Non Mainstream Artists/Bands

Face McShooty

Now I like the Eminems, Skillets and Aerosmiths as much as the next guy but I LOVE finding those artists and bands that aren't mainstream and near as popular. I only know of country artists and bands, but I know dang good and well there are artists and bands across all genres that aren't mainstream. So I thought I'd make a post just for them. Here's a few bands and artists that I know of just to get this going; Clark Manson, JJ Lawhorn, DOWNDAY, and Brandon Chase

Non-mainstream artists are pretty much always better. I think the only mainstream artists I enjoy listening to are Muse and Arctic Monkeys (but only pre-Humbug). The last time a properly great song became mainstream was Bohemian Rhapsody, IMO. My favourite non-mainstream artists (I'm basically naming my favourite artists, lol) are Haken, Ihsahn, Opeth, Ne Obliviscaris, Distorted Harmony, Persefone, Between the Buried and Me etc etc.

I don't really listen to the above bands, but I do keep track of my doujin artists. Linjin (ZYTOKINE), Nhato, REDALiCE, T+Pazolite, ALR (Masayoshi Minoshima/Alstroemeria Records) for electro/wubstep. I listen to Siromaru, Cranky, Xi, ICE, 3R2, DJ Mashiro, Sakuzyo and also NeLime, though they're less artists I really follow and more those I enjoy hearing the songs on youtube. For non-electronic stuff... Foreground Eclipse and Undead Corporation are really really good post-hardcore/screamo bands. Foreground Eclipse morseo, though they've disbanded.

I don't really listen to the above bands, but I do keep track of my doujin artists. Linjin (ZYTOKINE), Nhato, REDALiCE, T+Pazolite, ALR (Masayoshi Minoshima/Alstroemeria Records) for electro/wubstep. I listen to Siromaru, Cranky, Xi, ICE, 3R2, DJ Mashiro, Sakuzyo and also NeLime, though they're less artists I really follow and more those I enjoy hearing the songs on youtube. For non-electronic stuff... Foreground Eclipse and Undead Corporation are really really good post-hardcore/screamo bands. Foreground Eclipse morseo, though they've disbanded.

Post-Hardcore and Screamo arent really the same thing, screamo was a hardcore genre that existed through the 90s, actual screamo bands would be stuff like pg.99, Saetia, Jeromes Dream, Hot Cross and Raein. Post-Hardcore came through the 80s when Hardcore Punk bands started to stretch out their influences in an experimental way similar to what Post-Punk bands did, then through the years Post-Hardcore kept on evolving its sound and ended up sounding very different from its originals.

Non-mainstream artists are pretty much always better. I think the only mainstream artists I enjoy listening to are Muse and Arctic Monkeys (but only pre-Humbug). The last time a properly great song became mainstream was Bohemian Rhapsody, IMO. My favourite non-mainstream artists (I'm basically naming my favourite artists, lol) are Haken, Ihsahn, Opeth, Ne Obliviscaris, Distorted Harmony, Persefone, Between the Buried and Me etc etc.

Bohemian Rhapsody is so cheesy and over the top and I personally can't stand it, Queen are as mainstream as they come.

I think non-mainstream artists are ever increasing as music diversifies and the internet offers a greater platform. I mean their are still incredible 'mainstream' bands who change popular music for the better, from The Beatles to Radiohead, often drawing on experimental and unique ideas from less mainstream artists and working them into great pop albums.

Bohemian Rhapsody is so cheesy and over the top and I personally can't stand it, Queen are as mainstream as they come.

THANK YOU SO MUCH

finally someone else who cant stand that song

now lets dive into some weird territory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE3BbTsKtsk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kp63Aba-fiQ

Archived