Toccata and Fugue in D Minor

Thar

So yeah, let's discuss this musical masterpiece.

I was lucky enough to experience this nostalgically through Fantasia as a kid, and I can't imagine what I'd think of it otherwise. In fact, I doubt I'd have such an affinity for classical music (Bach was Baroque, but whatevs) had I not seen Fantasia at such an early stage in my life.

Piano transcriptions of this are usually quite easy. The original organ arrangement is another beast entirely. Great piece, of course, and its feature in Fantasia was brilliant.

That said, I rarely willingly listen to Bach anymore. I'm learning one of his fugues at the minute and it's giving me nightmares :c

• 5 weeks later...

I hope this isn't a necrobump...

Piano transcriptions of this are usually quite easy. The original organ arrangement is another beast entirely. Great piece, of course, and its feature in Fantasia was brilliant.

That said, I rarely willingly listen to Bach anymore. I'm learning one of his fugues at the minute and it's giving me nightmares :c

Yeah, Fantasia's version was an orchestra, and even nostalgically, that version was underwhelming compared to the organ version.

Archived