black outside. A boy hid his head under his blanket, his father was coming through the door into his room. The boy was no older than seventeen, he was about five foot two, and his dirty blonde curly hair poked out of his blanket. The father pulled him out of his bed by his long hair, "damn it Bastion, I ask what that noise was." The father was easy six feet tall, his head was shaved and was fit for his ripe age of forty two.

"Sir it was my book. I um... I dropped it." The boy said as he was shaking all over, fear could be seen in his bright green eyes. His book was a book of fairytales, he often read this book to escape the cruel reality of his life. "Make sure this doesn't happen again boy." With that he hit his son across the face. "Yes sir." Bastion said as he got up. After what seemed like ages his father left his room.

He could hear his father's foot steps grow distant as they went downstairs. Downstairs a phone ringing echoed through the house. Bastion waited for his father to answer before he got up and went into his father's room and got on the other phone in the bathroom. "Hector, I have terrible news, Valery is dead. She was murder in a gang shooting."

"I see and what does this have to do with?"

"You need to tell the boy he has a right to know his mother died."

"The boy will know what I tell him, I will not have him know his baster mother is dead. Do I make myself clear?"

"Hector, tell him for his sake."

"Larry, I will hunt you down. Bastion will not be told."

With that the phone call ended. Bastion ran back to his room, careful not to make a sound and with tears in his eyes. In all his life the only person who gave him love was his mother. The only reason he lived with his father was because his father was more fit to take care of him. He mother and father fought for custody of him for a year and the case was decided by a judge. His mother divorced Henry when Bastion was ten because of the violence he inflicted on them.

Henry footsteps could be heard coming up the steps, luckily for Bastion he went into his room. Bastion cried himself to sleep knowing the only joy he ever knew was gone. Sleep was terrible, Bastion could barely sleep, and keep having the same dream over and over. His mother, who by no means was an ugly women. He had a great smile, fair skin and dark brown hair. She was five foot five, she was wearing a sundress and a straw hat. She was tending to her New York apartment garden, it was on the second floor. She was planting a blue breed of flowers. They were a beautiful breed of flowers.

A white van pulled up along the building and the tops of guns poked out of the window, and a barrage of bullets were set loose into the building. A stray bullet found Valery and pierced her heart, in seconds she laid dead on the ground.

Bastion had this dream most of the night until finally his dream turned to a medieval time. There was a knight in black armor on top of a black horse, next to his was a woman in a black dress, her face was covered by a black vile. She had long black hair that flowed past her shoulders. She looked past the knight and spoke in a kind and powerful voice ", find me where the sky meets the earth." After that Bastion woke up knowing his father was gone until seven p.m. Bastion look at his clock it was eight, Bastion had eleven hours to himself.

Bastion started his day with his usual routine, he got out of bed, and made it. His dark red quilt was neatly on top. Next to his bed was his night stand with the only source of light in the room, a lone lap and his book. The rest of his room was empty except for his dresser which had a four sets of clothes. Bastion got a red shirt, it was a shiny red and it was a long shelves shirt. He also got a pair of blue jeans and boxers, the boxers wear a plain white.

Bastion walk barefoot across the hardwood to upstairs bathroom. He turned the hot water on and slid out of his pajamas. As he took his shower all his mind could turn to was that his mother was murdered. He wanted to say his final goodbyes but his father would never let him. After the shower he put on his clothes and looked into the mirror, in the mist on the mirror he thought he could see the women in black from his dream and hear her voice, "find me where the sky meets the earth." It was just a dream Bastion reminded himself.

He then got dressed and went down stairs. He spent most of his time upstairs because he was home schooled and was only allowed downstairs for food, and chores. He made himself eggs, with toast. He ate his food knowing something needed to happen, he had to leave. After he ate he did the dishes, swept, mopped, dusted and a bunch of other chores to keep the house in order. He went about his day like he would any other day other than the thoughts he was having of leaving.

At about noon Henry came home. His foot steps could be heard as he moved about downstairs "why is he home early?"

"Boy get down here." The man's voice boomed.

Bastion rushed downstairs. He father Stood angry, by the stairs. "Bastion, you know what happened today?"

"No sir."

"I got a call from Mr. Rogers from next door. He said that he saw a teen boy outside my house yesterday. He didn't think that the boy was trying to break in but thought I should know."

"I just wanted to see outside, I rarely go outside."

Henry then raised his hand and hit Bastion across his face.

"I need to go back to work now, make sure that it doesn't happen again."

Henry then turned and left. Bastion ran up stairs to Henry's room, the purple curtains were closed and barely any light entered the room. Henry's room had a king bed with purple blankets, and three large dressers. There was a large nightstand next to his bed. Bastion went through the nightstand a pulled out a small roll of bills. It was a small roll of one hundred dollar bills Bastion counted twenty, this was Henry's emergency stash. Bastion wait a few moments to make sure his father was gone, he then went into his room and got all of his clothing together. Then he went downstairs to a closet that had a hiking backpack and a few jackets. He gathered a jacket and a pull over hoodie. He put on his hiking boots and went outside.

He had to get to the airport which was a good twenty miles away. So Bastion got on the bike Henry used to go on bike rides. After about half a day Bastion decide to rest alongside the road. No doubt Henry was angry that he had ran away, but Henry had no idea where he had gone, and he might not know his money was gone. Bastion's face was bruised from his earlier encounter with Henry and it was beginning to sting. He settled down and went to sleep, under the stars.

Bastion woke earlier to a crow flying in the sky above him, it flew in a few circles the fly away. Bastion could feel his stomach streaming at him to feed it. He got back on his bike and peddle towards the airport which was another five miles away. At last he arrived and he bought a ticket to New York. The plan wouldn't take of for another half hour, so to calm his angry stomach he went to one of the airports restaurants and got himself a cheeseburger and French fries. After he had finished his food he waited for his flight, until a voice said "flight to New York is now boarding." Bastion got into his flight and was greeted by the stewardess ", is there anything I can get for you sir."

"No thank you mam."

He then looked out of the window and watched the plan take off, he watched as he flew over the land. He looked looked at the wing and thought he saw a shadowy figure on it but as soon as he saw it, the figure vanished. "It was just my imagination. Nothing was there." Bastion whispered to himself. He then closed his eyes to fall asleep and after about ten minutes he felt the plane shake. He looked out of the window and saw the wing was smoking. Over the intercom a man's voice said ", sorry folks we're experiencing some difficulties." The plane began to nose dive towards a mountain. All the passengers were screaming, in terror. Bastion sat still in his seat prettified. The plane crashed into the mountain with a fiery explosion.

[spoiler=the day of revelation]The mountain had a bald spot from the crash, remains of the plane could be found everywhere. Flames were dancing on the mountain side and bloody bodies laid all over the ground. Bastion was untouched, as was the plane around him. Somehow he froze time around him when the plane crashed and was unharmed. Bastion looked around and saw the chaos but he could not move from where he was. "Help, someone help me." Bastion cried out for help over and over."Help, is someone there."

Bastion began to bleed out his nose from the use of magic. Time began to flow naturally, however Bastion was still spared from the crash. Moments later Bastion passed out.

"Don't not worry my child, you are safe now." Bastion's mother's voice echoed in his head. He had a faint dream of his mother. She was standing in a forest of golden trees with a bright light behind her. "Please don't hate me my child, I wanted to take you. However I was cursed to misfortune and could not take you. I wanted to teach you, if only..." Her voice faded away as he was awaken. "He lives brother." The women in black told an unknown face.

"Bastion are you okay?" The brother asked.

"How do you know my name, where am I, and who are you?" Bastion quickly asked.

"This is my brother, he has been know as day, and I am night. We knew your mother, she was a friend." The women said, she still wore a black vile.

"To us your mother was angel, she had powers over all aspects of the world. However, she was not liked among the sorcerers of Mal Venten. Followers of the evil ways of Mal Venten, the lord of demons." Bastion finally got a look of Day, he was at least six feet tall, his face was boyish and it glowed with a faint light. His eyes were sky blue and his hair was pure gold.

"The followers of Mal Venten practice a twisted and evil version of the magics that dwell within this world. Day is also known as light, he practices the magic of light. I have also been know as darkness, and have the magic of darkness. We both practice the pure and primal versions of the magics. Your mother practice all the pure versions of magics, and her power was passed to you." Night said in a kind and loving was.

"You don't expect me to believe this right, there is no such thing as magic, now where am I? I need to go."

Night suddenly disappeared, and then reappear night to Bastion. "No such thing as magic! How dare you, how would I appear in your dreams, how would you escape a plane crash untouched, how could I make myself invisible? You are on top of mountain of the divines. The place where the sky meets the earth. Day brought you here to save your life when the plane crashed over the Rockie Mountains! He made a portal to bring you here." Her voice was loud and terrible with anger, and it echoed in his mind.

"Sister, he was separated from his mother, there is no way his father knew." Day was trying to calm down his sister.

"Wait you said you used magic to enter my dreams, I had a dream of my mother after the plane crash, she was trying to tell me something." Bastion suddenly had a spark of belief.

"Your mother is not a live, she was cursed by Mal Venten himself to die, her power worried him. However, every time they came to kill her she would kill them first. This time though, Mal Venten trapped her in a realm in between life and death. A realm very close to dreams." Night said coming down from her rage.

Bastion tried to stand up, but he only fell to the ground again.

"You are still to weak from when you used your magic. You need to learn how to control so you don't hurt yourself." Day told Bastion.

"Night, why do you wear that vile?" Bastion asked.

Night took lifted her vile, the most beautiful face imaginable was underneath. She had dark brown eyes, a perfect smile and her dark black hair was perfectly straight. Her pale face had shadows on them. "My vile was a gift from.a friend, it has power to make its wearer undetectable. Brother do you think we should give him the necklace, if his mother is coming to him in his dreams, it might help him."

"Sister I will let you give him the necklace, I think you are right. His mother could teach him what we cannot."

Night waved her hand and a necklace materialized out of thin air, and landed in her hand. She kneed next to Bastion and placed around his neck. The necklace was a dreamcatcher on a silver chain. "This necklace allows the wielder to control their dreams, if your mother keeps coming to your dreams you will be able to talk to her." Night said happy with her idea.

"She will be able to teach you the other magics besides light and darkness." Day said with a smile.

"I have one last question, who sabotaged the plane I was on."

"A demon of Mal Venten. That's my best guess." Day said unsure of himself.

"Why is he called Mal Venten?" Bastion said asking another question.

"In his land Mal means Lord, King, Ruler of all. Venten means conqueror of all, the dark one. His title is one of complete evil." Night said uneasy.

Day helped Bastion to his feet and walked him deeper into the cave. They came to an opening that had a stone bridge over a pool of sparkling water. The pool was a perfect square with the bridge over it, the bridge had designs of battle scenes carved into it. At the end of the path past the bridge was a large stone door way. It was trimmed with red and white with carvings of great sorcerers. The doorway had three great pillars that held up the cave floor. In the doorway was a great door made of silver and gold, and could not be open by one or two people. The were a few openings in the cave roofs where light came into the room.

"Day shall be your first teacher, from him you shall learn light. This opening shall be your train ground. This will not be pleasant, for learning magic can be a painful process." Night warned Bastion.

Day lead Bastion over to the bridge, and told him, "prepare yourself, you have about ten minutes until there is no more light in here."

Bastion got into a defensive fighting stance something his father taught him, surprisingly. Day had a cruel smile on his face, this stance was no match for magic. 'I will take it easy on him.' day thought to himself, 'I will start was a few basic movements.' Day waved his hand through the air and made a throwing motion. Out of his had came a ball of intense light, that blinded Bastion. Then Day decided to break Bastion's stance, he swept Bastion's leg out from underneath him and Bastion fell to the cold stone cave floor. "Bastion anticipate what I am going to do. You know I that I only can use light magic, use that to your advantage. Move out of the way when I blind you."

Bastion then went back to his stance.

"Okay Bastion watch what I am doing."

Again Day made a throwing motion with his hand, and a ball of intense light flew towards Bastion. Bastion tried to escape Day's leg , but Day managed to sweep Bastion's leg out from underneath him. "Bastion your turn, I want you to create a ball of intense light. Do what I showed you."

Bastion looked down at his hand, 'I guess this is really happening. I can do this?' Bastion thought to himself. He made a hand motion similar to Day's. A ball of faint light flew from his hand, barely making any light.

"Bastion that was a good start, most people don't do so good on their first try." Day reinsured Bastion.

"Brother, I think that is enough training for one day." Night told Day. "Let us go inside." Night lead the boys towards the giant door and with a single push she opened the door. Then as Bastion walked inside Day closed the doors. "Your mother enchanted the doors with blood magic, only people whose blood is enchanted into those doors can open them."

Feel free to make corrections and to comment. So far I am happy with the direction of the story, I want to inform you that I am not going do dirty things in this story or describe in detail something like a shower.

Your story is just a little short for the section standards, I'd ask that any future chapters be longer.

...Does size count in Story Planning? Because if so, you should probably come and kick my ass or something.

As for the actual story, remember to show, not tell. Some of the descriptions were a bit basic, for lack of a better phrase.

...Does size count in Story Planning? Because if so, you should probably come and kick my ass or something.

As for the actual story, remember to show, not tell. Some of the descriptions were a bit basic, for lack of a better phrase.

Ah, sheet, this was in Story Planning. Didn't notice that. Though, it shouldn't be in here, this isn't what Story Planning is for. Moved to main Creative Writing forum.

Archived