Trade

NP Sage

• Administrators

Although I agree card for points trading is the only surefire way to ensure no one is scammed, it's a little bit risky because points are an electronic implementation and can, and have been accidentally erased before.

If we were to have card-for-card trading again, we could make it so that new traders would have to send their end of the deal first. We could implement a trading function to the site so reputation points could only be given when a trade has been completed.

Either way though, card-trading is extremely risky VIA the internet, and I don't think it's a good idea to re-implement it to the site.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although I agree card for points trading is the only surefire way to ensure no one is scammed' date=' it's a little bit risky because points are an electronic implementation and can, and have been accidentally erased before.

If we were to have card-for-card trading again, we could make it so that new traders would have to send their end of the deal first. We could implement a trading function to the site so reputation points could only be given when a trade has been completed.

Either way though, card-trading is extremely risky VIA the internet, and I don't think it's a good idea to re-implement it to the site.

[/quote']

It's only risky if you don't know what the **** you are doing.

• Administrators

Chaos Pudding: As I said before, points can and have been accidentally erased before. That's completely out of the hands of the trader, and results from an accidental loss of data on the site. Such an event would be catastrophic if points were used as legitimate currency, and for that reason, I don't think points-for card trading would be a good idea.

Chaos Pudding: As I said before' date=' points can and have been accidentally erased before. That's completely out of the hands of the trader, and results from an accidental loss of data on the site. Such an event would be catastrophic if points were used as legitimate currency, and for that reason, I don't think points-for card trading would be a good idea.

[/quote']

This I can agree with. Only idiots would sell their cards for points.

Chaos Pudding: As I said before' date=' points can and have been accidentally erased before. That's completely out of the hands of the trader, and results from an accidental loss of data on the site. Such an event would be catastrophic if points were used as legitimate currency, and for that reason, I don't think points-for card trading would be a good idea.

[/quote']

WAIT! STOP! YOU'LL RUIN IT FOR EVERYONE!

Although I agree card for points trading is the only surefire way to ensure no one is scammed' date=' it's a little bit risky because points are an electronic implementation and can, and have been accidentally erased before.

[/quote']

It's only risky if you don't know what the **** you are doing.

:lol: This is YCM.net we're talking about, right?

No. A thousand times no. It will never, ever be perfect. There will never, ever be a way to control it. It just fails badly.

Go to eBay and have fun.

[/quote']

WAIT! STOP! YOU'LL RUIN IT FOR EVERYONE!

No, you sell your cards for points to get more points to get more cards....

SENIOR MEMBER!!!!!!! W00t W00t W00t!

Yeah, and its kinda hard to get reps..aside from contests which mean little. And Graphic design, also small, unless you say help someone, or stand up for someone (which happens rarely) you can't get reps. Look at NP Sage, Elite member with 11 reps, and God GAK with 403 because of his shop (mostly). You get the point.

Archived