[Finished]Pendulum Contest

bloorocksDotD

Hello Everyone, It's me bloorocksDotD here with my first ever card contest. Let's get right to it!

- This contest was inspired by Zerpant's contest, so credit goes to him for the large chunk of the idea.

- I would like one other judge if possible. Pm me if you want the position.

- Entry is free (you can donate if you want but it's not necessary)

- Your task is to make a set of two pendulums that work with each other (like the two magicians) based on whatever THIS THINGY spits out as your deck type. If you show interest I will put your name into it. You are allowed one extra chance if you hate your result, but only one.

- For rituals you are allowed to include 1 ritual spell card in addition to the two pendulums

- Written cards are preferred since there still no super easy way that I know of to make pendulums

- Prizes
- 1st place gets 50%
- 2nd place gets 30%
- 3rd gets 20%

- Current Pot: 2000

- Grading Rubric
- 50% Balance (how would it work in the current meta game points will be taken for overpowered-ness and/or underpowered-ness)
- 10% Creativity (is it creative, most of them should be with this kind of rng)
- 20% OCG (you all know what this means)
- 10% Clearness (can I tell what the card does easily)
- 10% Compatibility (do the cards work well together)

- Contestants: only accepting the first 10
- Sabitha - done
- Death Dragon - done
- Prog - maybe?
- empty
- empty

If I forgot anything please let me know. This main post will be updated as contestants show interest.

"Progenitor uses a DARK attribute Fish-Type deck. Their deck focuses on Gemini Summoning"

NOPE. I'm pretty sure it isn't random every time, so unless my re roll is different, I think I'll sit this one out.

If that is the case though, I'll be happy to act as second judge instead. I'll use the same rubric you provided

Ah so that's how it works. I was wondering why I did it myself on zerpants and his official one was the exactbsame as mine.

But yeah, I'll wait to re-roll. If I don't really feel it (monando boiy confirmed) i'll instead act as 2nd judge

Lewis uses a Wind Attribute Plant Type Deck that focuses on Ritual Summoning XD Goodness.

I would really like to enter, but  if its okay I'd like to make a small request.

Okay, So what I have done below is create a written ritual card. I do not wish to be marked on and that I am not entering this ritual card. I am doing this because There are no Wind Attribute Plant type Ritual monster and the two Pendulum monsters I am creating will need to be supporting something, so I want them to be supporting something relevant . 

Ritual that the pendulums will be supporting  (Written)

Tornado Lotus

Wind/Level 8/Plant/Atk-2800/Def-2800

When this card is Ritual Summoned, you can destroy all Spell and Trap cards on the field.

Am I okay to create Pendulum cards to support this made up card?

Well, the point would be to make a ritual-pendulum, so no that card wouldnt be acceptable for them to support. This contest should bring out some fun ideas (there are xyz pendulums so I dont see why there cant be fusion/ritual/syncro pendulums) and as stated in the OP if you get one based on ritual summoning then you are allowed to make 1 spell card that is able to ritual summon both of them(only one at a time obviously)

Aidan uses a EARTH-attribute Warrior-type deck. Their deck focuses on Xyz Summoning.

So Madolches, they werent far off.

SOUNDS GOOD TO ME BABY

Madolche Pralince

Earth/Level 5/Warrior/Atk-1000/Def-1800

<Red 6 Blue 6>

<Pendulum Effect>

If your opponent controls a monster while you have no monsters with "Madolche" in their original name, you can tribute monsters on your opponents side of the field for Normal Summons or as materials for XYZ monster. You may only use the effect of "Madolche Pralince" once per turn.
<Monster Effect>

When this card in your Possesion is destroyed by your opponent's card (either by battle or by card effect) and sent to your Extra Deck: You may shuffle this card into the Deck instead. When this card is sucesfully summoned, apply the following effects depending on the method used.

Special: All monsters on your opponents side of the field that have attack points lower than this card are switch to defense positon, and cannot change battle position as long as this card is face-up on the field.

Normal: All monsters on your opponents side of the field that have attack points higher than this card are switch to defense positon, and cannot change battle position as long as this card is face-up on the field.

Madolche King Caramel

Earth/Rank 0/Warrior/Atk-2500/Def-2800

<Red 3 Blue 7>

<Pendulum Effect>

Once per turn (Your's Or your Opponents), you may add a "Crown Counter" to this card (Max 2). When a field spell is targeted by an effect of a card, who's original name does not contain "Madolche" in it, you may remove 2 "Crown Counter"s to negate the activation.
<Monster Effect>
If this card is destroyed while in the pendulum zone, you may XYZ this card durning your Main Phase 1 by overlaying two "Madolche" monsters with diffrent levels or ranks. The rank of this card is equal to the combined rank of monsters used to summon this card. When this card declares an attack, If a Spell or Trap Card is activated during the battle phase, you may negate its activation by detaching 1 material, and if this card deals battle damage after the effect resolves, destroy the negated card.

How they work:

The two are complments to disposal of back and front row, as well as having quil-phobia with their matching scales to summon the common madolche monsters.

In theroy, Pralince can work in a stock earth deck, but Its debatible of its efficancy.

The contest was to make the two cards WORK TOGETHER not work for all.

Okay this really is a new concept to me so if they are over/underpowered I just don't really have a way of gauging it.

Ritual Spell Card

Coronation of the Whirlwind Monarch

Ritual Spell

This card can be used to Ritual Summon "Whirlwind Monarch - Queen of Sunshine", or "Whirlwind Monarch - King of Rainfall". You must also Tribute, WIND Attribute or Plant-Type, monsters from anywhere on the field or your hand whose total Levels equal or exceed the level of the Ritual Monster you are attempting to Ritual Summon. You can not Normal Summon or set during the turn you activate this card.

Monster 1

Whirlwind Monarch - Queen of Sunshine

WIND/Level 6/PLANT/Atk-2400/Def-2200

<Red 4 Blue 4>

<Pendulum Effect>

Once Per turn while this card is in your Pendulum Zone; you can add a Ritual Spell Card from your Deck to your hand. If you have a "Whirlwind Monarch - King of Rainfall" in your other Pendulum Zone, this card's Pendulum Scale becomes 2.
< Monster Effect>

This card can only be Ritual Summoned with the Ritual Spell Card "Coronation of the Whirlwind Monarch". While this Special Summoned card is on the field, "Whirlwind Monarch" monsters you control cannot be targeted by card effects, or be destroyed by battle. When this card is removed from the field by a card effect; add 1 "Whirlwind Monarch" card from your Deck to your hand.

Monster 2

Whirlwind Monarch - King of Rainfall

WIND/Level 6/PLANT/Atk-2600/Def-2000

<Red 4 Blue 4>

<Pendulum Effect>

Once Per turn while this card is in your Pendulum Zone; you can add a Level 6 or Lower Ritual Monster Card from your Deck to your hand. If you have a "Whirlwind Monarch - Queen of Sunshine" in your other Pendulum Zone, this card's Pendulum Scale becomes 8.
< Monster Effect>

This card can only be Ritual Summoned with the Ritual Spell Card "Coronation of the Whirlwind Monarch". While this Special Summoned card is on the field, "Whirlwind Monarch" monsters you control cannot be destroyed by card effects. When this card is removed from the field by a card effect; add 1 "Whirlwind Monarch" card from your Deck to your hand.

I just realised... the monsters I did are not Wind attribute Plant types... I got so caught up in trying to make them work I actually forgot my brief. Am I okay to re do them? I mean, Im happy with them right now but if I'm going to lose a lot of points because they aren't the type and attribute they should be I'd like to try again.

"BoomzShingz uses a LIGHT-attribute Dinosaur-type deck. Their deck focuses on Tribute Summoning."

Can I join too? I would like to try this as my first official created card :D

I would also like to ask if the cards must be general, or I can 'invent' an archetype for them with imaginary monsters?

"BoomzShingz uses a LIGHT-attribute Dinosaur-type deck. Their deck focuses on Tribute Summoning."

Can I join too? I would like to try this as my first official created card :D

I would also like to ask if the cards must be general, or I can 'invent' an archetype for them with imaginary monsters?

Under most circumstances, you are free to generate a new archetype. All interactions considered will generally be with anything else that's currently printed, so if your cards interact with members of the archetype that are not part of the contest, those interactions will be ignored.

Ok thanks, I guess I'll have to base it around real cards then, but I don't see much LIGHT-dinosaurs around, so I think I'll invent a sub-archetype to support the "Evol" set. (Hoping that it is still relevant in the meta)

*Edited for Submission*

BoomzShingz uses a LIGHT-attribute Dinosaur-type deck. Their deck focuses on Tribute Summoning. I'm a bit confused about the red and blue pendulum scales so I'll put 'left' for when the card is on the left side and 'right' for when it is on the right. This two cards are "Evol" support cards with a mini story that they are sentient Evolsaurs from the future to help Evoltiles evolve to Evolsaurs.
[spoiler: Cards]
Monster 1
Neo Evolsaur - Reptile Warden
Light/Level 4/Dinosaur/Atk-1600/Def-1400
<Left: 5 Right: 6>
<Pendulum Effect>
This card is also treated as an "Evoltile" monster as long as it remains on the field. Once per turn, during your Standby Phase: You can banish an "Evol" monster from your graveyard; increase OR decrease the Pendulum Scale of this card by 2 until your End Phase. During your End Phase, banish all monsters Pendulum Summoned this turn whose levels are not between the Pendulum Scales of the monsters in your Pendulum Zone.
< Monster Effect>
This card is also treated as an "Evoltile" monster as long as it remains on the field. When an attack is declared against a Reptile-Type monster you control: You may Tribute that monster as well as this card; Special Summon an "Evolsaur" monster from your hand.

Monster 2
Neo Evolsaur - Evolution Therapist
Light/Level 6/Dinosaur/Atk-2200/Def-1500
<Left: 2 Right: 9>
<Pendulum Effect>
This card is also treated as an "Evoltile" monster as long as it remains on the field. Each turn, you may Tribute Summon "Evolsaur" monsters equal to the number of monsters Pendulum Summoned this turn, in addition to your Normal Summon/Set. If you have Pendulum Summoned this turn, during the End Phase, banish all monsters on your field that were not Tribute Summoned. 
< Monster Effect>
This card is also treated as an "Evoltile" monster as long as it remains on the field. During your Main Phase: you can tribute an "Evol" monster you control; add an "Evoltile" monster from your Deck to your hand OR Special Summon an "Evolsaur" monster from your hand. You can only use this effect of "Neo Evolsaur - Evolution Therapist" once per turn.

[spoiler: Explanation]
Scale Values: So far all Pendulum Monsters have equal Pendulum Scale on the left and right, so I thought why not make it different. The player must consider the levels of the monsters they want to summon before setting the scales. Both are also treated as "Evoltile" monsters so the Evolsaurs get their maximum value when summoned.

Neo Evolsaur - Reptile Warden: The pendulum effect is to enable a wider range of pendulum summons, with the offside that at the end of the turn the pendulum scale will reset and you may lose some monsters. As for the monster effect, the ATK of reptile warden was chosen to make the evoltiles more desirable to attack instead, as it has high attack relatively, but it gives the opponent a difficult choice to choose who to attack (unless they can kill both).

Neo Evolsaur - Evolution Therapist: Following the 'Theme' of Tribute Summon, this effect allows fast tribute summons to swarm the field with high level monsters ready to attack or Xyz or whatever. The downside is that if the player loses all his non-Tributed monsters at the End Phase. This should be quite fair as the "Evol" set has no pendulum monsters to go into the extra deck, so the more low level monsters pendulum summoned, the less high level monsters there are to tribute (Unless there's some epic combo I haven't thought of). Its monster effect allows it to act as a searcher or a summoner.

How they work together: Using Reptile Warden's effect allows a wide range of monsters to be pendulum summoned, then tribute summoning many high level monsters with Evolution therapist. This way, monsters are not wasted at the end of the turn when Reptile warden's pendulum scale is reset. Player's skill is needed to choose which monsters to tribute, and getting the proper setup with a balance of lwo and high level monsters in the hand.

Decided to have 3 cards, since they interact with Syncros, so the thrid card (The Syncro) can be ignored if I'm not allowed to submit it.

[spoiler=Submissions]

Esper of Fortune
WATER/Lv 4
Blue: 5/Red: 5
Pendulum Effect: Whilst this card is face up in either your Red or Blue Pendulum Zones, you can pay 500 Life Points: Discard 1 card; Search your deck for a Level 4 or lower Psychic-Type monster, and add it to your hand.
Psychic/Pendulum/Tuner/Effect
At the start of your Draw phase: you can search your graveyard for 1 Level 4 or lower Psychic-Type monster, and add it to your hand. If you activate this effect, it becomes your Main-Phase 1.
ATK- 800
DEF- 1200

Esper of Luck
WATER/Lv 4
Blue: 3/Red: 3
Pendulum Effect: Whilst this card is face up in either your Red or Blue Pendulum Zones, you can pay 500 Life Points: Discard 1 card; Search your deck for a Level 4 or lower Psychic-Type Tuner monster, and add it to your hand.
Psychic/Pendulum/Effect
At the start of your Main-Phase 1: you can search your deck for 1 Level 4 or lower Psychic-Type Tuner monster, and Special Summon it. You cannot Normal Summon or Set a monster on the turn you activate this effect.
ATK- 1200
DEF- 800

Nostradamus, Esper of Providence
WATER/Lv 8
Blue: 7/Red: 7
Pendulum Effect: If this card is in your Red Pendulum Zone, during your Stand-By Phase; Gain 1000 Life Points. If this card is in your Blue Pendulum Zone, during your Stand-By Phase; Draw 1 card. You can pay tribute 1 Psychic-Type monster to Special Summon this card from either Pendulum Zone to the field.
Psychic/Pendulum/Syncro/Effect
1 Psychic-Type Tuner + 1 or more Non-Tuners
This card gains 500 ATK and DEF for each Pendulum monster used to Syncro Summon this card. During your Stand-By Phase, you gain 300 Life Points for each Psychic-Type monster on the field excluding "Nostradamus, Esper of Providence". At the end of your opponent's turn, look at the top card of your deck, and choose to reveal it and add it to your hand, or send it to the bottom of your deck (this effect is mandatory, and can only be activated once per turn). If this card were to be destroyed, you can pay 3000 Life Points to instead place it in one of your Pendulum Zones.
ATK- 2800
DEF- 2000

• 2 weeks later...

Archived