[MtG] Temporal Acceleration (written)

heraldry_lord

Temporal Acceleration

Mana Cost: {8}{U}{U}{U}

Enchantment

For each generic mana in this spell’s total cost, you may exile an instant or sorcery card from your graveyard rather than pay that mana.

Flash

You may cast sorcery spells as though they had flash.

At the beginning of your draw step, draw an additional card.

It seems you gave the card delve but only for instants and sorceries. However, do remember that reminder text is only supposed to remind people of what the ability does and the reminder text doesn't have to be (and usually isn't) rigorous. Unfortunately, since your ability is not delve, you have to use the rigorous wording provided in the comprehensive rules for delve (but altered), which looks like what I posted above (except I added the 'instant or sorcery' part).

It looks like you tried to combine the good half of Staff of Nin with a significant downgrade of Vedalken Orrery, a combination I'd measure to be worth 7-8 colorless mana at best. This can cost as low as UUU, but I imagine, realistically, this will probably cost 3UUU or 4UUU by the time you'd actually want to cast it, maybe 2UUU if you're really dedicated to turboing for it or are particularly lucky on the self-mill. In terms of mana cost, you've probably hit the card right on the head, but I'm not sure I really see the practical application.

It seems you gave the card delve but only for instants and sorceries. However, do remember that reminder text is only supposed to remind people of what the ability does and the reminder text doesn't have to be (and usually isn't) rigorous. Unfortunately, since your ability is not delve, you have to use the rigorous wording provided in the comprehensive rules for delve (but altered), which looks like what I posted above (except I added the 'instant or sorcery' part).

It looks like you tried to combine the good half of Staff of Nin with a significant downgrade of Vedalken Orrery, a combination I'd measure to be worth 7-8 colorless mana at best. This can cost as low as UUU, but I imagine, realistically, this will probably cost 3UUU or 4UUU by the time you'd actually want to cast it, maybe 2UUU if you're really dedicated to turboing for it or are particularly lucky on the self-mill. In terms of mana cost, you've probably hit the card right on the head, but I'm not sure I really see the practical application.

I decided to buff the third ability to Vedalken Orrery and the fourth ability to a one-sided Font of Mythos.

I also lightened the mana cost to 8 colorless, 2 blue.

I decided to buff the third ability to Vedalken Orrery and the fourth ability to a one-sided Font of Mythos.

I also lightened the mana cost to 8 colorless, 2 blue.

Card was fine before. These changes break it. It is comparable to a Dig Through Time that provides greater advantage over time and the cost of the first draw being less selective.

The card is very ridiculous now.

So you disagree with Mysty's assessement?

I thought the power level was fine (it wasn't too ridiculous and the mana cost was pretty fair), even though I said I couldn't find a practical use for it. There is a big difference between the two.

To illustrate my point of a fairly priced card not necessarily being useful, let me provide a small example.

[W/U] 1/2 flying creature - bird

The card above is probably fairly priced (maybe a bit aggressively costed), yet, if provided the option to use a 1 mana flying creature with another ability (even if only 1/1), I probably would over this. As such, I have little practical use for the bird.

The card is very ridiculous now.

I thought the power level was fine (it wasn't too ridiculous and the mana cost was pretty fair), even though I said I couldn't find a practical use for it. There is a big difference between the two.

To illustrate my point of a fairly priced card not necessarily being useful, let me provide a small example.

[W/U] 1/2 flying creature - bird

The card above is probably fairly priced (maybe a bit aggressively costed), yet, if provided the option to use a 1 mana flying creature with another ability (even if only 1/1), I probably would over this. As such, I have little practical use for the bird.

Ok ok, I'm changing it back.

Archived