I'm from where the Titanic was built. (AMA)

Azure Wolf

Not exactly sure where my own accent falls in, probably mid-Ulster English, but I've been told my accent is more English then Northern Irish.

For you question it is a thing, also called potato farls, should be recipes online on how to make them. Used in fries along with soda bread and other generic fry stuff.

That is a question I have no clue about, not at the age where I can freely drink alcohol so never really cared about it. That being said, in my closest village there are 4 pubs/bar-restaurants plus the off-licenses in the supermarkets.

Okay, while not exactly where I live the Republic of Ireland consumed roughly 11 liters of pure alcohol per person (aged 15+) in 2014, with the highest being almost 14.5 liters per person in 2001, since 1990, and their health target is just under 9.5 liters. 39% of those results in 2014 were from binge drinking.

More info for ROI: http://alcoholireland.ie/facts/how-much-do-we-drink/

Found a PDF for NI: http://www.northerntrust.hscni.net/images/Health_Intelligence_Briefing_Alcohol_use_and_alcohol_related_harm_April_2011.pdf

Not really I found actually find it amusing. Sure people died but they cut costs a lot and made just terrible mistakes. They used low quality rivets and even left space above the cabin walls so people had more space, along with other stuff. Factor all these in with an iceberg and it turns out pretty funny, the way they expected it to be unsinkable.

What languages do you know/speak?

I only really speak English. I can speak a bit of Spanish and French from when I was learning it at school but it never stayed with me. I am playing to learn Japanese and German eventually then move on to other languages but going to finish my current education before doing additional learning.

Archived