[MtG] Zendikar's Retribution (written)

heraldry_lord

Supreme Verdict and the two legendaries don't target. Uncounterable cards that you have to declare targets for need the "by spells and abilities" clause. So, yes, Giga is right.

Uncounterability is not a white ability at all. Primary red and green, and tertiary blue. Card doesn't need it anyway. It's randomly tacked on for not much.

Might be a bit pushed, but seems fine.

Supreme Verdict and the two legendaries don't target. Uncounterable cards that you have to declare targets for need the "by spells and abilities" clause. So, yes, Giga is right.

Because otherwise they would still resolve even if targets were made illegal, since fizzling is countering by game mechanics, correct?

Because otherwise they would still resolve even if targets were made illegal, since fizzling is countering by game mechanics, correct?

Yep, cards without legal targets get countered as part of the game mechanics. So it physically makes no sense for it to resolve in that scenario.

To be fair, it didn't target when he said it (though I understand what you're saying), so now the question I have is do you think it should target?

Uncounterability is not a white ability at all. Primary red and green, and tertiary blue. Card doesn't need it anyway. It's randomly tacked on for not much.

I see.  Also, it's not random; I was thinking of Esper when I made it.   So, I either have to add blue to it, or I remove the clause. 

Archived