Dance Faster and Faster! [Giga's Archetypes: Incandescent Cabaret]

(GigaDrillBreaker)

Kinda an idea I got out of nowhere, had a lot of fun designing these. Basically, they are (mostly) level 2 FIRE Psychic-type monsters, whose effects trigger when their battle positions are changed. Didn't really make any S/T support, but they are very well supported by a lot of the Psychic and FIRE support of the past.

[spoiler=Maindeck]

[spoiler=Bharata]

HjQU1yH.png

You can target 1 other "Incandescent Cabaret" monster you control: Change that target's battle position. You can only use this effect of "Incandescent Cabaret Bharata" once per turn. If the battle position of this card is changed: You can target 1 face-up Effect Monster your opponent controls; negate the effects of that opponent's face-up monster, until your opponent's next End Phase.

[spoiler=Burlesque]

lozEEuN.png

You can target 1 other "Incandescent Cabaret" monster you control: Change that target's battle position. You can only use this effect of "Incandescent Cabaret Burlesque" once per turn. If the battle position of this card is changed: You can send 1 "Incandescent Cabaret" card from your Deck to the Graveyard, except "Incandescent Cabaret Burlesque". You can only use this effect of "Incandescent Cabaret Burlesque" once per turn.

[spoiler=Fandango]

SNGsA6o.png

If the battle position of this card is changed: You can Special Summon 1 "Incandescent Cabaret" monster from your Deck, but its effects are negated. You can only use this effect of "Incandescent Cabaret Fandango" once per turn. If this card is sent to the Graveyard: You can target 3 "Incandescent Cabaret" monsters in your Graveyard; shuffle all 3 into the Deck, then draw 1 card.

[spoiler=Mambo]

w1Ucjnu.png

You can target 1 other "Incandescent Cabaret" monster you control: Change that target's battle position. You can only use this effect of "Incandescent Cabaret Mambo" once per turn. If the battle position of this card is changed: You can target 1 card you control and 1 card your opponent controls; destroy them. You can only use this effect of "Incandescent Cabaret Mambo" once per turn. 

[spoiler=Pirouette]

xhlcXto.png

You can target 1 other "Incandescent Cabaret" monster you control: Change that target's battle position. You can only use this effect of "Incandescent Cabaret Pirouette" once per turn. If the battle position of this card is changed: You can target 1 Set Spell/Trap Card your opponent controls. Your opponent cannot activate the targeted card in response to this effect's activation. That set card cannot be activated until your opponent's next End Phase.

[spoiler=Raqs Sharqi]

KEvmZni.png

If the battle position of this card is changed: You can Special Summon 1 FIRE monster with 200 DEF from your hand. If this card is sent to the Graveyard: You can excavate the top card of your Deck, and if it is an "Incandescent Cabaret" monster, add it to your hand. Otherwise, send it to the Graveyard.

[spoiler=Extra Deck]

[spoiler=Flamenco]

AyQ0zsr.png

1 "Incandescent Cabaret" Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner FIRE monsters
During either player's turn: Change the battle positions of all face-up monsters on the field. Cannot be destroyed by battle or by card effects if its battle position has been changed this turn. Ifthis card is sent to the Graveyard: Special Summon 1 "Incandescent Cabaret" monster from your Deck. You can only use each effect of "Incandescent Cabaret Flamenco" once per turn.

[spoiler=Tango]

RnOGrHj.png

1 FIRE Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
During either player's turn: Change the battle positions of all face-up monsters on the field. If the battle position of this card is changed: You can target 1 "Incandescent Cabaret" monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target, but it cannot declare an attack this turn. You can only use each effect of "Incandescent Cabaret Tango" once per turn.

• 2 weeks later...

Also Fandango is super dumb. 
If you get Fandango and another level 2 that can change position you get
Eff of the other level 2. A free SS of, lets say Fandango2, from Fandango.
Then you make a Tango with the level 2 and Fandango2. Fandango2 goes off in grave, maybe you can draw.
Use Tango effect, resummon Fandango2.
Synch for Flamenco using Tango and Fandango2. Potentially draw from Fandago2
Make a level 8 with Flamenco and Fandango.  Potentially draw from Fandango
Flamenco effect goes off, SS anything. 
For 2 cards you get up to 3 draws and a level 8 synchro and a level 2 monster. Or any other multitude of possibilities.

I agree, fandango is over the top. My main ideas are lowering the ATK of flamenco by 100, changing tango to negate the effect of the summoned monster (mostly to prevent stumbling from making bharata too easy of effect negation), and probably a full overhaul of fandango. I know it is my archetype, so asking this is a bit cheeky, but what would you like to see on fandango? All that really needs to stay is her being a tuner.

I don't think reducing the attack on flamenco by 100 really solves the problem that it's all but 100 percent immune to battle and card destruction. I'm not sure what the intent with flamenco was so I'm not sure how you'd like to change that? If you want to keep it as is, it probably needs to be below 2400 attack.

Fandango I think should have the draw effect removed and put on a different card. It currently is by far the best tuner as it summons cards and also draws you cards and refills extra/main deck.

Your main deck monsters seems super interesting. The real problem here is that you can Tango into Flamenco like its nobody's business. You could beatstick a turn, and if your opponent summons something threatening you can just switch positions for insta-protection. Is it possible that you could add a cost to add the protection?

exa: "If this card's Battle Position is changed: you can (Banish or Shuffle into the deck) 1 Level 2 "Incandescent Cabaret" monster, and if you do, this card cannot be destroyed by battle/effect until the end of the turn."

I don't think reducing the attack on flamenco by 100 really solves the problem that it's all but 100 percent immune to battle and card destruction. I'm not sure what the intent with flamenco was so I'm not sure how you'd like to change that? If you want to keep it as is, it probably needs to be below 2400 attack.

Fandango I think should have the draw effect removed and put on a different card. It currently is by far the best tuner as it summons cards and also draws you cards and refills extra/main deck.

These a viable concerns, and I am putting dancers in the back seat for the time, design-wise. I really appreciate the help.

Your main deck monsters seems super interesting. The real problem here is that you can Tango into Flamenco like its nobody's business. You could beatstick a turn, and if your opponent summons something threatening you can just switch positions for insta-protection. Is it possible that you could add a cost to add the protection?

exa: "If this card's Battle Position is changed: you can (Banish or Shuffle into the deck) 1 Level 2 "Incandescent Cabaret" monster, and if you do, this card cannot be destroyed by battle/effect until the end of the turn."

This is actually a really nice idea, and I will probably implement it when I update these.

Archived